Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Diabetes cure?

From Reuters, there may be a cure for diabetes on the horizon. Video is included in the link.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">"...Researchers in California have turned skin cells in mice into insulin producing beta cells, effectively curing the animals of diabetes
..."

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Wow...that would be awesome for so many people!!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Hope so.  It's been the bane of both sides of my family for decades.

That would be pretty amazing and if someone can make a cure for that, they will be raking in the cash!

Modern Medicine is amazing and scary all at the same time

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Hope so. It's been the bane of both sides of my family for decades.

Same here

Quote:From Reuters, there may be a cure for diabetes on the horizon. Video is included in <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.reuters.com/video/2014/03/05/reuters-tv-researchers-cure-diabetes-in-mice?videoId=288155449&videoChannel=118065'>the link</a>.

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">"...Researchers in California have turned skin cells in mice into insulin producing beta cells, effectively curing the animals of diabetes..."
Thank goodness. My mouse is diabetic.

(It's a joke! Don't get your feathers ruffled. My wife is diabetic.)
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Thank goodness. My mouse is diabetic.

(It's a joke! Don't get your feathers ruffled. My wife is diabetic.)

You married a mouse?!
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:You married a mouse?!
Well. Compared to me. It's funny. I never think about the difference until I see us in pictures together. She's 5'1"....I'm 6'5"....6'9" with my sombrero.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:That would be pretty amazing and if someone can make a cure for that, they will be raking in the cash!

When news spread about Jonas Salk's successful trial of the polio vaccine, Salk was asked who owned the patent for the vaccine. He replied "There is no patent. Could you patent the sun?"

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:You married a mouse?!

Now that there was funny!