Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rumor is Demarcus Ware might get cut

Quote:I for one am an opposing AFCS fan that is very much in agreement that the Jaguars should continue to attempt to get younger every year, every year. Smile

It's been an awesome plan. :woot:

One day, we'll find a quarterback and the whole plan will come together. You'll see! You'll all see!

Of course, we'll all be wearing moon suits by then, but whatever.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:No.

Quote:Maybe you can elaborate? Is he not better than any pass rusher we have?

Just want to jump in here and hope that Bon Jagley would do a better job next time in providing a response that allows for discussion initially, instead of getting goaded into it.

These types of "No" or "Dumb Thread" responses are lame and provide no true opportunity to discuss football.  A one word response is very TMD, and thus highly trollish.

If you have a strong opinion, explain it.  If you think the thread is silly, don't comment.  I do that many times...

Now to the topic:

If Ware get's cut, why not try to pick him up?  He's still a strong rusher with a great work ethic.  He would be a free agent at that point so we could get him at value. It wouldn't hurt anything, and could possibly help our defensive productivity in the short run for very little long term investment.

A cut veteran isn't going to demand a high priced long term deal.  And Ware is no diva.

It seems like a good play.  Weather he accepts our offer or not isn't up to us.  But to play small town ball and not throw him an offer is a very Weaver thing to do.  You get the best talent at the best value.  The only way to do that is to offer the talent what you think their value is, and then see where the chips fall...

Quote:Ware is going to Seattle if he gets cut. He is a cheaper solution than resigning Bennett probably will be.

That's just my 2 cents though.

Don't think we'll be interested in Ware, but I could see us sign Jarred Allen with our Vikings connections, lol.

Quote:...

If Ware get's cut, why not try to pick him up?  He's still a strong rusher with a great work ethic.  He would be a free agent at that point so we could get him at value. It wouldn't hurt anything, and could possibly help our defensive productivity in the short run for very little long term investment.

A cut veteran isn't going to demand a high priced long term deal.  And Ware is no diva.

It seems like a good play.  Weather he accepts our offer or not isn't up to us.  But to play small town ball and not throw him an offer is a very Weaver thing to do.  You get the best talent at the best value.  The only way to do that is to offer the talent what you think their value is, and then see where the chips fall...

I agree with this. If Ware hits the market, you've got to at least kick the tires on him for no other reason than due diligence.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

I say no.   He may be a short term fix to get us maybe one more win next year, but what's the point of that?   He'll be taking up a roster spot that could go to a young developmental player.   Plus, by the time we become contenders, he'll be way over the hill and we'll just have to replace him.  

I say no.  It'd be a waste of time, money, and a roster spot.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Of course you perform due diligence but the odds of Ware wanting to come here are slim to none anyway so it doesn't matter.  He's at the stage where he's going to want to go to more of a contender.  

It's true! It's true!

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Man at the pass rushers for teams that are close

Peppers, Ware, Allen, Woodley etc.