Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Baldinger: Aaron Murray to have best NFL career of QB class

Quote:just sounds like ur one of those butt hurt from Teddyz lack luster pro day today

Don't care about what happened at the pro day and I don't even know why you're bringing Teddy up since he's irrelevant to the point I was making.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Gatorsnjags is just buttsore STILL over the thrashing TB gave his gators
If that RV sales place wants Tebow in Jax bad enough to take out a billboard saying as much.....they should just HIRE him.

Quote:Gatorsnjags is just buttsore STILL over the thrashing TB gave his gators
lol, we lost to Georgia southern last year. We will be back this year

Quote:If the Jags are going the Seahawks model, Murray in the 3rd or 4th makes plenty of sense. As long as we get our pass rusher first (Clowney or Mack = our version of Bruce Irvin)
Going with the Seahawks model at QB is risky at best. Generally speaking, the sheer amount of overdrafting that happens at the QB position makes a diamond in the rough like Wilson very rare. If Bradwell feel like a QB is on top of their board at three overall, I really hope they wouldn't pass on that player (unless it's Manizel) for a pass rusher.

Quote:I mean I would literally forfeit this years first round pick if it meant Winston next year.
And what happens when Winston gets hurt or doesn't take the next step in his development? What if he winds up looking like a guy who'll be a decent, but not spectacular, NFL QB? There's an old saying about a bird in the hand being worth ten in the bush, and passing up a quarterback because you intend to draft one next year is a good way to get fired.

Quote:I've been posting 1. Bridge 2. Manziel 3. Bortles and 4. Garoppolo (2nd round) for at least a month now. 
How you have Garoppolo ahead of Carr and McCarron is a mystery to me.

As far as Aaron Murray goes, I think his ceiling is along the lines of an Andy Dalton. Not bad, especially if you land him in the third round or later, but nothing about him has that special quality you'd see in a franchise QB. McCarron has a lot more potential, imo. He's not the most physically gifted player, but he has control of his team and, generally, plays smart.

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2014, 04:59 AM by KL1gus.)

Quote:I've been listing him as one of my Jags QB hopefuls all offseason. Albeit as the 2nd QB drafted by us on the third day after we already select a Bridgewater/ Manziel/ Bortles/ Garoppolo. 

If he has a good pro day, his stock will probably rise enough to ruin that plan. 
How can you hate Carr and like Garappolo, they're awfully close as prospects, but Carr's arm is much better.

About Murray where to begin, he's another of these QB that can only be good when they're in rythm and everything is perfect around them, see McCarron. That won't happen in the NFL.

I am honestly quite concerned that so much of our fanbase is eager to accept QB purgatory. I want to make the playoffs and do some damage, not grab a mediocre QB and pray he can 'lead' us to a one and done Dalton/Schaub/Garrard career. That is Murray's ceiling, at best (as well as Garoppolo's and McCarron's...and probably Fales' too).

If we are getting a QB after 3 that has at least some chance of rising above QB purgatory then we should be praying Carr falls to 39 (he won't), or taking Brett Smith or Logan Thomas. 

Quote:I am honestly quite concerned that so much of our fanbase is eager to accept QB purgatory. I want to make the playoffs and do some damage, not grab a mediocre QB and pray he can 'lead' us to a one and done Dalton/Schaub/Garrard career. That is Murray's ceiling, at best (as well as Garoppolo's and McCarron's...and probably Fales' too).

If we are getting a QB after 3 that has at least some chance of rising above QB purgatory then we should be praying Carr falls to 39 (he won't), or taking Brett Smith or Logan Thomas. 
Fales might be the most likely to rise above that status, his anticipation is really good and he is a bit better physically than Dalton.

Quote:Fales might be the most likely to rise above that status, his anticipation is really good and he is a bit better physically than Dalton.
Fales is the hardest QB evaluation for me. Some games I watch and think he should be a first rounder. Unfortunately, too many games he looks like a day 3 guy to me though. I agree he has a chance to which is why I just said probably, but I would rather have Brett Smith in round 3...or Thomas later on like I said (even though I see a lot of people who think Logan is a day 2 lock also, and I don't like him there). 

