Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Interesting Comments From Dave about Draft

Quote:That's all you had to say.

"Anybody who says anything about the draft that doesn't directly lead the the Jaguars selecting Bridgewater is wrong"

That's how he develops all of his opinions about the draft. He starts at the end of the equation (Jaguars = Bridgewater) and works backwards from there.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:But he's the obvious choice one pick after us because he's "big enough to handle the abuse of the north".

Okay buddy. Why don't you go scour the internet for some articles about Teddy to obsess over.
For the browns...

Quote:That's all you had to say.
I have never said that...

Quote:For the browns...

One pick after us. You say he wouldn't go to the Jaguars at three because he is "not a consensus top 10 pick", but he would go to the Browns at four.

You don't know what any team would do with any pick. You are just projecting your desires for Teddy onto the Jaguars and then scratching and clawing to make it make sense.

Quote:One pick after us. You say he wouldn't go to the Jaguars at three because he is "not a consensus top 10 pick", but he would go to the Browns at four.

You don't know what any team would do with any pick. You are just projecting your desires for Teddy onto the Jaguars and then scratching and clawing to make it make sense.
Just because he wasn't top 10 talent doesn't mean he won't get picked in the top 10 or 5...

Quote:I have never said that...

It essentially is what you say.

Quote:Nah, Bortles is not even a consensus top 10 pick.

Your words not mine.

Quote:Those are the only two guys being mentioned as Texans picks.

Exactly.. 

Come May, it will either be Teddy, Barr or Clowney drafted by us. It will be one of those 3.

Quote:Your words not mine.
Talent wise my friend, apologies for not clarifiing

Quote:It essentially is what you say.
Not really...

Quote:Come May, it will either be Teddy, Barr or Clowney drafted by us. It will be one of those 3.
Teddy or Clowney at this point.

The McClain character said that Houston was getting a qb, most likely means that they are getting Clowney.

Looking forward to the next 10-15 years of playoff and superbowl victories 

Quote:Come May, it will either be Teddy, Barr or Clowney drafted by us. It will be one of those 3.

Replace Barr with Mack and add Bortles because I'm a homer.

Quote:Teddy or Clowney at this point.

The McClain character said that Houston was getting a QB. Most likely means that they are getting Clowney.

Looking forward to the next 10-15 years of playoff and superbowl victories 

Not true. There is no reason to think that. Bob McNair talked about liking Jadeveon Clowney, liking Blake Bortles, and being willing to trade down. Trying to guess who he likes is an exercise in futility.

Quote:Not true. There is no reason to think that. Bob McNair talked about liking Jadeveon Clowney, liking Blake Bortles, and being willing to trade down. Trying to guess who he likes is an exercise in futility.
McClain (the reporter) has a habit of saying the Texans will get one player and then the Texans go out and get the opposite. 

He swore up and down that they would get Vince Young...Would not surprise in the least if they got Clowney

I'd be okay with Bortles if Dave thinks he's the guy.  Even at 3.  I have concerns about him -- but if Dave feels like pulling the trigger on a QB, you probably won't see me complain.  I won't like a Manziel pick, but you can bet I'll be excited if it happens.  

If we get Clowney, I'd be okay with that.  Not excited, though.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:McClain (the reporter) has a habit of saying the Texans will get one player and then the Texans go out and get the opposite. 

He swore up and down that they would get Vince Young...Would not surprise in the least if they got Clowney

Many people thought the Texans would pick Vince Young because he was a quarterback, which they needed, from Texas. But there were more people expecting Reggie Bush to go first.

Quote:I'd be okay with Bortles if Dave thinks he's the guy.  Even at 3.  I have concerns about him -- but if Dave feels like pulling the trigger on a QB, you probably won't see me complain.  I won't like a Manziel pick, but you can bet I'll be excited if it happens.  

If we get Clowney, I'd be okay with that.  Not excited, though.

What are your concerns about Blake Bortles?

I want whoever is the best quarterback available.

if your going top three talent wise not need wise then i think its clowney, mathews and watkins

but if its talent and need

Clowney, Teddy, Mack

Quote:Not really...

It really is though. Anytime someone has a difference in opinion than you, you immediately come in spewing some made up crap about how "Manziel isn't even a day one of two prospect" or some other B S that you made up and try to state is as pure fact. You have such a hard on for Teddy that anytime someone likes someone other than Teddy at three, you come in playing smartest guy in the room.