Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So all teams are passing the QBs in the top 10?

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2014, 05:45 PM by J-Mizzal.)

Thats if you believe everything you read

Sources say Jaguars will pass on QB in 1st round

Vikings GM say they might wait til the 2nd round for a QB

sources say Texans will pass on 1st round QB

Sources say Browns will wait til their 2nd 1st round pick to go QB

I dont believe none of it but if it were true and all the QB's fell we will still lose out on the top QBs, since all those teams are in front of us going into the 2nd round. I think we have the worst QB situation in the NFL we need to get the best QB in this draft, waiting to the 2nd round could be detrimental.  

Houston, Clev twice, TB, Oakland, and St Louis have picks outside of the top 10 before our 2nd round pick, only Minny is behind us, not to mention most of them have a shot at a QB in the top ten after our 1st round pick, we will be pretty much getting leftovers 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2014, 05:53 PM by haveaseat.)

After the Red Bryant signing I'm on board a trillion percent for Mack. Our defense could be beastly next season.

Never know. If all these teams are passing on QBs I'm not sure I'd care a whole lot if they started grabbing them before us in the second. If someone was worth grabbing in the late first then we'd probably just grab them at 3.

Maybe sign Cromartie too? Cromartie, Mack and Bryant? Then add Oline pieces with Garropolo in the 2nd?

I could dig that.

I am getting the feeling that Jimmy G is Gabbert 2.0

so no thanks, I personally feel that Gus and Dave are trying to fool the Raiders/Browns/or anybody from moving up into the second spot.

Adverting a bidding war that could kill us long term

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2014, 07:05 PM by J-Mizzal.)

Quote:I am getting the feeling that Jimmy G is Gabbert 2.0

so no thanks, I personally feel that Gus and Dave are trying to fool the Raiders/Browns/or anybody from moving up into the second spot.

How could he be Gabbert 2.0? He wont be picked in the top ten or even the first round, he has a super quick release something Gabbert doesnt have, he played at a small school, he put up great numbers in college something Gabbert didnt do and he is not as big fast or athletic as Gabbert, he is so far from being Gabbert 2.0 then anybody in this draft 

The thing is he prob wont even be there with our 2nd round pick, the top 6 QBs will prob be gone by the time we pick in the 2nd round which is what scares me and we will be stuck with the scraps 

All 3 will be gone in the top 10.

Quote:After the Red Bryant signing I'm on board a trillion percent for Mack. Our defense could be beastly next season.
you talked me into it

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2014, 07:37 PM by necromaniac.)

How could he be Gabbert 2.0? He wont be picked in the top ten or even the first round, he has a super quick release something Gabbert doesnt have, he played at a small school, he put up great numbers in college something Gabbert didnt do and he is not as big fast or athletic as Gabbert, he is so far from being Gabbert 2.0 then anybody in this draft 

The thing is he prob wont even be there with our 2nd round pick, the top 6 QBs will prob be gone by the time we pick in the 2nd round which is what scares me and we will be stuck with the scraps 

No pocket presence 

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/futures...-dark-dark

"Garoppolo’s pocket presence is similar to Gabbert’s. The Eastern Illinois starter has a bad habit of altering his body position during his release as if an opponent is within a step of delivering a hit that will alter the accuracy of the throw when there isn't a defender within 3-4 yards of him.

Moreover, Garoppolo is more likely to duck his shoulders and drop his eyes from his receivers to brace himself for a hit in situations were top prospects climb the pocket, keep their eyes on their receivers, and maintain a good throwing position. When a quarterback's first inclination is to freeze, brace for a hit, or turn tail from pressure and run well before the pressure arrives, it's a red flag."

Quote:How could he be Gabbert 2.0? He wont be picked in the top ten or even the first round, he has a super quick release something Gabbert doesnt have, he played at a small school, he put up great numbers in college something Gabbert didnt do and he is not as big fast or athletic as Gabbert, he is so far from being Gabbert 2.0 then anybody in this draft 

Yeah, the only thing they have in common is their last names both start with a G.

Quote:Yeah, the only thing they have in common is their last names both start with a G.
See above posting

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2014, 08:28 PM by leopold332002.)

