Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Forgive me for my mistaken impression...

but I seem to recall Ketchman always telling us how wonderful the Steelers are in managing the cap, and how we should emulate them in their cap mastery.

However, I am hearing the Steelers are the one team that is over the cap.

How can this be if the Steelers are cap masters?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I guess you could say that it has finally caught up to them. Pretty impressive actually.

Quote:but I seem to recall Ketchman always telling us how wonderful the Steelers are in managing the cap, and how we should emulate them in their cap mastery.

That was the Eagles.

This is what happens when you hold onto older players when you miss on your draft picks.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:but I seem to recall Ketchman always telling us how wonderful the Steelers are in managing the cap, and how we should emulate them in their cap mastery.

I don't recall him gushing over their cap management as much as their willingness to let first contract guys go in free agency, and their ability to re-fill those positions with other young players they drafted or signed UDFA that are able to fill in with no drop off.

They were able to do that in the late 90s and up to the mid 00s, but things have changed.  Where they were good, they've gotten old.  They haven't been able to backfill like they used to.  Instead of keeping competitive after letting guys go, they've held on to some old players that have since dropped off, and haven't been effective in replacing the guys they did let go.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:This is what happens when you hold onto older players when you miss on your draft picks.

Yup.  You said that much more succinctly than I did.

Quote:Yup.  You said that much more succinctly than I did.
Hey pirk, fix your damn avatar.

Quote:Hey pirk, fix your damn avatar.
Reported.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:Reported.

I wanted this to be professional, efficient, adult, cooperative. Not a lot to ask. Alas, your Mr. Tommy did not see it that way... so he won't be joining us for the rest of his life. We can go any way you want it. You can walk out of here or be carried out. But have no illusions. We are in charge. So, decide now, each of you. And please remember: we have left nothing to chance.

Quote:I wanted this to be professional, efficient, adult, cooperative. Not a lot to ask. Alas, your Mr. Tommy did not see it that way... so he won't be joining us for the rest of his life. We can go any way you want it. You can walk out of here or be carried out. But have no illusions. We are in charge. So, decide now, each of you. And please remember: we have left nothing to chance.

Great use of the Hans Gruber quote.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:I wanted this to be professional, efficient, adult, cooperative. Not a lot to ask. Alas, your Mr. Tommy did not see it that way... so he won't be joining us for the rest of his life. We can go any way you want it. You can walk out of here or be carried out. But have no illusions. We are in charge. So, decide now, each of you. And please remember: we have left nothing to chance.

I've been meaning to do that.

I went to change it, image was too big, then backed out the change (or thought I had.)

I'm just too stoopid with this complicated stuff.  Where's the Idiocracy manual for this blasted place anyway?  Did you hide it again?

Quote:I've been meaning to do that.

I went to change it, image was too big, then backed out the change (or thought I had.)

I'm just too stoopid with this complicated stuff.  Where's the Idiocracy manual for this blasted place anyway?  Did you hide it again?
On an interesting note; I can edit your member profile to remove your photo. I didn't, but I'd like you to know that I can. Ninja

Quote:On an interesting note; I can edit your member profile to remove your photo. I didn't, but I'd like you to know that I can. Ninja

Tyrants!  All of you!  oh wait...