Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MJD a Raider

I'm happy to see that MOJO has found an home near home. I'm enclined to say that his jersey will NEVER be worn by me again unless he retires as a Jaguar...

To the closet you go MOJO #32... Now the real question is will I acquire Gerheart's #32?

NH3...
"AZANE"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Okay, Bklyn.  We'll take that to the bank since you're saying it will happen.

MJD played most of last season overweight.  He looked slow and sluggish at times.  I think that's a primary reason why the Jaguars were less than aggressive in keeping him around.  He'll go home to Cali and he'll fade away into the twilight of his career.  He might have "something" left, but he's running on fumes.  Too much mileage on those legs, and the injuries have been adding up over the past few years.

I've always been an MJD fan, but the guy hasn't been running away from anyone for a few years now.  Even in the season where he won the rushing title, it was one of the lowest numbers ever registered for that honor in recent years.

He brought Jaguar fans a lot of fond memories, and he'll always be appreciated for that.  But, the last couple of seasons have shown what happens when you're used like a work horse and expected to carry the offense for year after year.  Couple that with the style of back he is where he seeks out contact, and that pounding does nothing to prolong his career.

Agreed...

Especially him losing his speed while playing at an heavier weight. It got to the point that he could'nt control/maintain his playing weight.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:MJD's Free Agency Grand Plan:

MJD Plan A ...find a playoff team that will pay me $3.5m per year or better.

MJD Plan B ...find any team that will pay me $3.5m per year or better.

MJD Plan C ...find a Cali-based team that will pay me anything to play.

MJD Plan D ...find any team (even the Jags) that will pay me anything to play.

He has now entered Plan C. 
This is it, in a nutshell.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

According to the following article,  MJD signed a 3 year contract.  No other terms were currently mentioned by PFT.   With a total housecleaning a realistic possibility with the Raiders in 2015,  it remains to be seen if MJD will even see year # 2 of this contract:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...h-raiders/

Quote:Agreed. At least the Raider nation now can't blame Al Davis for it all.

For sure.  

Al Davis made more than his share of personnel  and coaching mistakes the last few years of his life.  Yet,  the Raiders were actually getting better at the time he passed away during the 2011 season.  For the most part,  it's been downhill since then.

Thanks for the memories Maurice, I'm sorry you couldn't finish here but that's the way the business is.

Hope you find what you're looking for out there.

Turn the page guys.....it's a new team.

Still my team!

GO JAGS!

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

I wish him the best and hope to see him put up a few more 1,000 yard seasons before he's all said and done.

Marcedes lewis is still on the roster, but mjd is not. There's something wrong with that. Marcedes got paid, Mincey got paid, Garrard got paid, just to name a few. But real contributors like MJD and Daryl Smith? Nope. I still have faith in Dave and Gus, but not re-signing these guys hurt, especially when we had the cap room.

Good luck and best wishes for MJD.

He'll need every bit of them where he's headed.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Some people will point to his decline in production, but those same people will talk about the poor interior line. You can't have it both ways.

He should be fine with Mcfadden.

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Best of luck to him. Many years of greatness.  Then his ego got to big.  

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Some people will point to his decline in production, but those same people will talk about the poor interior line. You can't have it both ways.
Has a lot to due with the nature of there positions more than anything else IMO. Those (LB & RB) are high contact nearly every play and it's hard to justify paying them a lot past a certain age.

Sad

Quote:It's an insult, after everything this guy has given this team, for this thread to NOT be on the Jaguars sub-forum.
The forum heading is "Jaguars", not "ex-Jaguars who got greedy, held out for more money, had dwindling production and weren't resigned"  Get over it!

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:Some people will point to his decline in production, but those same people will talk about the poor interior line. You can't have it both ways.

Except the line wasn't really any different than when he lead the league in rushing not so long ago.

So, sometimes... yes.  Both bullet points are true.  Last year he was older, coming off injury, and fat.  Sounds like he's working a lot harder than last season, and he should have since he was seeking a new team and contract.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Before FA started, I didn't mind MJD leaving. Now that he is officially gone, I'm kinda sad. I kinda miss him. But, just kinda. I'm reminded of the Aerosmith song. "Train kept a rolling". He gone! But so are the jags! In a few years from now, the jags will be barreling down the tracks towards the playoffs. Hopefully well be perennial playoff contenders.

Quote:Marcedes lewis is still on the roster, but mjd is not. There's something wrong with that. Marcedes got paid, Mincey got paid, Garrard got paid, just to name a few. But real contributors like MJD and Daryl Smith? Nope. I still have faith in Dave and Gus, but not re-signing these guys hurt, especially when we had the cap room.
. Agreed !!!!!!
Cali got the Oranges ..Jacksonville got the Drew !!

Quote:Before FA started, I didn't mind MJD leaving. Now that he is officially gone, I'm kinda sad. I kinda miss him. But, just kinda. I'm reminded of the Aerosmith song. "Train kept a rolling". He gone! But so are the jags! In a few years from now, the jags will be barreling down the tracks towards the playoffs. Hopefully well be perennial playoff contenders.

The feelings I have toward MJD leaving are not even close to when Fred left.
Huh

Quote:The feelings I have toward MJD leaving are not even close to when Fred left.

Exactly. Fred Taylor was an iconic player for this franchise. When he left, we lost a guy who is still a part of many of the greatest highlights in the history of this franchise. He grew up as a Jaguar to become one of the greats in franchise history. MJD had an opportunity to do the same, and to become another icon, but his ego outweighed his success here. It's a shame.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]