Quote: 

<div>

No pocket presence 

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/futures...-dark-dark

"Garoppolo’s pocket presence is similar to Gabbert’s. The Eastern Illinois starter has a bad habit of altering his body position during his release as if an opponent is within a step of delivering a hit that will alter the accuracy of the throw when there isn't a defender within 3-4 yards of him.

Moreover, Garoppolo is more likely to duck his shoulders and drop his eyes from his receivers to brace himself for a hit in situations were top prospects climb the pocket, keep their eyes on their receivers, and maintain a good throwing position. When a quarterback's first inclination is to freeze, brace for a hit, or turn tail from pressure and run well before the pressure arrives, it's a red flag."

</div>
That's my blaine gabbert they talking about right here in that article and they describe him to the teeth. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:After the Red Bryant signing I'm on board a trillion percent for Mack. Our defense could be beastly next season.
They said the same thing about derrick harvey and Quentin Groves around the 2008 draft so just like the qb's the defensive ends can become bust as well. Get the qb at #3 and i don't understand why people so against that logic especially after what we have suffered from the qb position last few years.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:I am getting the feeling that Jimmy G is Gabbert 2.0

I 100% agree...

60% of the Time...It works everytime...

I do see the Browns taking a QB with their 2nd first rounder as I think Derek Carr would be a fit there for them.  That's where I see him going.  I see Sammy Watkins at 4.  Derek Carr at 26.  Those are my guesses on the Browns.  I think it would have went different had they not changed GMs.

Add Tampa Bay to the list, they say they are going for Vet QB to compete with Glennon

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000...tion-at-qb

Also found this hilarious in the comments section, that would be an all time heist if Caldwell pulled that off

"<a class="" href='https://www.facebook.com/plugins/comments.php?api_key=108273802559405&channel_url=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.ak.facebook.com%2Fconnect%2Fxd_arbiter%2F63KoCqPoniC.js%3Fversion%3D40%23cb%3Df25dfef5d8%26domain%3Dwww.nfl.com%26origin%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.nfl.com%252Ff667f4e94%26relation%3Dparent.parent&href=http%3A%2F%2Fnfl.com%2Fgoto%3Fid%3D0ap2000000332301&locale=en_US&numposts=3&sdk=joey&width=640#'>Gabriel Rivera</a> · <a class="" href='https://www.facebook.com/pages/Host/150658235009916'>Host</a> at <a class="" href='https://www.facebook.com/Carrabbas'>Carrabba's Italian Grill</a>

<div style="color:rgb(26,26,26);margin:0px 28px 5px 0px;">Please trade for Gabbert. Trade a 3rd round pick for him. He is the Bucs answer for veteran help"
</div>

Quote:Thats if you believe everything you read

Sources say Jaguars will pass on QB in 1st round -- I think they would pass on Manziel and Bortles, but I'm having a hard time they would pass on Bridgewater.

Vikings GM say they might wait til the 2nd round for a QB -- There is zero chance they would pass on Bridgewater if he somehow falls that low in the draft.

sources say Texans will pass on 1st round QB -- Maybe.  But John McClain -- and his unyielding love for Manziel -- is so adament that the Texans will go QB in the first round.
  (It's funny how he always put a Manziel reference in any interview he got, even if the conversation has nothing to do with Johnny Football.)

Sources say Browns will wait til their 2nd 1st round pick to go QB -- That makes no sense.  If the top 3 QBs are gone, who would they take with the 20th-something pick?  Murray, Mett, McCarron, and Jimmy G. -- those are first rounders?

I dont believe none of it but if it were true and all the QB's fell we will still lose out on the top QBs, since all those teams are in front of us going into the 2nd round. 

Are they really?  How does the second round order work then? That would suck if all those teams pick before the Jags in the second round

I think we have the worst QB situation in the NFL we need to get the best QB in this draft, waiting to the 2nd round could be detrimental.  Houston, Clev twice, TB, Oakland, and St Louis have picks outside of the top 10 before our 2nd round pick, only Minny is behind us, not to mention most of them have a shot at a QB in the top ten after our 1st round pick, we will be pretty much getting leftovers 

-- That's what I've been saying.  At some point this team will have to draft a QB.  And if what you said is true, that would put even more pressure for Caldwell to consider taking a QB with the 3rd overall pick.