Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The British are coming

Quote: 

http://www.bbcamerica.com/mind-the-gap/2...-you-dont/

I found this link which seems to explain most situations.

Thanks, I feel that explains it really well.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I assume you like bars.

If you like live music try Burro Bar, 1904 Music Hall, or Underbelly. These are all downtown in the district known as The Elbow. There is also Dos Gatos, which was named in the top 10 bars in Florida by the Guardian magazine. They have great cocktails.

In Riverside, try Kickbacks (great late night food, beer selection), Birdies or Raindogs. There are also local breweries like Intuition and Bold City in Riverside that have tasty craft beers. There is another called Aardwolf in San Marco that is very good.

My favorite place to eat is next to Burro Bar and it's called Chomp Chomp. It may not look like much but their food is second to none, especially if you're into creative sandwiches made with fresh ingredients.
I agree with all of the above.  ^^

(my drinking/dining  suggestions earlier were tailored to proximity of the the Crowne Plaza Hotel - those above are reasonable cab distance and all great)

Quote:I appreciate the creative title of this thread lol. 

Smile was hoping someone would like that

My rule of thumb is if someone is bringing me something I'm putting in my mouth, they're getting a tip.  Especially if I'll be a returning customer.  If the service is good I tip 20%.

Quote: 

If you're planning an extended trip (3+ days of tourism),

I personally am planning on a week (7 nights), most likely wednessday to wednessday so that the game is in the middle of my visit, others from my group will want to stay a different length depending on cost and their budgets.

I thought your post was really helpful thanks, some good gems of advice. Thank you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'd love to make the trip!

Great, come! The more Brits on our pilgrimage to Everbank the better. Includeing you we are up to 5 but I want double figures by the time the trip takes place. I see you are from Manchester so you would be welcome to stay in my spare bedroom the night before our flight out if that helps.

Much fuller details of the trip are on the NFL UK forum, see link in my opening post.