Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jacksonville University

I'm currently applying for the STA-21 program in the Navy, the one where they send you back to school and pay for your education then you become an officer, and I have to pick between three colleges.

I'm looking for some feedback because being a jags fan and my wife prefers warmer weather over all the snow up north i figured Jax would be a great place to go to school at and finish my degree.

From the navy personnel I've talked to they seem to have one of the best ROTC programs in the nation so that's a big positive for me.

If anyone knows anything about the university, attended, had family attend, or anything of that nature, and in general how the school is looked at by the community I'd greatly appreciate some of the feedback so I'd know what I'd be getting myself into for two years should i decide to go there. 

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I have heard nothing but positive things about JU!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

It's a very good school.  

JU is a wonderful university.  They have excellent academics, a beautiful campus and wonderful programs. I say this as a University of North Florida (their cross town rival) graduate.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

D1 Lacrosse  :pirate:

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Does JU have good grad programs?

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2014, 01:38 AM by archer56.)

Okay that's good I just got my acceptance letter from their and it's between JU and U of M, mostly depending on which school has the better computer sci program. well that and which school the navy says I can go to.  Only thing that bothered me was the price point being 31k a year but i'd only have two years and most of it would be covered between scholarships grants and the navy so. 

Knowing the navy and the program i'm applying for they'll likely pick JU if there's space in their ROTC since it's one of the top in the country.

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]