Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2014 Pro Day Thread

Quote:It is a very good possibility the Texans go QB, and the last thing I am worried about is a team trading up for Bridgewater.  I would be more than happy with Mack or Clowney.  I would also be happy with Watkins, because even if Blackmon does come back I seriously doubt he will get resigned in 2 years.  I think Texans take Bridgewater from all the hype and that is great for us because Rams will probably still go OT and we get Clowney.
Much rather the Texans get Clowney than take Bridgewater in all honesty. Give him Hopkins, Johnson and a solid running game and they could be competing for championships. 

Blackmon will be around, if we didn't want him we would release him already.

As long as the Texans go Clowney, Bortles, or even Manziel. 

We are good

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Much rather the Texans get Clowney than take Bridgewater in all honesty. Give him Hopkins, Johnson and a solid running game and they could be competing for championships. 

Blackmon will be around, if we didn't want him we would release him already.

As long as the Texans go Clowney, Bortles, or even Manziel. 

We are good

nuff said

[Image: stephen-a-smith-laugh.gif]

No sense I see

Quote:Saw that Eagles WR coach went to Ole Miss' pro day. Guessing he went to watch Moncrief. Interesting considering they have Jackson, Cooper. and Maclin all signed. Do the Eagles run 3 WR packages? I was thinking that they liked to run a lot of two tight sets

Maclin is coming off an ACL and signed to a 1 year deal. If he struggles Moncrief would fit in nicely.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote: 

<div>Thought it might be easier if the Pro Day information was in it's own thread.

Here is the Pro Day schedule.

March 3 
Concordia (Minn.)

March 4
Slippery Rock

March 5
Fordham 

March 6
Furman 

March 7
Pittsburg State (Kan.)

March 10 
Grand Valley State 

March 11 
Toledo

March 12
North Dakota State
</div>

Don't mind me. I am just making out Gene Smith's Pro Day itinerary

Quote:Dezmem Southward ran in the 4.3s and had a 42 inch vertical at Wisconsin's pro day. He played SS but he has FS athleticism.

He definitely has some good numbers. Someone to keep an eye on for sure.

;

;

Interesting tidbit I found today: Ryan Mallet threw at Arkansas' Pro Day for the pass catchers. I didn't even know this was legal.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">"...Mallett, a 6-foot-7, 225 pound gunslinger with a first-round arm, is entering the final year of his rookie contract with the Patriots and is a source of frequent trade speculation. He certainly had an audience during Wednesday's Pro Day. According to the Razorbacks' official athletics website, representatives of all 32 teams attended the workout.

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

<p style="margin-left:40px;">...Mallett's performance was described as simply "OK" from a source who attended the workout. Mallett's time in the NFL has not translated into a better build. He remains gangly and looked "weak physically." Despite his less-than-ideal build, Mallett remains a talented thrower. His most impressive passes on the day, according to the source, were deep outs and go routes -- two of the more valued throws in today's NFL
..."

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

I am sure the Pats will try and deal him but I don't know why a team would trade for him. He hasn't shown anything in his time in the league to make us think he can be a franchise guy. I know he has not played much in the regular season but even in camp and the preseason, he has not shown anything.

;

;

Quote:I am sure the Pats will try and deal him but I don't know why a team would trade for him. He hasn't shown anything in his time in the league to make us think he can be a franchise guy. I know he has not played much in the regular season but even in camp and the preseason, he has not shown anything.

The time frame for them trading him is probably during the Draft. If a team gets to camp and starts working with who they have, why trade for Mallet? He'll be on the open market at the end of the year, and it would probably be too difficult to get him up to speed in order for him to be effective.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Surprised no one posted anything about Sammy Watkins' pro day. He didn't run the 40, but he did a scripted workout with Tajh Boyd. I caught a good bit of buzz on twitter about it.

Per Tony Pauline: @TonyPauline: Scouts raving about Sammy Watkins pro-day...one claiming "best pro-day workout I've ever seen from a receiver": http://t.co/1CoWP5b8Zr

And per Ian Rapaport: @RapSheet: Long-time coach at #Clemson’s Pro Day said Sammy Watkins “is just different. Those balls he caught, deep-ball acceleration - unbelievable.”
10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.

Quote: 

Taylor Martinez played quarterback at Nebraska — starting 43 games at the position during four seasons with the Cornhuskers — but might be a man without a position as an NFL draft hopeful.

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;">Martinez (6-foot 1/4, 201 pounds) ran the 40-yard dash in 4.45 and 4.6 seconds. He had a 39-inch vertical jump and 10-foot-9 broad jump. He had a 20-yard short shuttle time of 4.03 seconds and did the three-cone drill in 6.85 seconds. All of those numbers with the exception of the three-cone would have either been the best among quarterbacks or matched the best among quarterbacks at the NFL Scouting Combine.

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;">Martinez worked out as a quarterback, wide receiver and defensive back at Nebraska’s pro day. Some NFL team will have to take a look at Martinez and decide what to do with him because he’s such a gifted athlete.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2014/03/06/taylor-m...hleticism/

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://blogs.nfl.com/2014/03/06/taylor-martinez-displays-exceptional-athleticism/'>http://blogs.nfl.com/2014/03/06/taylor-martinez-displays-exceptional-athleticism/</a>

Sounds like an OW.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Shazier. Wow.

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2...um=twitter

Shazier made some money. I could see him here with our 2nd pick

"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

To do that at 237 was impressive. Alot bigger than I expected.

Quote:Shazier. Wow.

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2...um=twitter

That are some impressive numbers. I doubted he would make it round two anyway. But wow.

;

;

If you watched Shazier play at all, you know he is a first round talent.

Alabama pro day tomorrow, it will be interesting to see how McCarron does

Quote:Alabama pro day tomorrow, it will be interesting to see how McCarron does

Is he supposed to throw? Seems like he has passed on everything (Senior Bowl, combine) and acting like he's a top 5 pick instead of the mid-rounder he really is.

;

;

Quote:Is he supposed to throw? Seems like he has passed on everything (Senior Bowl, combine) and acting like he's a top 5 pick instead of the mid-rounder he really is.
he went to the combine