Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why I believe we aren't drafting QB for first round

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2014, 05:39 PM by badger.)

Quote:Henne is just a stop-gap until

[Image: jameis-winston.jpg?w=630]

So you are already in tank mode?

I mean, that is not a bad plan.  Winston is probably the next Manning type prospect.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:So you are already in tank mode?

I mean, that is not a bad plan.  Winston is probably the next Manning type prospect.
The only reason why people bring up Manning's name in the draft is due to the whitewashing of history.

Leaf was universally regarded as the better prospect physically, Manning had him beat mentally.

So I don't get this "Manning type prospect" stuff. 

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2014, 06:03 PM by Markulous.)

Quote:The only reason why people bring up Manning's name in the draft is due to the whitewashing of history.

Leaf was universally regarded as the better prospect physically, Manning had him beat mentally.

So I don't get this "Manning type prospect" stuff.
He was still a good prospect. Luck was the best one in recent history though.

Quote:He was still a good prospect. Luck was the best one in recent history though.
For me Luck has a higher grade than Manning, better physical tools and had all the mental traits as well

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2014, 07:44 AM by Jungle Cat.)

Quote:Henne is just a stop-gap until

[Image: jameis-winston.jpg?w=630]

That could happen, but it's not likely to happen if we take a QB like McCarron this year. The Gabbert deal is OK. If we get Matthews or Lewan and a guard like Dakota Dozier, Gabbert should be OK. Of course, Henne might also be OK.

FSU lost a lot of offensive talent this year. They also lost a lot of defensive talent, too.

I'm sure we'll be able to tell what kind of QB Winston really is next fall.

I still can't believe how awful the Florida Gators are. 

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

Lol....touts McCarron. ...but is gonna see "what kind of QB Winston really is" once all the talent around him is gone....oh the kind of irony only jungle crack can bring.
If that RV sales place wants Tebow in Jax bad enough to take out a billboard saying as much.....they should just HIRE him.

I can't get why some folks think about getting Winston. He is raw, very good, but raw. 

McCarron??? Good god

Quote:That could happen, but it's not likely to happen if we take a QB like McCarron this year. The Gabbert deal is OK. If we get Matthews or Lewan and a guard like Dakota Dozier, Gabbert should be OK. Of course, Henne might also be OK.

FSU lost a lot of offensive talent this year. They also lost a lot of defensive talent, too.

I'm sure we'll be able to tell what kind of QB Winston really is next fall.

I still can't believe how awful the Florida Gators are. 
Eh. They've only lost Shaw and Benjamin and Devonta. They'll still be very very very good offensively. FSU is one of those programs that retools on both sides of the ball.

Quote:I know QB is a big need for this team, but I have always said what we do in FA will show me what we will do in the draft. So I have two reasons why I don't feel we are going QB with our first round pick.

1) Chad Henne signing - I know it wasn't a huge deal but they gave him low end starter money. Henne's deal is only 2 years / $8 million, however, the part to me that is telling is the $4.5 million that is guaranteed for this upcoming season. The reason this is important is reason #2....

2) Blaine Gabbert - You might be thinking, if we draft a guy in round 1, then Gabbert is getting cut. Not so fast. Keep in mind Gabbert's rookie deal was a fully guaranteed contract, and thanks to the previous regime it was a back loaded deal. If we cut Gabbert this year the team will still owe him almost $7.1 million. Also he is getting paid $3.2 million guaranteed this coming season.

With Henne's new deal and Gabberts fully guaranteed contract that is $6.7 million guaranteed to the QB position this year. If we draft a guy at #3 overall, that player will probably get a similar deal to RG3 ($20 - 21 million fully guaranteed) and even it was similar to last year's #3 overall pick (Dion Jordan) that player would still probably get $3.7 million or more paid to them for their first season. 

Assuming Henne starts, with Blaine Gabbert and the rookie QB on the beach, there would be over $11 million dedicated to one position, however, close to $7 million of said position would not even playing. I believe this is why we are hearing that the FO is looking for players in the first round who will make an immediate impact on the field, and wont be sitting on the bench....

But again this is just my opinion of the situation.
They said the same thing about derrick harvey and <span style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:arial, sans-serif;">Quentin Groves around the 2008 draft so just like the qb's the defensive ends can become bust as well. Get the qb at #3 and i don't understand why people so against that logic especially after what we have suffered from the qb position last few years.</span>

[Image: giphy.gif]

Anybody think we will be able to trade Gabbert before the draft?

Go Jaguars! Go Hokies!
;

;
Infamous Out..

No.

Quote:Anybody think we will be able to trade Gabbert before the draft?
No chance. Maybe if he was making a lot less money and it was a conditional pick then with zero risk, maybe not even then though.

1. Because Clowney

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.