Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Happy Birthday D6!

Quote:Happy Birthday!

Hope you have a good one.  I know birthdays are a lot less fun after 21.  

Thanks,  The Eleventh Doctor!   

Believe me,  I agree with you from a physical and mental standpoint!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Happy Birthday David! I hope you have a great day.

Thank you very much, 86!

Happy birthday D6 hope you enjoy the year man! here's to 2014 being better then 2013 for all of us!

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2014, 01:01 AM by D6.)

Quote:Happy birthday D6 hope you enjoy the year man! here's to 2014 being better then 2013 for all of us!

Thank you very much, Eric! 

I hope 2014 is indeed a better year than 2013.  With the best yet to come!

I had 7 guys with 0 on 22, fielding 1's in every position and 5 grade A's in the bullpen and got knocked out in the first round. For starters, I had 2 x12s with no Zs then a 7 and a 5. Lost to a weak hitting, high walking team with 2 A starters. I couldn't get to my bullpen much and didn't hit.

Good pitching always stops good hitting.

Anyway, Happy Birthday again.

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Quote:I had 7 guys with 0 on 22, fielding 1's in every position and 5 grade A's in the bullpen and got knocked out in the first round. For starters, I had 2 x12s with no Zs then a 7 and a 5. Lost to a weak hitting, high walking team with 2 A starters. I couldn't get to my bullpen much and didn't hit.

Good pitching always stops good hitting.

Anyway, Happy Birthday again.

Thanks.

While I agree that good pitching provides a huge advantage,   I have seen over the years both in APBA and MLB itself that unexpected results often happen in a short series.    Unfortunately for Braves fans,  they have been on the receiving end of this far too often,  despite being a tremendous regular season franchise in the last 24 years or so. 

In my league,  in the last 4 seasons,  the team with the best record,  which gets an automatic bye to the Finals as we use Soccer Style playoffs,  lost in the Finals 3 out of the last 4 seasons.   There were different reasons for this happening.   But the common theme,  not only in this time frame but in many other seasons as well,  is the best team often doesn't end up winning the Championship.    All you can do is try your best to put yourself in the best possible position for the playoffs,  manage each playoff game to the best of your ability,  and then hope that the dice rolls are favorable.  

The type of team you had in 2013 has won Championships.  Unfortunately,  you didn't get the necessary breaks.  Hopefully,  this season will have a better end result for you.    The last 3 seasons,  I reached the finals in my league.   I lost the first 2 times.   The team I lost with in 2012 won 103 games.   In 2013,  the team I won the Championship with only won 92 games and was the 4th and final playoff team in a 12 team league.   Unlike the 2012 team,  that only had to win 1 playoff series,  which it failed to do,  the 2013 team had to win 3 playoff series.    The 2013 team had to pitch 3 CZ's if the series went 7 games.  The finals did end up going 7 games..  Yet,  fortunately,  this time around,   the opposition's dice rolls got cold at the right time.

Quote:Happy Birthday to one of the most respected posters here. Hopefuley  you get some great Lions gear.  I would love to see the first catbowl be jags vs lions  it would  be a good game.

There has already been a first cat bowl, but it is called the KItten Bowl and did not have a team called the Jaguars. The winning team was orange and orange/white kittens called the Lions.

Happy birthday to one of my favorite posters!

To one of the most knowledgeable posters on here, I know im late but I just wanted to say Happy Belated Birthday D6!

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Who?

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">