Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***OFFICIAL Denver Broncos vs Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl 2nd Half Discussion Thread***

Quote:I think Manziel embraces contact more. We don't need a QB afraid of contact (Gabbert), but we don't need a QB that jeopardizes his health instead of sliding or getting out of bounds

I agree he can't do that in the nfl he will need to adjust in that area and don't get me wrong I like teddy but I just see an opportunity to establish something the Seahawks have right now in a mobile playmaking qb and a bruiser with mjd.
"Get Better Everyday"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I wanted Denver to win, but I'm not sad that Seattle won. It's one of those games that I had to come up with a reason to root for either team...so I went with Manning getting another SB ring. I am happy that Elway and Mincey didn't get squat though!! Big Grin

Yesss.  Slacker goes home a loser.

So Seattle got Wilson.  Psssh.  We got Anger.  So there!

Quote:16 points on D and special teams which correlates to only 27 on offense. Seahawks just beat the bricks off the broncos that's all that needs to be said.

I know 16 points were by the defense. But look at the long clock-eating drives that kept Denver's offense off the field. The Seahawks did not score 27 points on post routes.

Quote:Yesss. Slacker goes home a loser.

Is he stil a slacker in Denver? Terrance Knighton was a slacker in Jacksonville, but is now the best defensive lineman there. Maybe the slacker attitude was just not wanting to play for Gus Bradley.

Quote:Is he stil a slacker in Denver? Terrance Knighton was a slacker in Jacksonville, but is now the best defensive lineman there. Maybe the slacker attitude was just not wanting to play for Gus Bradley.

Knighton wasn't a slacker here.  He just had weight problems.

Quote:LOL JW Denver got completely destroyed.

It reminded me of our home game against the Vikings several years ago when Brad Meester did not realize David Garrard was in the shotgun and snapped it short. That fumble for a score set it up to be a blowout loss. Same thing happened here - bad snap on the first play, defense scores, team never recovers. Of course I was not laughing.

Quote:Knighton wasn't a slacker here.  He just had weight problems.

That seemed to be what people were saying about him in other threads.

Was Mincey #57?

Quote:That seemed to be what people were saying about him in other threads.

Was Mincey #57?

For the Broncos, yes. 

Quote:It reminded me of our home game against the Vikings several years ago when Brad Meester did not realize David Garrard was in the shotgun and snapped it short. That fumble for a score set it up to be a blowout loss. Same thing happened here - bad snap on the first play, defense scores, team never recovers. Of course I was not laughing.

The first play was bad, without a doubt. But, I hardly think it was what setup the blowout. Denver's defense held up pretty well early, holding the Seahawks to a couple FGs. The blowout started occurring when Denver's offense couldn't do anything against that defense (big hits, lots of pressure, forcing terrible picks by Manning). Seattle's defense/ lack of Denver's offense set the table for a blowout in the first half. Seattle's defense had more points than their offense for a long time, then Seattle's offense started to take over also.

Manning and the Broncos offense were completely outmatched. That's what set-up the blowout.

Quote:The entire Bronco's team was outplayed in all phases. Of course people will blame Manning, but the entire team played absolutely awful. One player can't make a difference on that.

Need to stop excusing Manning.  Yes, his team imploded and he was being pressured.  But our team played the Seahawks with a rougher o-line, Chad Henne under center, and worse receivers (Blackmon was out, so it was Cecil, a rookie Sanders and waiver claim Burton).  Chad Henne still got us to 17 points.

When you realize that Peyton got less done than Henne, you really can't excuse it away as "but his team let him down".  Peyton choked along with the rest of them.  It was painful to watch.

Quote:Need to stop excusing Manning.  Yes, his team imploded and he was being pressured.  But our team played the Seahawks with a rougher o-line, Chad Henne under center, and worse receivers (Blackmon was out, so it was Cecil, a rookie Sanders and waiver claim Burton).  Chad Henne still got us to 17 points.

When you realize that Peyton got less done than Henne, you really can't excuse it away as "but his team let him down".  Peyton choked along with the rest of them.  It was painful to watch.

Manny Ramirez took the blame for the botched snap. He said he thought he heard Peyton Manning because of the crowd noise and should not have snapped it.

Someone told my mom the offensive line let Manning down. He can't run like Russell Wilson, so if Denver's offensive line is outplayed by another team's defensive line he is dead meat. But I thought that was just good defense by the Seahawks.

Our team also played at Seattle.

I called it!!!!!!!!!!!!

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"