Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MJD a Raider

Quote:He'd be smart to take whatever they offered at this point.

At this point any offer is a good offer:

Quote:This year, the top of the market has stagnated at $3.5 million per year for the likes of Toby Gerhart and Donald Brown (both of whom signed three-year contracts in Jacksonville and San Diego, respectively) and Ben Tate (who signed a two-year deal in Cleveland).  For former first-round pick Knowshon Moreno, the best deal consisted of $2.5 million in signing bonus and base salary, along with another $500,000 in roster bonuses, per a source with knowledge of Moreno’s one-year contract in Miami.

That’s a max package of $3 million.  For a guy who gained more than 1,000 yards in 2013.

It doesn’t bode well for Maurice Jones-Drew, who surely doesn’t like what he’s hearing now that he finally has made his way to the open market.  Jones-Drew reportedly has expanded his search to include Oakland, which already has brought back Darren McFadden on a one-year deal worth $1.75 million, half the current market rate.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.nbcsports.com/content/moreno-deal-reconfirms-poor-state-running-back-market'>http://m.nbcsports.com/content/moreno-deal-reconfirms-poor-state-running-back-market</a>
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The Raiders GM is stock pilling nothing but veterans in FA.  J. Tuck, Woodley, & C. Woodson all signed. He let there young studs walk away (L. Houston & J. Veldheer). I can see Mojo signing with them too. RunDMC only signed a 1yr contract and the let R. Jennings walk as well. Still hate to see him go. It will make me feel some kind of way to see him in another uniform. His ego & asking price is stopping him from being with us.

AllDay is the only back in the NFL that will ever see a big money contract. All the other RB in the league need to except that fact.

Quote:Trust me, Pats or Bronco's would love to have him. It's his asking price which won't get him signed.

Why would they love to have him? He showed nothing last year.

Quote:Why would they love to have him? He showed nothing last year.

And wouldn't they have already been banging on his door by now?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2014, 11:15 PM by CALIVILLE.)

Quote:Why would they love to have him? He showed nothing last year.
. Overall Numbers Sir !!
Cali got the Oranges ..Jacksonville got the Drew !!

This is MJDs first offseason since the lis franc injury.. Where he will be able to train like has in the past... Everybody is looking at last year & not taking into consideration that he was unable to train before the season started.. To overlook that is a big mistake !!
Cali got the Oranges ..Jacksonville got the Drew !!

I agree that denver and the pats, even the Packers could couet mjd in a couple months post draft depending on injuries.

Quote:. Overall Numbers Sir !!

Do you watch the NFL?

I wanted to see him go to Arizona

Quote:It will make me feel some kind of way to see him in another uniform.

This. Sad

Quote:His ego & asking price is stopping him from being with us.

Also this.  x 2

;
"Help is not on the way." - Vic Ketchman

He's a Raider pending a physical.

http://www.mercurynews.com/raiders/ci_25...jones-drew
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

He will be close to home but I do not see him doing anything there.
;

;

Raiders a waste land for once great players. I still don't understand why players go there. Even for the money.

Quote:Raiders a waste land for once great players. I still don't understand why players go there. Even for the money.
This

Quote:Raiders a waste land for once great players. I still don't understand why players go there. Even for the money.
beggars can't be choosers?

I am sure he will play with a chip on his shoulder, but knowing this is his last contract of his career and playing for the Raiders, one has to wonder how motivated he will be and if he can stay in shape.

Isn't he DMac's backup anyway?

Maurice will have a good season this year. Bank on it. He still has something left.

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2014, 08:53 AM by BritishJag.)

Sad to see him go but it's the right time for it to happen. Nothing but good luck to him in Oakland though.

I'd be delighted to see him grab 1,000+ yards next season as long as it doesn't impact the Jags.

I wish him the best.   In my opinion, he gave us all he had.   

Quote:I wish him the best.   In my opinion, he gave us all he had.   

Until the last 2 years. He got heavy, slow, and selfish. It was time for him to go. Wish him luck though.