Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Laamar Houston

Looks like he's headed for FA. Only 26. Could be a good signing for us.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He'd be a great signing.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Why do I always think of a Five Technique, 30 Front Defensive End when I read that name?

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

He would be great. Good all around player who provides a good pass rush from the DE position. If we go with a guy like Van Noy in the second round that would give us some pass rush from the strongside LB position. We wouldn't get a LEO but we could give Branch another year being featured in the role and see how it all shakes out.

Ill take him and Griffin. That would be two great signings.

I am stunned the Raiders are letting him hit free agency. He's probably been their best player the last few years.

;

;

If the Jaguars strike early, it will one of the top OG's and either Houston or Michael Johnson. Houston would be a great signing.

;

;

Quote:Ill take him and Griffin. That would be two great signings.

Would be great, Houston is an awesome player and Griffin could flourish in the LEO role.  I would definitley be on board with these two.

Would love to see him on the Jags and displace Alualu from his starting role. I think Alualu would improve also in a rotational role, with fewer snaps on his knee.

Houston would be a huge, huge upgrade here. He was Oakland's Daryl Smith.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

By Griffin do you mean Everson Griffin from Vikings? I'm on board with that, but I was torched for mentioning him coming here a while ago. Some guys here said he was another Mincey

"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2014, 08:42 PM by trunt87.)

Quote:By Griffin do you mean Everson Griffin from Vikings? I'm on board with that, but I was torched for mentioning him coming here a while ago. Some guys here said he was another Mincey

Yeah. I wanted the Jags to draft him a couple years ago. As for the Mincey comparison, those people have no clue what they are talking about.

Quote:Yeah. I wanted the Jags to draft him a couple years ago. As for the Mincey comparison, those people have no clue what they are talking about.
Griffin is someone i've wanted for awhile. A buddy of mine moved here from Arizona 5 years ago, he played football for Griffin's rival school. Always spoke real highly of him. Then I saw Griffin line up as a Gunner on the punt team. athletic big guy i'd love to see here 

"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Houston is one of those guys that I think could change this defense. If i could only take 3 FAs next week it would be Houston, Mack and Assmough/scwartz. I dont think we get Mack due to transition tag but with todays transaction we need OL in the worst way.

Dwarf tossing available on demand.

I honestly don't think Alualu is as bad as he is made out to be, but he doesn't even scratch the surface to what Houston could bring to our defense. I'd most certainly take the upgrade.

Quote:I honestly don't think Alualu is as bad as he is made out to be, but he doesn't even scratch the surface to what Houston could bring to our defense. I'd most certainly take the upgrade.

Alualu is serviceable, but very upgradeable. I think he would be even more effective in a rotation vs a full time role.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Would love to see him on the Jags and displace Alualu from his starting role. I think Alualu would improve also in a rotational role, with fewer snaps on his knee.

Quote:Alualu is serviceable, but very upgradeable. I think he would be even more effective in a rotation vs a full time role.

I agree with both of you. Get Houston, stick him in Alualu's position and let Alualu rotate in for Houston and Marks until his contract is up.

This would be awesome. I always liked Griffen even back in 2010 before he got drafted by Minnesota. I am totally for getting both of them.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:Alualu is serviceable, but very upgradeable. I think he would be even more effective in a rotation vs a full time role.
Isn't he making quite a bit for that though? I say we release him. Ir is most of his contract dead money anyway?