Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
No "franchise" QB is this draft per Baldinger and Evans

Quote:Your standards are WAY too high.

Under that rationale, Elway, Aikman, Manning, Favre, Rodgers and many others would all not be drafted by you, because none of those guys immediately turned around the teams they were with to that degree in their first seasons.

Aikman went winless in his first year.  Was he not worth the top pick in that draft, which included Hall of Famers Barry Sanders, Deion Sanders and Derrick Thomas in the top 5-6?

Peyton Manning went 3-13 his first season with the Colts.  He would be another Hall of Fame caliber QB that would fail to meet your standards as expressed above.

Aaron Rodgers first year as a starter saw the Packers finish something like 5-11.

Would you have joined Jerry Glanville in trading away Brett Favre because he stayed on the bench in the first year even after being drafted in the second round?!?  For that matter, wouldn't you have been among the then 28 GMs that passed him up in the first round in the first place?

Montana?  No, he wouldn't have been worth it either since he wasn't a starter his rookie year.  For that matter, neither was Tom Brady or Terry Bradshaw.

I can understand misgivings about the QBs in this draft.

But if the above quoted represents the standards to which a QB must meet or exceed to justify a top draft choice expended by you, you'd never draft a QB.
If that's what you took from that fine.....but I think we know that is not what I meant in the slightest....

It was basically paraphrasing what the video said, and I have said on numerous occasions that I think Teddy and Manziel are 1st round talents......

But just because someone is worthy of 1st round doesn't mean they are worthy of #3 overall......

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:@1981

You are right there are only a few examples of that. And do you know why? Because those kind of guys aren't available each year.

A guy who has potential, isn't they same as a guy who can do it day one......

You're basically saying reach for a QB because you need a QB.......

But I would ask how many teams with franchise QBs reached for him? All the teams that had/have franchise - HOF level guys had that guy fall to their pick, or they weren't drafted at all. They didn't reach.....

I'm not saying reach for a QB, I'm saying you may have a drastically different definition of franchise QB compared actual GM's

Quote:If that's what you took from that fine.....but I think we know that is not what I meant in the slightest....

It was basically paraphrasing what the video said, and I have said on numerous occasions that I think Teddy and Manziel are 1st round talents......

But just because someone is worthy of 1st round doesn't mean they are worthy of #3 overall......

As to your opening line, I can only respond to what you typed.

As to your closing line, I agree as a general proposition.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2014, 03:37 PM by GreeceMonkE.)

Quote:As to your opening line, I can only respond to what you typed.

As to your closing line, I agree as a general proposition.
Then if you are going to respond to what I type you should read the comments before. I was responding to the guys saying that Evnas and Baldinger suck.....

Which maybe they do....

But that was my reason for paraphrasing the video.

....and BTW my opening line was "For the people who hate what these guys have to say about their QB (whether you like TB, Manziel, or Bortles, etc)..."

which would be about the video.....just saying.....

Well god told me Teddy is a franchise QB so thats that. 

Quote:Then if you are going to respond to what I type you should read the comments before. I was responding to the guys saying that Evnas and Baldinger suck.....

Which maybe they do....

But that was my reason for paraphrasing the video.

....and BTW my opening line was "For the people who hate what these guys have to say about their QB (whether you like TB, Manziel, or Bortles, etc)..."

which would be about the video.....just saying.....
1.  I was referring to the opening line in your response to me, not the opening line in the thread/your first post in this thread.

2.  I have no interest in somehow twisting your words to distort them with the plain meaning is clear.  Indeed, everyone who responded to you basically had the same response I had.

So to clarify...Baldinger and Evans pretty much suck. We agree here. Their suckiness does not negate your criticisms of the QBs in this draft, even though they agree with you. 

I just responded to what I and others perceived as your standard to justify drafting a QB in the top 3.  Unless I missed something-which is possible-you didn't indicate you were paraphrasing them until now.

But within context, if you weren't in agreement with that standard they expressed, why paraphrase that standard?

Quote:1.  I was referring to the opening line in your response to me, not the opening line in the thread/your first post in this thread.

2.  I have no interest in somehow twisting your words to distort them with the plain meaning is clear.  Indeed, everyone who responded to you basically had the same response I had.

So to clarify...Baldinger and Evans pretty much suck. We agree here. Their suckiness does not negate your criticisms of the QBs in this draft, even though they agree with you. 

I just responded to what I and others perceived as your standard to justify drafting a QB in the top 3.  Unless I missed something-which is possible-you didn't indicate you were paraphrasing them until now.

But within context, if you weren't in agreement with that standard they expressed, why paraphrase that standard?
That was just the part I picked. I probably should have quoted that whole last part where they mentioned if this was 2010 (the year Bradford was drafted) and there was no rookie wage scale that we wouldn't even be talking about these guys in the top 10 picks. Then they went on to say the later which we are currently discussing (how there is no guy who will come in and make that kind of playoff impact)....

All in all my bad on poor post. I will make sure to be more clear next time and in the future (hopefully...)

My apologies

Quote:Well god told me Teddy is a franchise QB so thats that. 
Which GOD????

Quote:That was just the part I picked. I probably should have quoted that whole last part where they mentioned if this was 2010 (the year Bradford was drafted) and there was no rookie wage scale that we wouldn't even be talking about these guys in the top 10 picks. Then they went on to say the later which we are currently discussing (how there is no guy who will come in and make that kind of playoff impact)....

All in all my bad on poor post. I will make sure to be more clear next time and in the future (hopefully...)

My apologies

No problem.

THough we have been in general disagreement on the subject of QBs, I tend to like your posts overall.  Though I didn't get the chance to comment on it, I liked your mock draft.

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2014, 04:17 PM by GreeceMonkE.)

Quote:No problem.

THough we have been in general disagreement on the subject of QBs, I tend to like your posts overall.  Though I didn't get the chance to comment on it, I liked your mock draft.

I like your post as well. You keep it civil and adult like which I enjoy. And you also don't attack me personally, only my opinions, which IMO makes for good debate.

Also thanks for reading the mock draft I did recently.

Quote:No problem.

Quote:I like your post as well. You keep it civil and adult like which I enjoy. And you also don't attack me personally, only my opinions, which IMO makes for good debate.

Also thanks for reading the mock draft I did recently.

If you two don't start throwing around insults at one another, I'm going to call a Mod in here!

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:If you two don't start throwing around insults at one another, I'm going to call a Mod in here!
Shut up. Your dum.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Shut up. Your dum.

You can't tell me to shut up. Your two stoopid to spell it.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

I don't understand this "no franshise guy" in the draft. I doubt there is NO QB that will start and do well for a team for the present and future... There definitely is at least one guy who will do really well whether it's a first round pick or a sixth round pick. Just gotta find the right guy and put him in a good and comfortable situation.
Shock the world

Evans has no business evaluating anyone or anything
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

This almost certainly guarantees that there will be a quality starting QB in this draft.