Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is it sad..

That for the past few years I've been more excited about the draft than the actual season?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

You have a long time to get excited for September. After all draft picks sign contracts and we bring in a few UDFAs, you will look forward to Week 1.

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2014, 07:54 PM by Swaguars.)

Quote:You have a long time to get excited for September. After all draft picks sign contracts and we bring in a few UDFAs, you will look forward to Week 1.
Yeah but even last year I was much more excited for the draft than I was for week 1, it could have been because I knew Gabbert was the starter tho. I assume if we get a new QB I will feel differently. 

Quote:Yeah but even last year I was much more excited for the draft than I was for week 1, it could have been because I knew Gabbert was the starter tho. I assume if we get a new QB I will feel differently. 

You also did not know how good Gus Bradley was going to be.

Considering how Caldwell appears to be a bit more adept at drafting talent - it's nice to be excited about the draft instead of apprehensive of how we might blow a high pick! 

Quote:You also did not know how good Gus Bradley was going to be.
True I feel really good about Gus. 

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2014, 08:06 PM by trunt87.)

It's even sadder to think that this team is still rebuilding and they have had a top 10 pick every year since 2008.  

Personally I get excited for the season because you never know what is going to happen.  But the draft is almost as exciting. 

Quote:Considering how Caldwell appears to be a bit more adept at drafting talent - it's nice to be excited about the draft instead of apprehensive of how we might blow a high pick! 

Good point, although Gene Smith's first pick was the right guy.

However, I am apprehensive again this year because the Browns are in the perfect position to leapfrog us and have the picks to do it.

There's no denying that's it's been both sad and bleak around here for way too many seasons.

Hopefully the Jags have passed their saddest/bleakest point and are headed back into a more competitive direction.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2014, 11:51 PM by lastonealive.)

Quote:It's even sadder to think that this team is still rebuilding and they have had a top 10 pick every year since 2008.  

Personally I get excited for the season because you never know what is going to happen.  But the draft is almost as exciting. 
To be fair, in 2008 we were picking in the 20's but traded up and in 2011 we were 16 and traded up.

I know Espn like to include these to make us sound really bad.

Quote:To be fair, in 2008 we were picking in the 20's but traded up and in 2011 we were 16 and traded up.

I know Espn like to include these to make us sound really bad.

And in 2010 we won a coin toss for the #10 pick.