Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Scientists find the first direct evidence of Gravitational Waves

Quote:Stuff like that makes your head explode.  

Ray Kurzweil has a website (he is a futurist) and there is a pretty good forum over there with people talking about things I can't understand, yet I still read it trying to.  I'm so fascinated with future, possibilities, etc..., but damn, that crap is complicated. 

I read A Brief History of Time by Steven Hawking last year.   I had to read some paragraphs three or four times to understand it.   But it was a great book and I'm glad I read it. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think it might validate the theory that our consensus moves through parallel universes on a slope rather then there being duplicate universes with different versions of you.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Subjects like these are both fascinating and unfathomable amongst us cannabis overloaded.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:I read A Brief History of Time by Steven Hawking last year.   I had to read some paragraphs three or four times to understand it.   But it was a great book and I'm glad I read it.
Quote:I read A Brief History of Time by Steven Hawking last year.   I had to read some paragraphs three or four times to understand it.   But it was a great book and I'm glad I read it.

Michio Kaku..... Future of the Mind.

Currently on best sellers list. It's readable, so that you don't think you're deciphering the dead sea scrolls?

Very interesting.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote: 

Things are moving fast. Just read an article about Stephen Hawking. He has lost all movement in his arms and hands. In order to still operate his computer, they put a chip in the arm of his eye glasses and he can manipulate movement, like say a computer mouse, by his thought process that relays it to the chip. 

Theoretical Physicist Kaku ( I believe is his name ) explained it on a tv program...and also in his latest book.

Talks about eventually restoring memory, downloading dreams, etc.....crazy stuff

But... for those who really get into this stuff..Awesome!  So great to know WHAT happened, now could someone please tell me WHY?

<div style="font-size:16px;font-family:HelveticaNeue, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:transparent;">I still can't understand gravitational waves, and all i want to know about it is why things stick together, without a mind bogglingly complicated answer.  Try to wrap your head around this and see what I mean:
http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/Re...ation.html

And what happened 1 second before the Big Bang? Oh I forgot - there was no before the Big Bang because there was no time.

I need a beer

</div>

I'm amazed he is still alive... like wow he's made it a lot longer and done more with his ALS then anyone i've known. Makes me want to fight my CP.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!