Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Colts Hire Chudzinski as Assistant to Pagano

It's comical....all of the Jags fans worrying about Luck.

Their argument?  Well....we've been beaten by better.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Schaub has too

Yup...

And? I haven't used the Pro Bowl as a measuring stick, lastonealive did for some reason.

I didn't even start this "Pro Bowl" thing... not sure why lastonealive is bringing the Pro Bowl up.

Quote:It's comical....all of the Jags fans worrying about Luck.

Their argument?  Well....we've been beaten by better.

It's called jealousy... Jags haven't had anything good happen to them since 2007. They won't admit it, but they know it.

While the Colts have been good the past 10+ years (with only 1 down year).

Its so cute how colts fans need constant validation and reassurance that their team and players are good.    They will all jump back off the bandwagon when the team declines.  LOL  Cute little trolls.

Jealous?  No.  I lived in Indy long enough to know that while there are some things in my life worth being jealous of, colts fans are not even remotely close to being on that list.

Quote:Its so cute how colts fans need constant validation and reassurance that their team and players are good.    They will all jump back off the bandwagon when the team declines.  LOL  Cute little trolls.

Jealous?  No.  I lived in Indy long enough to know that while there are some things in my life worth being jealous of, colts fans are not even remotely close to being on that list.

Told you, you wouldn't admit it. That's fine, we all know it.

If I was going to bandwagon (I've been a Colts fan my whole life...) I would be a Seahawks fan right now... Isn't that how it works?

It's not that we need constant validation that the team or players are good. Their record over the past decade proves it.

I can see the argument from the Jags perspective, that the "Andrew Luck is the greatest" point of view is being overblown by ESPN and other media outlets. However, the argument that he isn't good or is just average is not accurate, in my opinion. I agree that he's not elite.

The problem that we have is that the elite QBs, Manning, Brady, Rodgers, and Brees have had numerous years in the league. We are comparing Luck to them after only two seasons and saying "see, I told you he doesn't compare." Of course he wouldn't. But he actually has better numbers than Manning did in his first and second year.

Consider this: Bruce Arians has coached Manning, Big Ben, and Luck in their rookie years. He stated that he's never seen such an NFL ready prospect and that Luck was able to run the no huddle offense, which he implemented with Manning in year two and three. He said Luck is actually ahead of those guys in the mental aspect of the game. We can also clearly see how physically gifted that Luck is. The future looks bright for the Colts, it would appear.

Quote:It's called jealousy... Jags haven't had anything good happen to them since 2007. They won't admit it, but they know it.

C'mon, Coltswarriors.

We've dealt with Manning for years now. We're used to a very good Colts QB. No one cares about Luck being good, or not. 

Luck is not as good as his reputation. He's an average-to-above average QB. He has his moments where he's special. He may very well be a HoF QB because he has the ability, but he's no where close to a top-QB right now. 

Quote:Schaub has too

And Garrard. Clearly doesn't count if you are a replacement.

Quote:C'mon, Coltswarriors.

We've dealt with Manning for years now. We're used to a very good Colts QB. No one cares about Luck being good, or not. 

Umm, the division & the AFC will...

Better get use to it.

Quote:It's called jealousy... Jags haven't had anything good happen to them since 2007. They won't admit it, but they know it.

Some teams are incredibly lucky and some teams aren't.

The Jaguars are the Browns of the AFC South.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:Some teams are incredibly lucky and some teams aren't.

The Jaguars are the Browns of the AFC South.
Not true at all. Jags have been pretty poor since 08 but are in no way like the Browns

How in God's name is this thread still going?!?!

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Hopefully the Jaguars will get it's act together and have team chemistry to get to the next level. It is about chemistry and getting on the right track.

Quote:Told you, you wouldn't admit it. That's fine, we all know it.

If I was going to bandwagon (I've been a Colts fan my whole life...) I would be a Seahawks fan right now... Isn't that how it works?

That must make you about 16.  Along with 90% of the other folks who claim that they have "been a colts fan my whole life" who jumped solidly on the bandwagon in 98.   Again?  Jealous?  of Hoosiers?  Uh.. no.

Quote:That must make you about 16.  Along with 90% of the other folks who claim that they have "been a colts fan my whole life" who jumped solidly on the bandwagon in 98.   Again?  Jealous?  of Hoosiers?  Uh.. no.

Nope, not 16.

