Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Goodell and Dallas

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2014, 12:41 PM by Haterade.)

Jerry Jones screwed the Cowboys and their cap. Let's increase the cap. Cowboys can't get past .500. Let's expand the playoffs. Jason Garrett is an awful coach. Let's reduce preseason, so coaching is less of a factor. SMH

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

When there's a rule that Owners can't GM their own team, then I'll say he's favoring Dallas.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2014, 12:51 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Jerry Jones could fix all of this mess next season by doing whatever he has to to get Jim Harbaugh in there as head coach and then leaving it alone and not meddling. When Jones hired Jimmy Johnson he knocked that one outta the park. THe then went through basically 2 decades worth of nonsense, other than Parcells. 

Personally, I hope Jones wises up and does trade for/ hire Harbaugh. Keeps him in the AFC away from hurting Jax's road to the SB. 

Jim Rome said it best, " Call the rule what it really is; The Dallas Cowboy Rule. However many spots it takes to get the Cowboys in the play offs, let's make it happen."

"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Quote:Jim Rome said it best, " Call the rule what it really is; The Dallas Cowboy Rule. However many spots it takes to get the Cowboys in the play offs, let's make it happen."

If Jerry Jones wasn't such a pompous (false)-prideful [BLEEP], the Cowboys could have owned their division and won many more SB's since 1992...

As said, if Jerry really wants to see another SB before he's relegated to a box in the ground, he'll do the smart thing after this season and do whatever it takes to get Jim Harbaugh and then let Harbaugh do his thing with no meddling. 

Quote:Jerry Jones could fix all of this mess next season by doing whatever he has to to get Jim Harbaugh in there as head coach and then leaving it alone and not meddling. When Jones hired Jimmy Johnson he knocked that one outta the park. THe then went through basically 2 decades worth of nonsense, other than Parcells. 

Personally, I hope Jones wises up and does trade for/ hire Harbaugh. Keeps him in the AFC away from hurting Jax's road to the SB. 

Well, you could argue Wade Phillips was a decent hire.

Yes, I have problems with him as a coach, but he has won (not championships, but produced playoff teams) pretty much wherever he has been.

But as a general rule, your description fits Jones' coaching hires to a tee.

I think he wants guys he can control and guys who will have a lower media profile than him.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2014, 12:03 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Well, you could argue Wade Phillips was a decent hire.

Yes, I have problems with him as a coach, but he has won (not championships, but produced playoff teams) pretty much wherever he has been.

But as a general rule, your description fits Jones' coaching hires to a tee.

I think he wants guys he can control and guys who will have a lower media profile than him.

I wouldn't call Phillips a good hire because while yes, he might have got some winning seasons out of that team, I don't think any team is/ was ever going to win a Title with that marshmallow as head coach. When you hire a head coach, as an owner you need to ask yourself - do I see this guy as "SB worthy" - "could I see this guy leading a team to a SB Title?"....

Just for a Jags angle into the above - yes I do see Gus Bradley as a guy who at least has the feel/ presence/ command of a coach that could lead a team to a SB. 

You know..it's not that I don't think Jerry Jones is a bad owner..but he reminds me of an old high school coach that won state back in '84. "Heck, I won state in '84, so i'm going to keep doing what i'm doing. My method works!" He had a little success and just refuses to back off and let the guys who know more football run his team. His intentions are great, but he is going to continue to struggle to make the playoffs. Well, actaully nevermind. He should make the playoffs every year now. Personally, I can't wait. I have several friends who are all about the Cowboys, it's fun watching them choke and miss the playoffs and then joke on them. I can't wait to see them choke this away now with more spots available 

"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Quote:Jerry Jones could fix all of this mess next season by doing whatever he has to to get Jim Harbaugh in there as head coach and then leaving it alone and not meddling. When Jones hired Jimmy Johnson he knocked that one outta the park. THe then went through basically 2 decades worth of nonsense, other than Parcells. 

How much influence over personnel does Harbaugh have in San Fran?  

Quote:How much influence over personnel does Harbaugh have in San Fran?  

Not as much as I thought, hence the clashing of the heads out there. Per reports a lot of the strife out there stems from Harbaugh wanting a few players in the draft and (apparently he doesn't ask for many so when he does, he expects to get his wishes) and Baalke from Perfect Strangers said no. 

Harbaugh is basically winning with largely the same roster that previous SF coaches sucked with.