Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Michael bennett

Bennett is the guy I have wanted all along for a starting DE in Free Agency.  Thought he would be tagged or re-signed by the Seahawks, but now:

"The odds of Michael Bennett re-signing with Seattle seem to get smaller by the day. According to ESPN.com, the defensive end will be testing the waters of free agency and won't be re-signing with the Seahawks before March 11."

Pass-rush was one of our worst problems the last couple of years, bring in Bennett, and we can either draft Mack/Clowney for a scary pass rush combo, or have the luxury to go with a QB or WR Sammy Watkins in round 1.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Michael Bennett was originally an undrafted free agent. Last year's free agency was disappointing for him, and he chose to sign a one year "prove it" deal for $5m, for the right to be a free agent once again and cash in. He has stated he would love to stay with the Seahawks, but wants to get paid his full free market value. The Seahawks won't match the deal if someone gives him a big deal. In my mind, his market value is near what Cliff Avril received, which was $7m per year. Unfortunately, I get the feeling that Bennett has a much higher figure in mind.

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2014, 12:02 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Dude is a beast.  He is going to free agency.  Go get him Dave.

LOL "beast" is so overused nowadays. 

If by "beast" you mean overrated DE who's never even produced double digit QB sacks in a season even once, then....yeah, I guess he is a beast. 

He'll be paid like a star/ top level at his position (by some team this offseason), although he isn't. The worst kind of signing. 

Quote:Michael Bennett was originally an undrafted free agent. Last year's free agency was disappointing for him, and he chose to sign a one year "prove it" deal for $5m, for the right to be a free agent once again and cash in. He has stated he would love to stay with the Seahawks, but wants to get paid his full free market value. The Seahawks won't match the deal if someone gives him a big deal. In my mind, his market value is near what Cliff Avril received, which was $7m per year. Unfortunately, I get the feeling that Bennett has a much higher figure in mind.

The Seahawks were smart in the kind of deal they signed Bennett for last offseason, and are smart to let him walk now, as they know he isn't close to being worth what he'll command on the market now. 

Quote:The Seahawks were smart in the kind of deal they signed Bennett for last offseason, and are smart to let him walk now, as they know he isn't close to being worth what he'll command on the market now.
what is he worth to u?

How much is Babin making?

I'd give Bennett around the same...
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

Quote:what is he worth to u?

18 MIL over 3 years (6 MIL per), 10 MIL guaranteed. 

Quote:18 MIL over 3 years (6 MIL per), 10 MIL guaranteed.
not gonna happen, hes worth more than that

id give him a 8 mil. 4 year deal and cut Babin

Quote:not gonna happen, hes worth more than that
Then I'd move on and focus on Michael Johnson...
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

I would rather have Everson Griffin, simular enough production at a non-premo price (couple years younger too).

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:I would rather have Everson Griffin, simular enough production at a non-premo price (couple years younger too).

This is who I want, young, crazy athletic, and wont demand a mega-contract.  I think he would flourish at the LEO spot to.

Sign me up for Griffin too.

Quote:Then I'd move on and focus on Michael Johnson...

He would be perfect

Quote:LOL "beast" is so overused nowadays. 

If by "beast" you mean overrated DE who's never even produced double digit QB sacks in a season even once, then....yeah, I guess he is a beast. 

He'll be paid like a star/ top level at his position (by some team this offseason), although he isn't. The worst kind of signing. 

Agree with the "beast" comment, but seriously... do you look at anything outside the fantasy football perspective?

I'd be looking more at his age when deciding what money to throw at him.  He's approached 10 sacks the last couple years but probably hasn't many miles on him (meaning fewer snaps/opportunities until the last couple years, the only seasons he played all 16 games.)

I look at him a lot like Reggie Hayward.  Pay the money, bring him in and you should get the production you expect... but don't change your plans to draft a pass rusher high (and bring more in, too.)  He's not going to solve pass rush alone, nor should he be expected to.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

he will probably want more money

Quote:not gonna happen, hes worth more than that

He's not really worth more than that, but he'll get more than the numbers I listed for what I'd pay him if I were an NFL team. 

He's another who will be massively overpaid. Do not want. 

Quote:I would rather have Everson Griffin, simular enough production at a non-premo price (couple years younger too).

Pending on the price, yes. Again, you're talking about a player who doesn't really produce all that much, so I'd watch what I offered him. 

Its better to just go bargain basement shopping than to pay the above 3 DE's star money when they clearly aren't stars nor really close. 

Quote:Agree with the "beast" comment, but seriously... do you look at anything outside the fantasy football perspective?

I'd be looking more at his age when deciding what money to throw at him.  He's approached 10 sacks the last couple years but probably hasn't many miles on him (meaning fewer snaps/opportunities until the last couple years, the only seasons he played all 16 games.)

I look at him a lot like Reggie Hayward.  Pay the money, bring him in and you should get the production you expect... but don't change your plans to draft a pass rusher high (and bring more in, too.)  He's not going to solve pass rush alone, nor should he be expected to.

I remember Hayward being a bit better. When we signed him, he had already had one or 2 double digit QB sack seasons. He was also only 25 years old at the time of the signing as well. The Jags caught a break because Hayward only reached free agency because at the time the Broncos were changing scheme to a 3-4 IIRC, so they deemed Hayward as a bad fit and they decided to let him walk. 

Quote:I remember Hayward being a bit better. When we signed him, he had already had one or 2 double digit QB sack seasons. He was also only 25 years old at the time of the signing as well. The Jags caught a break because Hayward only reached free agency because at the time the Broncos were changing scheme to a 3-4 IIRC, so they deemed Hayward as a bad fit and they decided to let him walk. 

Really??...  You're splitting hairs between 8, 9.5 and "double digits."

Hayward was let go because he was broken goods after his injury and not nearly as effective.  He got the wrong injury at the wrong time in his career.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Really??...  You're splitting hairs between 8, 9.5 and "double digits."

Hayward was let go because he was broken goods after his injury and not nearly as effective.  He got the wrong injury at the wrong time in his career.

I'm talking about when Hayward was let go by the Broncos, not us. Re-read my post. 

i think michael johnson would be the best fit for the pass rush, but bennett would be good to have too. i think they both would flourish in the system, and yes, theyre gonna get overpaid, thats what happens with free agents every year. and every year the price goes up. go get your baba full of warm milk now. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."