Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fantasy Baseball 2014, Anyone Interested?

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2014, 09:35 PM by TravC59.)

Quote:You beating me 2x last year was like the Titans beating the Jags in the 1999 playoffs. The Jags had the better team/ roster that season, but the Titans kept lucking out head to head. 
Your win was the fluke. Winning two of three is hardly a fluke.

Plain and simple, I owned you.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Your win was the fluke. Winning two of three is hardly a fluke.

Plain and simple, I owned you.

"simple" being the operative word of your deduction here. 

Unless you're just trolling me. I mean it was clear my roster was better all around. Just because it happened to crap the bed in 2 of our games means little. You judge over time, not over a 2 game span that you got lucky in. 

Quote:"simple" being the operative word of your deduction here. 

Unless you're just trolling me. I mean it was clear my roster was better all around. Just because it happened to crap the bed in 2 of our games means little. You judge over time, not over a 2 game span that you got lucky in. 
No trolling. I was better then you. deal with it, and spin how you wish. The final standings speak for themselves.5th I think for you. Title game for me.

;

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2014, 11:08 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:No trolling. I was better then you. deal with it, and spin how you wish. The final standings speak for themselves.5th I think for you. Title game for me.

Lets see, even after the playoffs, I STILL had the best record and most points in the league, despite not advancing in the playoffs....but, somehow, according to you, your team was better than mine.....lol

You did beat me on those two weeks.....but your team/ roster was not better than mine. Time proved that out. 

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2014, 12:26 PM by TravC59.)

Quote:Lets see, even after the playoffs, I STILL had the best record and most points in the league, despite not advancing in the playoffs....but, somehow, according to you, your team was better than mine.....lol

You did beat me on those two weeks.....but your team/ roster was not better than mine. Time proved that out. 
How did that league, and any fantasy league for the most part figure out the winner, the champion, the best? My roster was most assuredly better than yours. 2-1.

edit: Owned.

;

King of The Sour Grapes
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2014, 12:41 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Harper 

Fernandez (done)

Belt

Fielder (done)

Chapman

Myers

Robertson

have all missed significant time, or will be....

Three of those are my top 3 picks. 

and yet I'm still in 2nd place. 

Future league Champ B)

I'd love to see how some of you would have fared with that kinda adversity. 

....and handed the hottest player in baseball on a silver platter. So don't tell me your luck is all bad.

One of the biggest bonehead maneuvers I've ever seen.

Quote:....and handed the hottest player in baseball on a silver platter. So don't tell me your luck is all bad.

You thought he'd mention something like that? Come on Mr. Cabesa, you know better then that.

;

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2014, 01:56 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:....and handed the hottest player in baseball on a silver platter. So don't tell me your luck is all bad.

OK if you want to play that game, well me getting Encarnacion cancels out me losing Cecil Fielder. As they are/ were pretty much expected to be similar producing players. 

So, we're still talking about the other 6 top players that have missed time or are done for the year.  

Boo hoo.

Quote:Boo hoo.
+1

;

Quote:OK if you want to play that game, well me getting Encarnacion cancels out me losing Cecil Fielder. As they are/ were pretty much expected to be similar producing players. 

So, we're still talking about the other 6 top players that have missed time or are done for the year.  
Wallbash

Quote: Wallbash

Prince Fielder....

Don't know why I keep calling him Cecil.

Quote:Prince Fielder....

Don't know why I keep calling him Cecil.
I do. It happens often I think with quite a few people.

;

(This post was last modified: 06-09-2014, 11:08 PM by hailtoyourvictor.)

Quote:FWIW, in my 12 team big money league roto league that I'm leading.....

C Brian McCann

1B Freddie Freeman

2B Jason Kipnis

3B David Wright

SS Alexei Ramirez

LF Nelson Cruz

CF Adam Jones

RF Michael Cuddyer

UT Victor Martinez

Bench: Daniel Murphy (2B), Allen Craig (1B/LF/RF), Lonnie Chisenhall (3B), Curtis Granderson (RF/CF), Alcides Escobar (SS)

SP: Max Scherzer, Felix Hernandez, Scott Kazmir, Dallas Keuchel, Gerrit Cole, Mat Latos [DL]

RP: Greg Holland, Glen Perkins, Trevor Rosenthal, Ernesto Frieri, Josh Fields Nate Jones [DL]

Alexei Ramirez and Victor Martinez have been absolute steals for me. I'm also great at finding gems on the Waiver Wire (Scott Kazmir, Dallas Keuchel). I have 8 players in ESPNs Top 50 on the Player Rater and that doesn't even count Adam Jones, Max Scherzer, or David Wright.

In other words, you guys don't want me in your league next year :pirate:

Wow. I only had 6 guys play today and they are a combined 13/24 with 9 runs, 5 HRs, 16 RBIs and 1 steal. Thank you Lonnie Chisenhall.

Quote:Wow. I only had 6 guys play today and they are a combined 13/24 with 9 runs, 5 HRs, 16 RBIs and 1 steal. Thank you Lonnie Chisenhall.

That Chisenhall game was ridiculous. It almost matched the epic Shawn Green game from about a decade ago. 

Quote:That Chisenhall game was ridiculous. It almost matched the epic Shawn Green game from about a decade ago. 

I was watching his last at bat. I was just thinking to myself "A Sac Fly here gets him 7 RBIs for the night!" trying not to be too greedy. Then BOOMBAH! I tried selling high on him a week ago and the other owner wouldn't bite. He text me seconds after that 3rd HR. :turned:

Polanco being called up! Finally!

;

Quote:Polanco being called up! Finally!

Did you see him get kicked in the head by the fan going after a ball?  He just grazed him, but it was funny.