Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Most dangerous street in Jacksonville?

I believe that's Durkeeville 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:HUD housing. Back in the 70s and 80s it was decided that rather than cluster HUD housing in one area of town, it would be best to distribute it around every city. The theory being that HUD residents would acquire the socioeconomic habits of the surrounding areas and climb out of poverty and crime. Instead, it had the effect of injecting cancer cells into healthy tissue. If not kept in constant check the surrounding neighborhoods begin to devalue and die.
Yeah my aunt lives off of cassat and lives near a dangerous housing project

Quote:Yeah my aunt lives off of cassat and lives near a dangerous housing project

Eureka Gardens?

Quote:I was doing the montessori magnet program at Kirby Smith when I was in middle school. I remember the school going on lockdown because somebody shot up the Krystals we shared a parking lot with. My dad also remembers being propositioned more than once dropping me off at school there.

Come to think of it, when I was going to J Allen Axson we got sent home once because there was a dead body on the school grounds one morning. I think it was a taxi driver.

Not sure how it compares with the other spots yall are mentioning, just sharing some of my precious childhood memories.

Hmm strange, usually the good schools share parking lots with fast food joints. I know I was bummed when we moved to St. John's county all the schools just had their own parking lot.

Growing up in Chicago, I find some areas in Jacksonville to be certainly less desireable and areas I'd like to avoid but, describing them as "dangerous" seems weird to me. Jacksonville may not have some things other big cities have but, it is overall a very nice city. Those of us who live in and around Jacksonville are pretty lucky.

Quote:I'll take it you've never been to any major cities before. i.e NYC, LA, Chicago, etc. If you think Moncrief is bad take a gander thru the cities listed above, especially Chicago where gangs run the streets.
(Insert Sarcasm Font)

I don't think you understood the question asked.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:Eureka Gardens?
Yeah. U live near there?

Quote:Yeah. U live near there?

No, thank god.  It's always in the news.

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2014, 05:10 PM by The Mad Dog.)

I'd say the most dangerous street in Jax is the one FBT lives on....you know?....I mean if he lives close your property might be susceptible to falling into the giant sinkhole created by the mass next door Big Grin

Now, we're even, re: your glitter/ Miata comments on the b-day/ car threads... :yes:

Quote:I'd say the most dangerous street in Jax is the one FBT lives on....you know?....I mean if he lives close your property might be susceptible to falling into the giant sinkhole created by the mass next door Big Grin

Now, we're even, re: your glitter/ Miata comments on the b-day/ car threads... :yes:

You hold onto grudges a lot dontcha?

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Quote:You hold onto grudges a lot dontcha?

I do?...because of that? Laughing 

Quote:I do?...because of that? Laughing

You need to calm down..

Quote:You need to calm down..

yeah, I know....that was pretty intense up there. 

Quote:Moncrief isn't too bad. 8th street can be really shady though, the other side of 95 away from Shands..
I get to spend the next few hours @ Stanton...yay

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Quote:yeah, I know....that was pretty intense up there.

Sir!! You're causing a scene..

Quote:I get to spend the next few hours @ Stanton...yay

That's up there near Myrtle isn't it? Take the bazooka.. You may be ok.. 

Quote:HUD housing. Back in the 70s and 80s it was decided that rather than cluster HUD housing in one area of town, it would be best to distribute it around every city. The theory being that HUD residents would acquire the socioeconomic habits of the surrounding areas and climb out of poverty and crime. Instead, it had the effect of injecting cancer cells into healthy tissue. If not kept in constant check the surrounding neighborhoods begin to devalue and die.

That's because the misguided people that made that determination wrongly believe people who become criminals do so only because of outside influence, and not of their own volition.  In other words, there are no bad people, only bad circumstances.  What you have presented here is further evidence that this psychological view is nonsense.     

Soutel. Moncrief. Eureka. Places I wouldnt exactly start up a Starbucks, Whole Foods, Fresh Market franchise. much less hang out for drinks at the local pub.

Been threatened there before, and asked what my #*%#€ was doing around there. I didn't bother saying I was taking up a collection for Michael Dunns defense fund.

Ok...the last part is bs, but the rest... Well decide for yourself.
Blakes Life Matters

Bert Road?

[Image: 33yq44j.gif]

Keep in touch on Facebook: WE ARE JAGUARS

Quote:Eureka Gardens?

That's the one you hear about in the news ALL the time!!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:I get to spend the next few hours @ Stanton...yay

My son went there, it was usually pretty quiet, except for the shooting that happened on one of the election days at the polling place across the street from the football field...while my son was out at football practice!! :blink:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???