Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fulham Update - merged

Quote:Just realized Norwich at 2 points ahead plays the current #1, #2, #5, and #7 in the standings. Its actually very possible they go winless. I thought for sure Fulham would get relegated, but now it seams there's a real possibility they don't.
Only problem is Cardiff might be able to leap ahead of Fulham leaving Fulham in the 3rd to last spot.  Their schedule is favorable as well.  Hope Fulham can pull it out.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think Fulham will get 4 points from their remaining games, 1 against Hull and then need 3 points on the final game of the season.

Can't see Norwich getting any points.

Cardiff as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Sunderland are the only threat as they have 2 games in hand but haven't been great all season!

I'm kinda pulling for Fulham stay in the EPL. I'm a City fan though so my attention is elsewhere. 

@Dom_Brown_

;

;
"When the grass is cut, the snakes will show"
;
(Lyric by Jay-Z)

(This post was last modified: 04-15-2014, 12:27 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I'm kinda pulling for Fulham stay in the EPL. I'm a City fan though so my attention is elsewhere. 

I thought your "Dom Brown" twitter in your sig was the Phillies outfielder. 

Where have you been? 

Quote:You are the only one. Try hitting Ctrl + 0 te reset your browser's font size.

Or, if your mouse has a scroll wheel, holding down the CTRL key while scrolling will change the font size.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Pull your monitor closer to your face.

I must clarify.  The font was only small on the ONE post, not the entire page (even the quoted text was normal sized), and I only see it on my Nexus 7 when running Chrome.   I think it has something to do with it being the first post on the page.  No biggie though.

So to recap, I tried moving the screen closer to my face but then the rest of the text got too big.

Quote:I thought your "Dom Brown" twitter in your sig was the Phillies outfielder. 

Where have you been? 
I took my talents to Twitter long ago. Just passing through...

@Dom_Brown_

;

;
"When the grass is cut, the snakes will show"
;
(Lyric by Jay-Z)

Quote:I must clarify.  The font was only small on the ONE post, not the entire page (even the quoted text was normal sized), and I only see it on my Nexus 7 when running Chrome.   I think it has something to do with it being the first post on the page.  No biggie though.

So to recap, I tried moving the screen closer to my face but then the rest of the text got too big.

(sigh) Are you ever happy?

Quote:I took my talents to Twitter long ago. Just passing through...

Twitter sucks you can only post a couple lines at a time

Quote:Twitter sucks you can only post a couple lines at a time

Hint, hint.

I like this relegation business.  It keeps you interested in your crappy team's otherwise sorry season.

Threadkiller

Quote:I like this relegation business.  It keeps you interested in your crappy team's otherwise sorry season.

Yea, the only weakness would possibly be teams stuck in the middle, safe from relegation, but not a championship contender either.  I'm not really sure the dynamics of a full season since I'm new to this, but at some point a team will be mathematically eliminated from both relegation and championship.  With the current standings, I think the teams from 6 to 10  in the standings fit this category.  So I'm guessing mediocrity is just as lame in the Premier League as it is in NFL.  Except there is no draft to screw up by being mediocre.

Quote:Yea, the only weakness would possibly be teams stuck in the middle, safe from relegation, but not a championship contender either.  I'm not really sure the dynamics of a full season since I'm new to this, but at some point a team will be mathematically eliminated from both relegation and championship.
  With the current standings, I think the teams from 6 to 10  in the standings fit this category.  So I'm guessing mediocrity is just as lame in the Premier League as it is in NFL.  Except there is no draft to screw up by being mediocre.

This reminds me of the time when I was taking my Mechatronics Final Exam in College; the professor - who was a Grade A buttwipe by the way - handed out a piece of paper that showed you how many points you needed to get a Final Grade. In other words, for the 100 point Final, you may have needed 118 points to get an 'A' and -12 points to get a 'C'. These values are shockingly similar to the ones on my particular sheet.

What that meant was that if I aced that exam and got every single problem correct, I was going to get a 'B'. If I completely blew the exam and got nothing correct, I was going to get a 'B'.

I wonder how many questions were on that test...

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Fulham lost to the Spurs 3-1

To be honest I thought they would probably lose to Spurs, but they can still stay up if they win their home games.

Biggest problem might be Sunderland and Cardiff picking up points too...

Wonder what happens if they DO go down though.  Will Khan lose interest if they drop down to the Championship, or pump in even more money in an attempt to bounce straight back ?

Quote:To be honest I thought they would probably lose to Spurs, but they can still stay up if they win their home games.

Biggest problem might be Sunderland and Cardiff picking up points too...

Wonder what happens if they DO go down though. Will Khan lose interest if they drop down to the Championship, or pump in even more money in an attempt to bounce straight back ?

I don't think it's in Khan's DNA to give up so easily. He sees this as a challenge. If Fulham is relegated I foresee him redoubling his efforts to build a winning Premier team.

Fulham coming to Jacksonville July 26 to play D.C. United from MLS.  Wonder if they're still a Premier League team by them.  They are pretty much in the same position as last week.  But now they gotta win 2/3 or at least 1/3 to stay up. 

The first game with the new scoreboards

Fulham blew a 2-0 lead and settled for a tie.

A real kick in the stomach and could keep them of out the EPL.

Had to have been torture for Khan to watch that.

;

;