Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Broncos to cut Champ Bailey

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...mp-bailey/

According to multiple sources, he is out in Denver..has no plans to retire, but I would say the ship has sailed on what was truly a great career.

Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless
;

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He's 100. 

He was terrible last year, he should have been cut no matter his age/cap number. 

Hall of Famer for sure, but he got abused by Justin Blackmon last year.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

If he were any further over the hill, he'd have to start climbing the next one.

First ballot HOFer.

He's one of the few guys that we have gotten to see locally from high school to college and into NFL. And be dominant at every level. A fantastic career for sure, but he's done.

;

;

Definitely a first ballot.. He was pretty exciting to watch in his prime.. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Did Denver use him strictly as a Corner last season or did they do what Green Bay did with Charles Woodson and essentially make him a Safety? I'd be surprised if they did because that just doesn't seem like Jack's style, but I didn't watch a whole lot of Denver in 2013.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Bailey started at corner most of last year, then was moved into a nickel role late in the season as other players emerged around him. I don't recall seeing him at safety at all last year.

(This post was last modified: 03-06-2014, 03:25 PM by Deacon.)

Quote:Bailey started at corner most of last year, then was moved into a nickel role late in the season as other players emerged around him. I don't recall seeing him at safety at all last year.

Oddly enough, Bailey is open to a switch. Granted, most guys looking for a job tend to be rather open, but I wonder if this will intrigue teams into giving him a closer look.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">"...Bailey intends to keep playing and would consider playing safety to extend his career.

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

<p style="margin-left:40px;">'I just want to see what people will want me to do,' Bailey said. 'My vision is to still play corner, but I'm a little more open-minded about the season I had last year. I'm a corner at heart. If a situation made sense to play safety, then I would consider it.'
"

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Was a great player, did he ever earn a ring? I hate he didn't get one with Denver last year. Sad to see a great players career coming to an end

"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Quote:Hall of Famer for sure, but he got abused by Justin Blackmon last year.

Did he ever!

NFL Network had the nerve to use stock footage of him tackling Blackmon in his highlight clip for the story this morning.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Hes no good anymore at corner, but I think that was cause of injuries more than anything else. Looks like a guy the Pats would pick up for the vet minimum, and Belichek will hide his athletic weakness with scheme. But for most other teams, I don't see the point there as more than a backup.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:First ballot HOFer.

He's one of the few guys that we have gotten to see locally from high school to college and into NFL. And be dominant at every level. A fantastic career for sure, but he's done.
That makes two of us, it was pure high school magic on Friday nights in Folkston.

The biggest fear in Camden is he returns to coach Charlton.

HeadSlap

When they have no time,  they think about it!

When they go down hard, they think about it!

Just watch Peyton, Andrew, Caep even Mr. Bundchen.

I suspect that someone (a contender, probably) will sign him to a one-year contract to see what he's got left. After his playing career, who knows what he does next. I could see him going into coaching.

First ballot Hall of Famer for sure. He had a great career. Sad that he didn't get a ring. Happens to plenty of great players. 

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2014, 12:35 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

I'd love to sign Champ Bailey and Ed Reed just so we could put them in our Ring of Honor.

Quote:I'd love to sign Champ Bailey and Ed Reed just so we could put them in our Ring of Honor.

Huh

[Image: SaKG4.gif]