Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Scoreboard upgrade livecam!

Quote:Just to confirm - a great night. Congratulations to all involved, everything went off perfectly.

And the video boards are more than you expect. You think you're prepared, but you're not. The HD factor is almost as impressive as the size.

And the sound was better than I recall from last year. Perhaps that's just me.

I just hope we don't become jaded too quickly and start wondering in 2017 when they're going to do something about the darn things. We Americans tend to be an impatient people.

Yes, I agree on the sound.  It was better.  Really good actually.

We will become jaded.  But Khan is a man with vision.  He is always doing something.  I think Khan understand if you aren't moving forward, then you are in the past.  I think they'll upgrade the club section next.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The resolution of those boards is unbelievable. The pools were filled with children and adults alike and they were having a blast. The friendly was fun to watch. The tribute to Jax with the unveiling video was awesome. The support and ovation for Mr. Khan appeared to have made him slightly emotional and it was wonderful to see and be a part of that event. There simply are not adequate words to describe those boards, they have to be seen to truly take in the awesomeness. This opinion comes from someone that was addicted to the construction cam and thought that I was prepared for the view.

Mr. Khan, thank you. The energy you have brought back to the Jaguars and the city are something that a few short years ago had all but faded. It feels like the early years and we are loving it.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Two posts in here talk about becoming jaded.  I find that as a curious reaction. 

Quote:Two posts in here talk about becoming jaded.  I find that as a curious reaction. 

Well, it is just human nature.  It is a reasonable thought for the future.  Part of why humans keep progressing.  If we didn't become jaded then we may still be riding horses.  

Quote:Well, it is just human nature.  It is a reasonable thought for the future.  Part of why humans keep progressing.  If we didn't become jaded then we may still be riding horses.  

I'm thinking jaded in the sense that 44-inch televisions were once unheard of and thought to be more than anyone would ever need. Now I'm reading about 70-inchers and bigger. And we all seem to think a computer is slow and needs to be replaced immediately if we have to wait an extra second and a half for something to download. We want more, we want better, and we want it now.

I'm sure you're right about Khan. I bet he's got his people working on the next big thing. Can't wait to find out what that might be.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Here is the presentation for those who missed it.   I assume it is OK to post this here now.   The boards are amazing and it I agree that Mr. Kahn appeared to get a little choked up at the reception he received.  THANK YOU SHAD KAHN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?sns=em&v=R5tOFUZj2gg

Quote:I'm thinking jaded in the sense that 44-inch televisions were once unheard of and thought to be more than anyone would ever need. Now I'm reading about 70-inchers and bigger. And we all seem to think a computer is slow and needs to be replaced immediately if we have to wait an extra second and a half for something to download. We want more, we want better, and we want it now.

I'm sure you're right about Khan. I bet he's got his people working on the next big thing. Can't wait to find out what that might be.

The shipyards project is closer than some might imagine....
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:The shipyards project is closer than some might imagine....

That is definitely what it sounds like. And Khan doesn't seem like the type to sit idly by.

The boards are amazing. The resolution is incredible. They delivered.

The lights were not even on most of the evening. The light from all the boards was plenty.

Only complaint, the logo for the Bud Light signage covers a small portion of the bottom of the screens. They should have moved it down or just left the logo off, and just had the Bud Light text.

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Quote: 

Only complaint, the logo for the Bud Light signage covers a small portion of the bottom of the screens. They should have moved it down or just left the logo off, and just had the Bud Light text.
You know I was going back and forth with that as well. But I think overall I like it the way it is. I do see how some would find it annoying or not pleasing to the eye. I do think after time you'll grow into it.

Quote:The boards are amazing. The resolution is incredible. They delivered.

The lights were not even on most of the evening. The light from all the boards was plenty.

I noticed the Bud Light logo early on and I agree, it is a little irritating. I just assume I'll get used to them quickly and not even notice them after a short while.

I liked the comment in Oesher's Q&A column for today - the new video boards are so sharp that you can see the faded seats. Perhaps they will be the next cosmetic change we'll see. 

Quote:The shipyards project is closer than some might imagine....

Agreed... I too feel that the ship yard project is the next step of KHANervation...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Agreed... I too feel that the ship yard project is the next step of KHANervation...

NH3...

Must be nice to be da man.  Most of us are happy to have a house to create as our own.  Some have a plot of land.  Khan has a major city.  Not bad for a poor immigrant.

[Image: Btz14BUCQAEZCDf.jpg]

King will give us some national play on this.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:[Image: Btz14BUCQAEZCDf.jpg]

King will give us some national play on this.

He's already posted the photo in a tweet earlier today. He's impressed.