Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Darren Sproles set to be release?!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000...ans-saints

I would absolutely love him to be a Jag. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I would love for us to not resign our 28 year old Pro Bowl RB coming off an injury and sign a 30 year old RB coming of an injury

Quote:I would love for us to not resign our 28 year old Pro Bowl RB coming off an injury and sign a 30 year old RB coming of an injury
He's not a work horse RB, he's a catch the ball and make something happen type of guy, what they wish D Rob would be. 

Quote:He's not a work horse RB, he's a catch the ball and make something happen type of guy, what they wish D Rob would be. 
That's even better! Replace our second year player who could possible have some upside with a 30 year old RB coming of an injury who can only decline. Few more these pearls of wisdom and we can rename the team "The Geriatric Cats".

We've already got Justin Forsett, a late twenties guy coming off injury that's already under contract.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Pass

Already got Ace

Quote:Already got Ace
Sorry, but I don't think that should matter. I'm not for or against Sproles, but Ace Sanders wasn't exactly dominant last season. He's young and has promise, but so far he has done nothing to guarantee himself any type of role.

Quote:Sorry, but I don't think that should matter. I'm not for or against Sproles, but Ace Sanders wasn't exactly dominant last season. He's young and has promise, but so far he has done nothing to guarantee himself any type of role.
lol smh. Not sure if you saw last season, but Ace as a rookie was by far our best weapon on offense

Quote:That's even better! Replace our second year player who could possible have some upside with a 30 year old RB coming of an injury who can only decline. Few more these pearls of wisdom and we can rename the team "The Geriatric Cats".
When did I say to cut Robinson? Most teams in the NFL carry 3 backs. 

Quote:lol smh. Not sure if you saw last season, but Ace as a rookie was by far our best weapon on offense
Right, but we were 4-12 so that isn't exactly saying much. Look, I'm an Ace fan (I have his jersey for crying out loud), but to assume he already has a carved out, set in stone role, is ludicrous. He's going to have to earn it. I'd say that goes for most of our players. We were terrible last year. Being the best of a bad bunch is not always a good thing.

Quote:Right, but we were 4-12 so that isn't exactly saying much. Look, I'm an Ace fan (I have his jersey for crying out loud), but to assume he already has a carved out, set in stone role, is ludicrous. He's going to have to earn it. I'd say that goes for most of our players. We were terrible last year. Being the best of a bad bunch is not always a good thing.
We were 5-11 the year that MJD was the best RB in the league. Don't see your point. 

Quote:We were 5-11 the year that MJD was the best RB in the league. Don't see your point. 
I don't see what MJD's 2011, a season where he rushed for over 1600 yards and was arguably the best back in the league, has to do with Ace Sanders' 2013, a season where he accounted for less than 500 yards of offense and wasn't even the best WR on the team.

So we shouldn't consider signing a shifty RB (again, it doesn't have to be Sproles) because we have Ace Sanders', who rushed for a whopping 4 yards last season? On top of that, his receiving totals left something to be desired, especially the lack of YAC. 

I like Ace, and I think he has some potential. However, potential should not be enough to guarantee him any type of role in the offense. If he ends up being our slot receiver and/or a receiving/running threat out of the backfield, that's fine, but he should have to compete and earn it. If you don't understand that, I can't help you.

Quote:I would love for us to not resign our 28 year old Pro Bowl RB coming off an injury and sign a 30 year old RB coming of an injury

I agree with this assessment.  I like to watch Sproles.  His little legs can create some open space in a hurry, but given his age there is no where to go but down.

I'd rather just stick with developing Ace (although he really has nothing to so with it) and D-rob

He fast. Bet he is already packing for Oakland

"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

I wonder what he squats? I'm sitting at 135 and can squat 305. I'm sure he has to have legs built like tree trunks to play in this league.

I'm a fan of Sproles, but he's a risk now and we already have Shoe Lace and Ace for his role. I'd rather see Caldwell bring in Ben Tate and draft an RB.

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2014, 10:14 AM by DragonFury.)

Quote:I'm a fan of Sproles, but he's a risk now and we already have Shoe Lace and Ace for his role. I'd rather see Caldwell bring in Ben Tate and draft an RB.

Agree 100%

I don't think it would be a wise signing.

Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless
;

;