Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fulham Update - merged

The good news is that teams relegated from the premier league get a 'parachute payment' to help them adjust to relegation and very few suffer two relegations in a row ( like Wolve).. Having said that, there are plenty of teams who fail to bounce back at the first attempt and end up staying in the championship for a while.

So best case scenario, Fulham get promoted next season (and I think they will) but if they stay too long I wonder if Shad might lose interest...

Not that I really care, my team (Bristol City) are stuck in league one and would love to have Fulham's 'problems' !

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So there could be a bright side to this. Perhaps this will give them a taste of winning making them a far better team when they do return to the Premier League.

'02

Hopefully this was Khans only bad sports investment.

Quote:Hopefully this was Khans only bad sports investment.

They just relegated us to NCAA.

Quote:They just relegated us to NCAA.
The difference between the EPL and the Championship isn't nearly as great as the NFL/NCAA.

Quote:Hopefully this was Khans only bad sports investment.

The Jaguars have increased in value 80 million since he bought them two years ago.

He'll be alright.

Quote:The difference between the EPL and the Championship isn't nearly as great as the NFL/NCAA.

I have no clue about the contract standards there. Are all of the player contracts binding regardless of what level a club is competing in?

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:I have no clue about the contract standards there. Are all of the player contracts binding regardless of what level a club is competing in?
Yes. Though most teams get rid of a few of their more expensive players in order to avoid large financial losses.

Quote:I have no clue about the contract standards there. Are all of the player contracts binding regardless of what level a club is competing in?

Not all. Some have release clauses in their contract that would allow them to be released if the club was relegated, but only the 'stars' get those.

Quote:Is it possible to get back into the Premier League if they start dominating the Football League?
If Shad opens his cheque book then I suspect Fulham will be favourites to come straight back up.The key to winning this league is having a deep squad as each team plays 46 games each rather than 38 like EPL.Pay good wages and players will want to come which will give Fulham a bigger and better squad than the rest of the league.But squads don't always gel of course....

Problem is that Khan, or the board, so far, have made poor choices on not bringing in the right players, yet paying huge sums of money. Unless it's a conspiracy (which I think it is - it has to be! Would Khan be so daft?) most at Fulham don't think he understands English football, and/or is not able to find the right mix to avoid failure. This may very well be in part to the current board who may have poorly advised him. Either way, it starts at the top. I don't like what he has done to the club since he purchased it and he is rather unpopular amongst Fulham supporters. He needs to be careful.

Congrats ChrisB if you support Burnley. Fulham should have paid up for Ings, or a Rhodes, but we've got a broken Greek.

Quote:Problem is that Khan, or the board, so far, have made poor choices on not bringing in the right players, yet paying huge sums of money. Unless it's a conspiracy (which I think it is - it has to be! Would Khan be so daft?) most at Fulham don't think he understands English football, and/or is not able to find the right mix to avoid failure. This may very well be in part to the current board who may have poorly advised him. Either way, it starts at the top. I don't like what he has done to the club since he purchased it and he is rather unpopular amongst Fulham supporters. He needs to be careful.

Congrats ChrisB if you support Burnley. Fulham should have paid up for Ings, or a Rhodes, but we've got a broken Greek.
Khan had a bit of a false start with the Jaguars as well. In his first year as the owner we had just two wins and a head coach who had been a decent coach as some point but hadn't evolved with the game and didn't really know what he was doing. The only reason we weren't relegated was because the NFL doesn't have relegation. During the offseason he overhauled the front office and the coaching staff, got people he trusted into the top positions and the overall mood and direction of the franchise is now very positive. I suspect he'll be doing the same thing with Fulham.

Quote:Problem is that Khan, or the board, so far, have made poor choices on not bringing in the right players, yet paying huge sums of money. Unless it's a conspiracy (which I think it is - it has to be! Would Khan be so daft?) most at Fulham don't think he understands English football, and/or is not able to find the right mix to avoid failure. This may very well be in part to the current board who may have poorly advised him. Either way, it starts at the top. I don't like what he has done to the club since he purchased it and he is rather unpopular amongst Fulham supporters. He needs to be careful.

Cheers,yea everyone in Burnley supports Burnley small town team syndrome and all that,we were an exception to my previous post small budget,small squad but will hopefully put on a good show in prem.

Quote:The Jaguars have increased in value 80 million since he bought them two years ago.

He'll be alright.

Curious to where you are getting this number from. 

Quote:Khan had a bit of a false start with the Jaguars as well. In his first year as the owner we had just two wins and a head coach who had been a decent coach as some point but hadn't evolved with the game and didn't really know what he was doing. The only reason we weren't relegated was because the NFL doesn't have relegation. During the offseason he overhauled the front office and the coaching staff, got people he trusted into the top positions and the overall mood and direction of the franchise is now very positive. I suspect he'll be doing the same thing with Fulham.

Yep, thats a good point. While things seemingly are going in the right direction now for the Jags, they had a start under Khan that was not really too much different than Fulham....except for the relegation part. Khan fired one coach immediately (yeah, "technically" it was Weaver doing so, but I'm sure that was part of Khan's wishes as he was buying the team....and then Khan made a mistake with his first  coach in Mularkey. Only after Khan initially failed with some of the decisions, did he learn from those mistakes and better people started to be hired and results are starting to get better. 

So 5 games in Fulham next to last place in the Championship league. They're on pace to be relagated again!

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2014, 12:17 PM by BritishJag.)

They're now bottom and have not won all season. Ouch.

You can false start in the NFL because you can't drop out of the NFL however having 2 bad seasons in English Football will see you 2 divisions below the Premier League and it is very hard to get back up. Khan might be in too deep right now, a huge shame and I can see Fulham fans turning on him very soon if they haven't already.

wait, now they are even last in the lower league? OUCH

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->;

;

I read the comments on the Fulham Facebook page. Pretty ugly.
;

;

Anyone else thinking Shad might cut his losses with Fulham ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29248464

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2014, 07:02 AM by Shack Del Rio.)

Quote:Anyone else thinking Shad might cut his losses with Fulham ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29248464

Not sure he just gives up.

With the Jaguars, as bad at they are, they still make him money. Both in revenue and they have increased in value 200 mllion dollars.

But with Fulham, he must be losing millions.

So I guess it's possible.