Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Top 3 Picks after FA

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2014, 12:40 PM by GreeceMonkE.)

After seeing some of the moves the top three teams have made, or lack there of. Here is my top three draft picks for the 2014 NFL Draft:

1. Texans - Greg Robinson - OT

2. Rams - Sammy Watkins - WR

3. Jaguars - Jadeveon Clowney - DE (or whomever else the staff deems worthy)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

1. Texans - Jadaveon Clowney - DE

2. St. Louis Rams - Greg Robinson - OT

3. Jaguars - Teddy Bridgewater - QB

1. Texans - Teddy

2. Rams Trade Down - Clowney

3. Jaguars - Mack/Watkins/Manziel

There is no scenario where the Rams do not trade down

Bridgewater then trade up slightly for Ford, or Mack then one of the 2nd round QBs is probably what would be best for us. 

The top 3 will be

Texans - Bridgewater

Rams - Trade down someone takes Clowney

Jaguars - Mack

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2014, 01:26 PM by BlueEyedJag.)

Quote:Bridgewater then trade up slightly for Ford, or Mack then one of the 2nd round QBs is probably what would be best for us. 

The top 3 will be

Texans - Bridgewater

Rams - Trade down someone takes Clowney

Jaguars - Mack

While I like Dee Ford a lot there is no reason to trade up for him after the Clemons signing.  If he falls to #39 you can take him but this draft is so deep that a impact player will be @ #39 (hopefully a OG in Gabe Jackson/Sua'Filo) and that 4th/5th rounder(s) used to move up for Ford will most likely make the jags roster.

Most Likely:

Texans - Bridgewater/Bortles

Rams - S. Watkins or Trade down for Clowney

Jaguars - K. Mack or Bridgewater/Clowney if they make it to #3.

Best Case scenario:

Texans - Bortles

Rams - Watkins/Robinson

Jaguars - Clowney/Bridgewater/Mack all on the board...trade Falcons for pick #6 who grab Clowney and take K. Mack

I think Cleveland would take Manziel/Bridgewater and Oakland would take Matthews/Manziel/Bridgewater

Quote:There is no scenario where the Rams do not trade down

Although I think its a 95% chance they trade down, they could easily fall in love with Watkins to see if Bradford can be salvaged.

I don't think that OT will be the pick as they could easily trade down to around #10 and still get Robinson/Matthews.

Sure there is. No one offers them enough draft pick compensation to outweigh the likely loss of Clowney and Robinson.

1. Texans: Bridgewater/Bortles

2. Rams: Clowney

3. Jaguars: Bridgewater (if still on the board)/Mack

1. Bridgewater

2. Watkins

3. Clowney

IDK, if they really like Watkins or Robinson it would be very risky to trade down. They both could be gone after OAK/ATL. Who would they trade down with and why? 

I didn't know you had access to what they're doing.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

It really doesn't change anything at all when you're looking to add the best players available.

Texans could easily pass on QB with the first overall (as they aren't losing Schaub) in order to get much better value later in the draft.  If they don't think Clowney is a "fit" (which is kind of ridiculous, but different strokes for different folks) and they still want to add a pass rusher, then they could go Mack.

Rams still aren't necessarily "fixed" on OL, but they could also go WR.

There's zero pressure for us to reach for a QB, but with as many holes as we have it could be almost anything.  Good place to select BAP.  Watkins, Clowney, Mack, OT, QB... whatever is graded highest.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

1.) Bortles

2.) Clowney

3.) Teddy

I am still waiting for a Center to be signed in FA to believe we are taking a QB. From what I have read the team feels it would be a struggle to have a rookie QB and a rookie Center (either through draft or moving someone to that position full time with little to no experience)

If/when we sign a center during FA then I will believe our choice is QB at #3.

And its probably Teddy then Manziel.