Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Coach of the Year candidates

Who do you think deserves the award?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...dui-arrest

If Oakland wins the AFC Best, I think Jack Del Rio is the no-brainer pick.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Who do you think deserves the award?

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000756927/article/cardinals-cut-michael-floyd-after-dui-arrest'>http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000756927/article/cardinals-cut-michael-floyd-after-dui-arrest</a>

If Oakland wins the AFC Best, I think Jack Del Rio is the no-brainer pick.

Andy Reid would be my pick.

Quote:Andy Reid would be my pick.

I have nothing against Andy Reid but he made a good team better.  A couple other coaches on that list are employed by perennial losers.

Looking forward to what D6 says about Jim Caldwell.

Quote:I have nothing against Andy Reid but he made a good team better. A couple other coaches on that list are employed by perennial losers.

Looking forward to what D6 says about Jim Caldwell.

Tons of injuries though too. Justin Houston and Charles injured most of the year.

Gus Bradley

Quote:Tons of injuries though too. Justin Houston and Charles injured most of the year.

Charles was never healthy. He played hurt.

It seems hard to believe, but with a little help Kansas City can clinch the top seed. That could seal it up for Reid.

Quote:Charles was never healthy. He played hurt.

It seems hard to believe, but with a little help Kansas City can clinch the top seed. That could seal it up for Reid.

Depending on how the last few games go they can either get the #1 or miss the playoffs completely.

Quote:Depending on how the last few games go they can either get the #1 or miss the playoffs completely.

How often do teams with 10+ wins miss the playoffs? Kansas City is 10-3 and owns the HTH tiebreaker with Oakland. The only AFC team with a better record is New England (yuck).

Because of JDR I would rather see the Raiders clinch it.

Quote:How often do teams with 10+ wins miss the playoffs?
Surprisingly often.

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2016, 10:28 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

That article is outdated. The Jets and Steelers went 10-6 last year and missed out.

Seeing only two 11-5 teams on the list confirms there is almost no chance Kansas City will miss the playoffs.

Gus Bradley.  Truly the man has done enough to put the Jags on the right path for the future.  (Namely by getting rid of him)

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Giving the nod to Andy Reid here. He's leading the best team in the AFC West and he's owned OAK twice and DEN once already. If they beat DEN again I think it's a no brainer for him to get the nod for sure. It's not like Alex Smith is Tom Brady or Derek Carr this year in terms of statistics. And regardless of Charles' past with injuries and being out this year, the fact still remains, when he's healthy he's still considered a top five RB in the NFL. So that still hurts. And not having Justin Houston until just last week or so was also a huge blow to their defense. Andy's a good coach. I know he never won the big one but I'd take him in a heart beat if he ever came back up on the market. He just finds ways to make it work. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:Giving the nod to Andy Reid here. He's leading the best team in the AFC West and he's owned OAK twice and DEN once already. If they beat DEN again I think it's a no brainer for him to get the nod for sure. It's not like Alex Smith is Tom Brady or Derek Carr this year in terms of statistics. And regardless of Charles' past with injuries and being out this year, the fact still remains, when he's healthy he's still considered a top five RB in the NFL. So that still hurts. And not having Justin Houston until just last week or so was also a huge blow to their defense. Andy's a good coach. I know he never won the big one but I'd take him in a heart beat if he ever came back up on the market. He just finds ways to make it work. 

Kansas City might need Denver to beat Oakland depending on what else happens.

Tamba Hali and Dee Ford were also out with injuries for a while. Now Derrick Johnson is done for the year.

Andy Reid led the Eagles to five straight NFC championship games and won one. That is impressive. But I can't remember Philadelphia ever being #1 in the NFC.