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2014, 07:19 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:I am honestly quite concerned that so much of our fanbase is eager to accept QB purgatory. I want to make the playoffs and do some damage, not grab a mediocre QB and pray he can 'lead' us to a one and done Dalton/Schaub/Garrard career. That is Murray's ceiling, at best (as well as Garoppolo's and McCarron's...and probably Fales' too).

So let me get this straight, you want to draft Teddy at 3. So u want qb purgatory and u want us to lose an elite prospect at another position. Gotcha

Quote:So let me get this straight, you want to draft Teddy at 3. So u want qb purgatory and u want us to lose an elite prospect at another position. Gotcha
Except that I have graded Teddy as a very good franchise QB prospect. 

Jaguars are drafting one QB only, probably the 3rd, Logan Thomas.  The biggest ceiling of all the QBs. He has what scouts look for, arm strength, speed, height, weight.  He just needs some guidance between the ears. Will sit behind Henne.  If he gets it, Super Bowl bound.  Can't be scared of high risk, high reward players. 

Quote:As far as Aaron Murray goes, I think his ceiling is along the lines of an Andy Dalton. Not bad, especially if you land him in the third round or later, but nothing about him has that special quality you'd see in a franchise QB. McCarron has a lot more potential, imo. He's not the most physically gifted player, but he has control of his team and, generally, plays smart.

I think it less than Andy Dalton. More like what we already have in Henne. Or a Kyle Orton/Matt Moore mediocre starter, career backup.

Murray can run if has too. And if did not get hurt was easily a 1st rounder. I love how people relate franchise qbs to flashy qbs. I want a guy that can win. Against top level competition with out a stacked roster. Such as Sanchez or Tebow had.

And Dungy said Murray was the best last year. And is basically saying it again this year. I dont care what media thinks I would take him providing he is fully healed by training camp at number 3.

And not look back. Or draft a guy like Clowney and move back to First round and grab him. If felt he would last that long. He plays his heart out. Was still at combine. And will have a great proday.

Cause in the real Nfl you dont always play with all your great starters. And he can throw regardless of who is his wr.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Murray can run if has too. And if did not get hurt was easily a 1st rounder.

That is just not true.

I respect Mayock's evaluations, as he watches more tape and has more connections within organizations than I will ever dream of. He does not include Murray in his top 6 QBs. It's not an oversight for him.

Quote:I respect Mayock's evaluations, as he watches more tape and has more connections within organizations than I will ever dream of. He does not include Murray in his top 6 QBs. It's not an oversight for him.
To be fair, he doesn't put in nearly as much time as he did before now that he's busy throughout the season as a commentator.  He still isn't bad at all, but I wouldn't put him as the best evaluator.

If we dont get TB in the first then id be fine with giving Fales or Murray a chance to become the starter.

Murray is a gamer and a leader his intangibles cant be taught. Dude has faced some of the best college defenses on the regular and even in losses he has played well. Most times i've seen him "choke" he has already had one drive to put Georgia ahead late in  the game only to have the defense fold when they need it most putting him back in position to have to play miracle worker again.

My issue with him is the Henne esque decision making. If he can learn to play smarter than i dont question his arm,toughness or athletic ability.

Fales is pretty much the same level just with good decision making but not alot of arm.

Murray has potential ( personal fave of mine) but i think sitting behind a guy like drew brees would do wonders for him long term

Fales n murray are the only qbs i would take late

Quote:Murray can run if has too. And if did not get hurt was easily a 1st rounder. I love how people relate franchise qbs to flashy qbs. I want a guy that can win. Against top level competition with out a stacked roster. Such as Sanchez or Tebow had.

And Dungy said Murray was the best last year. And is basically saying it again this year. I dont care what media thinks I would take him providing he is fully healed by training camp at number 3.

And not look back. Or draft a guy like Clowney and move back to First round and grab him. If felt he would last that long. He plays his heart out. Was still at combine. And will have a great proday.

Cause in the real Nfl you dont always play with all your great starters. And he can throw regardless of who is his wr.

You would take Murray number 3 overall...?