Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Panthers Trade Possible?

So they're trying to get rid of Steve Smith and LaFell. They need a #1 receiver. Could they be a potential trading partner for Watkins?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

And what will they trade?

Huh?  They are way too far down in the draft to trade up with us.

Unfortunately for us, the draft is super deep with WRs, so I doubt they would trade all the way up to 3.

This would only happen if we have traded down multiple times already but Watkins isn't getting past 10 and I don't think they even have enough ammo to get to pick #9/10 even if he did fall that far.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Highly doubt Carolina makes that trade

Quote:So they're trying to get rid of Steve Smith and LaFell. They need a #1 receiver. Could they be a potential trading partner for Watkins?
So to clear some things up, Carolina was trying to get rid of Smith before having to release him to clear cap space to go after other WRs. LaFell was a free agent and the Panthers no longer could trade him. Steve Smith is declining and LaFell became a bum once Smith got hurt. I would rather we just drafted Watkins at that point if we were that concerned about WR. Also, Smith would have cost us too much in cap space over the next three years if we traded for him. I believe after this season he was scheduled to make 9 million dollars a year for his last two seasons.