Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Colts Hire Chudzinski as Assistant to Pagano

Quote:We are very jealous here.

in the last couple of years Indy have:

Downgraded QB

Downgraded GM

Downgraded HC

Jealousy has long since gone

You are living in a dream world.

Kerry Collins/Curits Painter/Dan Orlovsky > Andrew Luck ??????

Jim Caldwell > Chuck Pagano ???????

Chris Polian > Ryan Grigson ???????

You're off on all of those, sorry.

-I'm not a huge Pagano fan (I think he's an average HC) but Caldwell was a horrendous head coach.  Always had the deer in head lights look, terrible clock management, etc.

-Chris/Bill Polian were TERRIBLE their last couple years here. Go look at the draft/free agency (or lack of). Absolutely terrible.

When you start making ridiculous comments you're not helping the fact that you're "not jealous".

Also, welcome back TMD. Smile

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think its obvious I'm talking Manning and Dungy.

Quote:We are very jealous here.

in the last couple of years Indy have:

Downgraded QB

Downgraded GM

Downgraded HC

Jealousy has long since gone

http://nflshop.frgimages.com/FFImage/thu....jpg&w=400

Quote:Nope, not 16.

Yup, jealous of Colts fans. Don't blame you, I'd be pretty bitter to if I were a Jags fan.

LOL.  I'm glad you believe that.  You seem to need to. 

Quote:Maybe I'm still living in the past, but I keep remembering Chud making Derek Anderson look like an all pro.....yes <b><i>Derek Anderson!!!!</i></b>

And this year in Cleveland, he had a big role in the development of Jordan Cameron and Josh Gordon, Both had ridiculous seasons. I think Chud indeed is very good, and that the Colts will be better off with him than without. 

Regarding your last line, I get the sentiment, however, I don't agree totally. The Jags could make all the right moves and could still struggle because of division/ schedule environment. Very rarely does a team post great records or SB level seasons when they are stuck with a hard schedule or within a hard division environment. Yes, there are a few examples of it happening, but those aren't the norm.....and they certainly aren't the norm for teams in the Jags position trying to come of age. 

He made Derek Anderson look good for one year.  Heck, it's not like Koetter didn't make Garrard look good for one year

Again, if he's really that good, he'll be in a HC position in a year or two anyway.  Either way, I don't think he's as good as Bruce Arians was, and neither is Pagano.

You can't control what your opponents do.  Only what you do.  If the Colts hired Mike Mularkey as their head coach tomorrow after firing Pagano, and took the same OC and DC we had here in Jacksonville... the Jags wouldn't be in much better position.  We'd have a better chance at the playoffs.  But unless we actually built a team, we would go nowhere.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:He made Derek Anderson look good for one year.  Heck, it's not like Koetter didn't make Garrard look good for one year

Again, if he's really that good, he'll be in a HC position in a year or two anyway.  Either way, I don't think he's as good as Bruce Arians was, and neither is Pagano.

You can't control what your opponents do.  Only what you do.  If the Colts hired Mike Mularkey as their head coach tomorrow after firing Pagano, and took the same OC and DC we had here in Jacksonville... the Jags wouldn't be in much better position.  We'd have a better chance at the playoffs.  But unless we actually built a team, we would go nowhere.

Well.....I still think Dirk Koetter is a damn good OC in this league, so...that point kinda falls on deaf ears to me.  I was never one of the people that wanted him gone from here, or one who thought Koetter was the problem here.

I also disagree with the comment about being a head coach soon again. The Peter Principle concept has come up many times on this board and I myself have given plenty of examples of coaches who are excellent in certain capacities, but less effective as the head guy.  I see Chudzinski as being an OC for awhile (either after Hamilton loses the gig, or after some other team hires Chud for that position)

I also put more weight than you do on point number 3 that you make. If that exact scenario unfolded like you suggest, the Jags would have a LOT better chance for succeeding this upcoming season. Obviously they'd have to also do their part in making the correct moves themselves, but I put more importance on the surrounding environment and how it also factors into the equation. Put it this way, if the Jags play Houston and Indy really tough, yet still lose tight games because of a play here or a call there....that makes the job tougher in succeeding weeks to try and build momentum - players aren't robots - and they tend to have emotional ebbs and flows. Success does breed success, and if the Jags were having more wins vs the divisional opponents, it indeed would make further winning easier. Environment plays a bigger part than I believe you are giving credit for. 

Chud has nothing to do with the Peter principle though.  He's not been HC long enough for anyone to determine if he's HC material or not.  Especially not with a GM worth two cents.  If he has success in Indy, I could certainly see him being picked up as a HC within 2 years.  It's not like he was a total failure in Cleveland as HC.

Quote:Chud has nothing to do with the Peter principle though.  He's not been HC long enough for anyone to determine if he's HC material or not.  Especially not with a GM worth two cents.  If he has success in Indy, I could certainly see him being picked up as a HC within 2 years.  It's not like he was a total failure in Cleveland as HC.

Fair point that the hasty exodus in Cleveland wasn't all his fault. I still didn't see much from him that made me think he'd be destined for greatness in the HC capacity. As a team they did not seem to get better as the season went on, more like the opposite. However, there were significant individual accomplishments/ and youn player development that I believe has Chud's fingerprints all over. I do think he is better wuited for OC than HC, and will be in the Coordinator role for a good while longer now. Just my opinion. 

Quote: 

And this year in Cleveland, he had a big role in the development of Jordan Cameron and Josh Gordon, Both had ridiculous seasons. I think Chud indeed is very good, and that the Colts will be better off with him than without. 

Unfounded assumption. 

Quote:Fair point that the hasty exodus in Cleveland wasn't all his fault. I still didn't see much from him that made me think he'd be destined for greatness in the HC capacity. As a team they did not seem to get better as the season went on, more like the opposite. However, there were significant individual accomplishments/ and youn player development that I believe has Chud's fingerprints all over. I do think he is better wuited for OC than HC, and will be in the Coordinator role for a good while longer now. Just my opinion. 

Well, I'm not talking about bringing him here as HC.  I'm talking about another team taking a flier on him.  I could see it happening.  Stranger things have happened.  Like Mularkey and Mangini getting a second chance.

Quote:LOL.  I'm glad you believe that.  You seem to need to. 

Still ringing to the same tune, huh?

That's alright. We all know.

Quote:Still ringing to the same tune, huh?

That's alright. We all know.
LOL!!!    If you continue to need more validation or perhaps would like others to join in on your self gratification, might I suggest you find a forum somewhere that has the words colts.com or maybe just colts in the URL?  I assume you will likely find many of your fellow bandwaggoners there who would be happy to hump your leg and drool about your QB.  

Quote:LOL!!!    If you continue to need more validation or perhaps would like others to join in on your self gratification, might I suggest you find a forum somewhere that has the words colts.com or maybe just colts in the URL?  I assume you will likely find many of your fellow bandwaggoners there who would be happy to hump your leg and drool about your QB.  

Wow, you are one bitter little Jag aren't you?

Maybe someday you'll experience the success the Colts have had. Maybe.

LOL!   Whatever man.

Enough of this foolishness, it isn't worth any more time.  

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Quote:LOL!   Whatever man.

Enough of this foolishness, it isn't worth any more time.  

Enjoy the rest of your day.

You too!

Smile