Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
anybody else have a beard?

Quote:Shaved mine 2 or 3 weeks ago. Had a good one going.

Unlike some of you youngsters - I look younger without the beard.... And that's a GOOD thing. LOL

(I'm the same age as our GM)
I'm 23 and got grey hairs in mine already

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yeah.. Quit wasting a good beard thread.. Shame! Although there is beer made out of beard yeast/hair.. So I suppose it's fitting

No beard for me. I like to shave only once a week. So I just shave, leave it be for a week, then shave again.

I'm thinking of growing a playoff beard for the NHL playoffs though. But with my job, I'd have to keep it groomed.

Sometimes I sport a mustache...OF BEER FOAM.  

I can't get past the "itch stage" without giving up and shaving it off. You know, that time from day 3 to 10 or so, where  you want to take a blowtorch to your face.

Plus, mine comes in almost pure grey these days.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:I can't get past the "itch stage" without giving up and shaving it off. You know, that time from day 3 to 10 or so, where you want to take a blowtorch to your face.

I grey beard can be very beautiful. Yes the itchy. Stage sucks.. But it will pass and be worth it.

Quote:No beard for me. I like to shave only once a week. So I just shave, leave it be for a week, then shave again.

I'm thinking of growing a playoff beard for the NHL playoffs though. But with my job, I'd have to keep it groomed.
Ahh! Tried to multi quote and include Dakotas reply. I used to be a once a week guy too. Then that itchy stage kicked in and I shaved it all off. I'm going to try AGIAIN to get past that and let it all grow. Hopefully I won't have anything important going on that I don't decide to shave it off ( and my head) usually shave my head but not bic'd just no guard. I shouldn't have anything going on, so I may look like a cave man in a couple months.

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2014, 10:15 PM by EricC85.)

Since i was 19 always had a beard it's getting a little Long right now with the clippers packed up
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Anybody find eating certain foods difficult with a beard? I have a hell of a time with noodles.

Quote:Anybody find eating certain foods difficult with a beard? I have a hell of a time with noodles.

I've never tried to eat with a beard...I usually just use a fork or spoon. It seems to be working okay for me so far! :thumbsup:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:I've never tried to eat with a beard...I usually just use a fork or spoon. It seems to be working okay for me so far! :thumbsup:

That would be worse than chopsticks.

Quote:Anybody find eating certain foods difficult with a beard? I have a hell of a time with noodles.

Cereal and bbq.  

Huh

Quote:I've never tried to eat with a beard...I usually just use a fork or spoon. It seems to be working okay for me so far! :thumbsup:
grammar is not my best friend.

Quote:grammar is not my best friend.

It's okay...I'm sure if you're nice to it, it will like you more! :yes:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 03-24-2014, 10:25 AM by Hard_Eight.)

Have been sporting a chin strap for a while, gonna let it go with the neck until the Wife complains. We'll see how long that lasts

My only fear is my cheeks. I have like literally 8 hairs between my chops and my mustache. So sad.

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Quote:Have been sporting a chin strap for a while, gonna let it go with the neck until the Wife complains. We'll see how long that lasts

My only fear is my cheeks. I have like literally 8 hairs between my chops and my mustache. So sad.
My wife seems to like my goatee more than I do. She complains every time I shave it off. Other than the fact that it's getting grey, my facial hair grows like I'm about 16.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Same here, if I want to keep it clean, I can shave like once a week and be fine. Sad 

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Quote:I can't get past the "itch stage" without giving up and shaving it off. You know, that time from day 3 to 10 or so, where you want to take a blowtorch to your face.

I had the itch stage for what seemed like a month or so. No issues now. It is great not having to shave every day.

Proof, it is the off season.

Some of you seem pretty young ( to some of us).

Maybe start a Have any unwanted zits thread... Well, just zits thread. Most aren't wanted.

Older guys can have a Have any corns thread. Or What foods constipated you thread.
Blakes Life Matters

Cheese makes me constipated. But I think that is normal. Broccoli and onions make my toots stink extra.

Does that work ringo?