Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fantasy Baseball 2014, Anyone Interested?

I'd talk trash about beating TMD in last week's head to head, but being slightly better than 10th place takes the sting out of any burn.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'd talk trash about beating TMD in last week's head to head, but being slightly better than 10th place takes the sting out of any burn.

Hey ya beat me, no excuses. I had chances. 

If I'm not mistaken, the lead changed after every day, or nearly so.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Ohhhhhh, so now I just lost Jose Fernandez to injury, possibly for the year??......lol.....

truly uncanny. 

Doesn't matter what the sport, year after year, no matter who I draft....my stars suffer more injuries than anyone. 

Lets see....

Harper out until July

Fernandez....done?

Cingrani.....DL

Belt.....DL

Pineda......DL.....had to drop

...and we're only 6 weeks in. 

My team hits like champs one week, and does nothing the next.  Starting to make me very mad. 

Quote:Ohhhhhh, so now I just lost Jose Fernandez to injury, possibly for the year??......lol.....

truly uncanny. 

Doesn't matter what the sport, year after year, no matter who I draft....my stars suffer more injuries than anyone. 

Lets see....

Harper out until July

Fernandez....done?

Cingrani.....DL

Belt.....DL

You're incredible.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

(This post was last modified: 05-22-2014, 04:40 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Ohhhhhh, so now I just lost Jose Fernandez to injury, possibly for the year??......lol.....

truly uncanny. 

Lets see....

Harper out until July

Fernandez....done?

Cingrani.....DL

Belt.....DL

LOL....now Fielder possibly done for the year....

But...thats right, Trav....act like I'm so off base with my claiming I perennially get more major injuries to my top talent every year/ any fantasy sport....

Fielder, Harper and Hernandez are my top 3 picks. 

I also forgot I lost Chapman for over a month, too (April to mid May). as well as Calhoun and Profar. So add them to the above list. 

9 of my players, most of them top players, that missed significant time, or are out for the year. 

Quote:LOL....now Fielder possibly done for the year....

But...thats right, Trav....act like I'm so off base with my claiming I perennially get more major injuries to my top talent every year/ any fantasy sport....

I also forgot I lost Chapman for over a month, too (April to mid May). as well as Calhoun and Profar. So add them to the above list. 

9 of my players, most of them top players, that missed significant time, or are out for the year. 
I have had plenty of injuries this year, enough to send anyone reeling. It's part of the game. For someone who claims to understand sports, I am not sure how that is lost on you.

;

(This post was last modified: 05-22-2014, 09:47 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I have had plenty of injuries this year, enough to send anyone reeling. It's part of the game. For someone who claims to understand sports, I am not sure how that is lost on you.

Um, go back and look at my injury list up there compared to yours. 

As said I lost my TOP THREE draft choices!!! , in addition to 6 other quality players. 

No one is saying that injuries aren't a fact of life in fantasy sports.....but the degree of injuries that I get to my top players no less, year after year in every fantasy sport, is flat out uncanny. 

My penchant for getting injuries is so bad that I usually refrain from selecting Jaguars players on purpose in fantasy football for that very reason! 

You're right. Poor pity you.
;

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2014, 12:49 PM by The Mad Dog.)

truly uncanny. 

Lets see....

Harper out until July

Fernandez....done?

Cingrani.....DL

Belt.....DL

Quote:LOL....now Fielder possibly done for the year....

....LOL.....now Wil Myers.....another top 10 draft choice of mine.....gone. Flat out uncanny. :confused: Its never the fringe players for me, too....its always the ones that are supposed to be big producers that I lose to injury, en masse. 

but but but....

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2014, 03:12 PM by hailtoyourvictor.)

FWIW, in my 12 team big money league roto league that I'm leading.....

C Brian McCann

1B Freddie Freeman

2B Jason Kipnis

3B David Wright

SS Alexei Ramirez

LF Nelson Cruz

CF Adam Jones

RF Michael Cuddyer

UT Victor Martinez

Bench: Daniel Murphy (2B), Allen Craig (1B/LF/RF), Lonnie Chisenhall (3B), Curtis Granderson (RF/CF), Alcides Escobar (SS)

SP: Max Scherzer, Felix Hernandez, Scott Kazmir, Dallas Keuchel, Gerrit Cole, Mat Latos [DL]

RP: Greg Holland, Glen Perkins, Trevor Rosenthal, Ernesto Frieri, Josh Fields Nate Jones [DL]

Alexei Ramirez and Victor Martinez have been absolute steals for me. I'm also great at finding gems on the Waiver Wire (Scott Kazmir, Dallas Keuchel). I have 8 players in ESPNs Top 50 on the Player Rater and that doesn't even count Adam Jones, Max Scherzer, or David Wright.