Yup, jealous of Colts fans. Don't blame you, I'd be pretty bitter to if I were a Jags fan.

Quote:Nope, not 16.

Yup, jealous of Colts fans. Don't blame you, I'd be pretty bitter to if I were a Jags fan.

I am. I don't need to act otherwise. Personally I don't see how more Jags fans aren't, given what we've had to endure the past 14 years and now seeing the Colts and Texans endure 1 measly lousy season and both likely getting set up for success for many years because of it. Its seems not fair to me...but its the way it is....so. 

The Colts getting Chudzinski to me falls in line with that other post I made regarding certain teams just catching all the breaks. The Colts never should have been in a position to have a coach as good as Chudzinski fall into their laps. Why on earth the Dallas Cowboys didn't jump all over this when he became available, rather than a bum like Linehan, I'll never understand. 

Next year I'm betting Pep Hamilton will have the playcalling duties removed/ or fired, and Chud will take over as the full time OC. 

The Rich get richer. 

http://youtu.be/xtaA2SO_4oA

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:I am. I don't need to act otherwise. Personally I don't see how more Jags fans aren't, given what we've had to endure the past 14 years and now seeing the Colts and Texans endure 1 measly lousy season and both likely getting set up for success for many years because of it. Its seems not fair to me...but its the way it is....so. 

The Colts getting Chudzinski to me falls in line with that other post I made regarding certain teams just catching all the breaks. The Colts never should have been in a position to have a coach as good as Chudzinski fall into their laps. Why on earth the Dallas Cowboys didn't jump all over this when he became available, rather than a bum like Linehan, I'll never understand. 

Next year I'm betting Pep Hamilton will have the playcalling duties removed/ or fired, and Chud will take over as the full time OC. 

The Rich get richer. 

If Chudzinski is as good as you say, why wouldn't he get an offer from another team to be a head coach?  Not this year, I mean.  But next year.  Or the year after that.

Honestly I don't think he's that good.  He didn't do a great job in Cleveland as their OC, and he didn't do a great job in Carolina.  Maybe he is good -- and if he is, I suspect he'll be able to go a bit higher than OC in Indy.  Honestly though... I don't think Pagano is that good of a coach.  I think Arians is much better, and I don't think Chud is nearly as good as Arians.  Maybe the Colts will be a little better with Chud.  But I don't think it'll be what tips the scales.  And given that they don't have a 1st round pick (Well they DO, it just happens to be Trent Richardson) this year... I think it may take them a while to build up to 'greatness'.  

We should be less worried about what other teams do, and more worried about what we do.  Because the failures of the Jags the last so many years... are because of what the Jags couldn't do, not what other teams did.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:If Chudzinski is as good as you say, why wouldn't he get an offer from another team to be a head coach?  Not this year, I mean.  But next year.  Or the year after that.

Honestly I don't think he's that good.  He didn't do a great job in Cleveland as their OC, and he didn't do a great job in Carolina.  Maybe he is good -- and if he is, I suspect he'll be able to go a bit higher than OC in Indy.  Honestly though... I don't think Pagano is that good of a coach.  I think Arians is much better, and I don't think Chud is nearly as good as Arians.  Maybe the Colts will be a little better with Chud.  But I don't think it'll be what tips the scales.  And given that they don't have a 1st round pick (Well they DO, it just happens to be Trent Richardson) this year... I think it may take them a while to build up to 'greatness'.  

We should be less worried about what other teams do, and more worried about what we do.  Because the failures of the Jags the last so many years... are because of what the Jags couldn't do, not what other teams did.

Maybe I'm still living in the past, but I keep remembering Chud making Derek Anderson look like an all pro.....yes <b><i>Derek Anderson!!!!</i></b>

And this year in Cleveland, he had a big role in the development of Jordan Cameron and Josh Gordon, Both had ridiculous seasons. I think Chud indeed is very good, and that the Colts will be better off with him than without. 

Regarding your last line, I get the sentiment, however, I don't agree totally. The Jags could make all the right moves and could still struggle because of division/ schedule environment. Very rarely does a team post great records or SB level seasons when they are stuck with a hard schedule or within a hard division environment. Yes, there are a few examples of it happening, but those aren't the norm.....and they certainly aren't the norm for teams in the Jags position trying to come of age. 

We are very jealous here.

in the last couple of years Indy have:

Downgraded QB

Downgraded GM

Downgraded HC

Jealousy has long since gone