Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fulham Update - merged

Quote:Reverberation.

Regurgitation.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Regurgitation.

Very apropos in this thread.

Reconciliation...

NH3...
"AZANE"

The one word thread is over on another page... :whistling:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:I don't really hate soccer. I respect its longstanding worldly tradition. I do think American soccer fans for the most part are poseurs, however....especially the younger fans that just latch on because they think its hip to do so and can claim it as "theirs".

I was actually casually rooting for Fulham to do well enough to avoid relegation, (just because Khan's association with them) so just goes to show how much you assume and are wrong.

I have to acknowledge the correct usage and spelling of the word "poseur" in this post. Fine work! That word needs to make a comeback.

US soccer fans are a mixed bag, but I actually know a good number of them who I would consider legit.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:I don't really hate soccer. I respect its longstanding worldly tradition. I do think American soccer fans for the most part are poseurs, however....especially the younger fans that just latch on because they think its hip to do so and can claim it as "theirs". 

Make sure to tune into to ESPN the first weekend of June to see what tens of thousands of poseurs at Everbank Field looks like.

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2014, 10:32 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Make sure to tune into to ESPN the first weekend of June to see what tens of thousands of poseurs at Everbank Field looks like.

Volume doesn't mean the bulk aren't poseurs. Never underestimate the "sheep-like" quality of a large portion of America's youth. There probably are some "genuine"  though. Few, but they're there, I'll admit. 

Poseurs!!!!

Quote:Volume doesn't mean the bulk aren't poseurs. Never underestimate the "sheep-like" quality of a large portion of America's youth. There probably are some "genuine"  though. Few, but they're there, I'll admit. 

Youth? You act as if most of them will be middle school kids. Most of them wlll be people in their 20's and 30's.

Quote:Youth? You act as if most of them will be middle school kids. Most of them wlll be people in their 20's and 30's.
When you're old enough to have changed Tutankhamun's diapers 20 year olds become youth.

Quote:When you're old enough to have changed Tutankhamun's diapers 20 year olds become youth.

lol, apparently.

At some point in his life, somebody hurt him. My guess is it was a group of soccer playing youths.

per rotoworld: 

Hugo Rodallega - F - Fulham

Hugo Rodallega scored a late goal to help Fulham beat Aston Villa 2-1 at Villa Park.

This was Rodallega's first goal in 15 months and it was an important one as the win takes Fulham out of last place and gives them a sliver of hope in avoiding relegation. Fulham now finds themselves only five points away from Norwich City and they are hoping to make the relegation race interesting in the following weeks. The other Fulham goal came from Kieran Richardson. Lewis Holtby had a good game and capped it off with an assist for the winning goal. He should be considered in fantasy in the coming weeks.

well at least they have a chance....

Thanks, poseur.

:whistling:

I saw that the schedule for the team that is in the spot Fulham needs, Norwich,  and it is beast of a schedule to close out the year.  While most of Fulham's schedule is in the bottom half of the standings. I hope they can pull it off because I have enjoyed following a team in the Premier League!

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2014, 06:36 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Except I'm not a poseur, because I don't pretend to be something I'm not. I'm merely a casual fan taking an interest in Fulham's proceedings because of Khan's association with them.  I'm not latching on to soccer because its hip and trendy to do so, like a certain other demographic does. 

Huge win for Fulham over the weekend. Nice to see them out of the basement. The schedule actually sets up decently for them. If they can stave off relegation, that would be huge.

;

;

They are going to get relegated down.

It's going to be a double whammy to Shad once the Jags get relegated down to the SEC

Quote:They are going to get relegated down.

It's going to be a double whammy to Shad once the Jags get relegated down to the SEC

Laughing Laughing 

Quote:Thanks, poseur.

:whistling:
Ya think?  This is the same OP who has regularly ripped soccer.  Suddenly he cares about it? 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]