In other words, you guys don't want me in your league next year :pirate:

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2014, 03:18 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:FWIW, in my 12 team big money league roto league that I'm leading.....

C Brian McCann

1B Freddie Freeman

2B Jason Kipnis

3B David Wright

SS Alexei Ramirez

LF Nelson Cruz

CF Adam Jones

RF Michael Cuddyer

UT Victor Martinez

Bench: Daniel Murphy (2B), Allen Craig (1B/LF/RF), Lonnie Chisenhall (3B), Curtis Granderson (RF/CF), Alcides Escobar (SS)

SP: Max Scherzer, Felix Hernandez, Scott Kazmir, Dallas Keuchel, Gerrit Cole, Mat Latos [DL]

RP: Greg Holland, Glen Perkins, Trevor Rosenthal, Ernesto Frieri, Josh Fields Nate Jones [DL]

Alexei Ramirez and Victor Martinez have been absolute steals for me. I'm also great at finding gems on the Waiver Wire (Scott Kazmir, Dallas Keuchel). I have 8 players in ESPNs Top 50 on the Player Rater and that doesn't even count Adam Jones, Max Scherzer, or David Wright.

In other words, you guys don't want me in your league next year :pirate:

I wouldn't call Victor Martinez a "steal" he's pretty good anyway. 

Now Alexei Ramirez, yeah....I don't know where this season is coming from in regards to him. He's never been more than mediocre in the past. 

I'd also say Nelson Cruz has been an absolute steal for you as well, unless you somehow you expected a 60 HR, 150 RBI pace from Cruz, in which case I'll call you a liar. 

Oh, and lol.....please, join any league here. I'll kick your [BLEEP]. You don't have more knowledge than I do, even though I know you think you do. 

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2014, 04:09 PM by TravC59.)

Quote:Oh, and lol.....please, join any league here. I'll kick your [BAD WORD REMOVED]. You don't have more knowledge than I do, even though I know you think you do. 
I want to visit that fantasy world you live in.

;

Quote:I want to visit that fantasy world you live in.

I've had the best teams in every league I've been in with you, so I have no idea where you come off with that stuff. 

Quote:I've had the best teams in every league I've been in with you, so I have no idea where you come off with that stuff. 
Really? I seemed to have beat you head to head in the playoffs in our latest league we were in together and placing higher.

;

Quote:Really? I seemed to have beat you head to head in the playoffs in our latest league we were in together and placing higher.

I had the best record and most points of the entire league. 

You were the owner of a team that had a 6 game losing streak and won a fluke game in the playoffs vs me based on luck and you were subsequently bounced the following week. 

But keep telling yourself you had the better team based off of what essentially amounts to a coin flip. 

Quote:I had the best record and most points of the entire league. 

You were the owner of a team that had a 6 game losing streak and won a fluke game in the playoffs vs me based on luck and you were subsequently bounced the following week. 

But keep telling yourself you had the better team based off of what essentially amounts to a coin flip. 
Three games head to head. 2 wins for me, 1 for you. Congrats Mr. Knowledge.

;

Quote:Three games head to head. 2 wins for me, 1 for you. Congrats Mr. Knowledge.

You beating me 2x last year was like the Titans beating the Jags in the 1999 playoffs. The Jags had the better team/ roster that season, but the Titans kept lucking out head to head. 

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2014, 06:57 PM by hailtoyourvictor.)

Quote:I wouldn't call Victor Martinez a "steal" he's pretty good anyway. 

Now Alexei Ramirez, yeah....I don't know where this season is coming from in regards to him. He's never been more than mediocre in the past. 

I'd also say Nelson Cruz has been an absolute steal for you as well, unless you somehow you expected a 60 HR, 150 RBI pace from Cruz, in which case I'll call you a liar. 

Oh, and lol.....please, join any league here. I'll kick your [BAD WORD REMOVED]. You don't have more knowledge than I do, even though I know you think you do. 

I just traded for Nelson Cruz two weeks ago because I didn't see his production slowing down. I don't usually like to "buy high" but I needed a LF and think Cruz will continue his tear. That's why I didn't consider it a steal.

Victor Martinez is most definitely a steal. Victor Martinez had an Average Draft Position of 155. In 2013, he hit 14 HRs. In 2011, he hit 12 HRs. He already has 13 HRs this season and is leading the AL in batting average.

He is putting up 2nd round numbers and I got him for 12th round value. I'd say that's a steal.