Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Interesting Comments From Dave about Draft

Quote:It really is though. Anytime someone has a difference in opinion than you, you immediately come in spewing some made up crap about how "Manziel isn't even a day one of two prospect" or some other B S that you made up and try to state is as pure fact. You have such a hard on for Teddy that anytime someone likes someone other than Teddy at three, you come in playing smartest guy in the room.
The thing is Manziel really isn't a day 1 prospect. Remember Geno??? Thats Manziel in a maroon uniform

Thanks but no thanks

I try not to at least, I am sorry if I give you that impression

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The thing is Manziel really isn't a day 1 prospect. Remember Geno??? Thats Manziel in a maroon uniform

Thanks but no thanks

Im not a Manziel fanboy but that compafison to Geno is outlandish,
"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

Quote:The thing is Manziel really isn't a day 1 prospect. Remember Geno??? Thats Manziel in a maroon uniform

Thanks but no thanks

I merely used Manziel as an example.

And what doesn't make him a day one prospect? Let me guess, extensive film study by you?

Quote:I merely used Manziel as an example.

And what doesn't make him a day one prospect? Let me guess, extensive film study by you?
1. Lack of a pro style foundation

2. Lack of pocket presence

3. Misses reads and routes, displays lack of knowledge of a spread offense. Which is very very scary.

3 big ones that stick out to me

Manziel does not lack pocket presence

Quote:Manziel does not lack pocket presence
He can't stay in the pocket against a rush, he has the athleticism to get out of the pocket so you don't notice it. But leaving the pocket early=bad pocket presence

Quote:1. Lack of a pro style foundation

3. Misses reads and routes, displays lack of knowledge of a spread offense. Which is very very scary.

LOL.  What offense is he versed in exactly?

Quote:1. Lack of a pro style foundation

If Manziel lacked pocket presence he would not run out of it a lot.

How many college quarterbacks play in a pro style foundation?

Quote:LOL.  What offense is he versed in exactly?
What I am saying is that if you are going to run a spread offense, you need to have mastered it. He hasn't even mastered the offense that he played in.

A double negative except it is not a positive

Quote:If Manziel lacked pocket presence he would not run out of it a lot.

How many college quarterbacks play in a pro style foundation?
The lack of pocket presence is exactly why he would run out of the pocket a lot

1. Bridgewater

2. Murray

3. Mettenberger

those 3 right off the top of my head

Quote:He can't stay in the pocket against a rush, he has the athleticism to get out of the pocket so you don't notice it. But leaving the pocket early=bad pocket presence

When a quarterback is under pressure, what he is supposed to do is run out of the pocket.

Quote:What I am saying is that if you are going to run a spread offense, you need to have mastered it. He hasn't even mastered the offense that he played in.

A double negative except it is not a positive

I don't see how not being a "spread" guy is a detraction.  He won't be doing much of it in the NFL. 

Quote:He can't stay in the pocket against a rush, he has the athleticism to get out of the pocket so you don't notice it. But leaving the pocket early=bad pocket presence
Manziel is a good pocket passer when he wants to be and has the pocket presence or he would be sacked more times than not.  But if nobody is open and the play breaks down.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks'><span>Daniel Jeremiah        <b></b> </span> @<b>MoveTheSticks</b> </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks' title="Follow Daniel Jeremiah on Twitter">Follow</a>

<p class="">Studied Manziel today... Escapability vs free rushers is the best I've ever seen.

<p class=""> 

<p class=""> 

Quote:I don't see how not being a "spread" guy is a detraction.  He won't be doing much of it in the NFL. 
The college spread option and pro style offense are fundamentally different in passing concepts.

It is a very difficult learning process to go from the spread to a NFL offense

Its why Luck and Bridgewater were/are being hyped as being pro ready

Quote: 

Manziel is a good pocket passer when he wants to be and has the pocket presence or he would be sacked more times than not.  But if nobody is open and the play breaks down.

<span>Daniel Jeremiah        <b></b> </span> @<b>MoveTheSticks</b> Follow

<div>
Studied Manziel today... Escapability vs free rushers is the best I've ever seen.

</div>

Eh no he doesn't, The only time he displays good pocket passing skills is when the pocket clean. Any qb can through in a picturesque pocket.

Of course, Manziel being a elusive is a huge plus, however coming from Daniel Jeremiah, I would take it for a grain of salt, the guy is a complete hack

Quote:The college spread option and pro style offense are fundamentally different in passing concepts.

It is a very difficult learning process to go from the spread to a NFL offense

Its why Luck and Bridgewater were/are being hyped as being pro ready
 I know all of that stuff.  I  wasn't born yesterday.

You a re making no sense.   Who cares if he doesn't know the spread if he doesn't need it in the pros?    It's like you are just making up stuff as strikes against him. 

Quote: I know all of that stuff.  I  wasn't born yesterday.

You a re making no sense.   Who cares if he doesn't know the spread if he doesn't need it in the pros?    It's like you are just making up stuff as strikes against him. 
??? Its concept of becoming disciplined and mastering your own offense. If he can't do that in the Sumlin spread what makes you think that will change in the pros???

If you can't understand that...

Quote:Eh no he doesn't, The only time he displays good pocket passing skills is when the pocket clean. Any qb can through in a picturesque pocket.

Of course, Manziel being a elusive is a huge plus, however coming from Daniel Jeremiah, I would take it for a grain of salt, the guy is a complete hack
Why is he a complete hack because he isn't high on Teddy like most that work for the NFL ? 

Quote: 

LOL. Coming from the guy posting on a message board.

Quote:??? Its concept of becoming disciplined and mastering your own offense. If he can't do that in the Sumlin spread what makes you think that will change in the pros???

If you can't understand that...
Ha-ha.  I see now.  I took your initial comment about the spread to mean he didn't play it in college.  I didn't watch a single A&M game this year.  (which is why I haven't commented on him as a prospect.)   

Didn't he play a different offense the prior year there?