Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gus Bradley's Pick

Quote:Actually it's already up. 

http://1010xl.com/common/page.php?pt=audio&id=371

He likes Clowney but wouldn't draft him at 3 and kept repeating that he only had 3 sacks last year. He would also rather have Manziel than Bridgewater, and compared Bortles to Rothlesburger. Also said Manziel is a better version of Fran Tarkenton. 
Gil Brandt is going senile lol

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I was thinking maybe the same thing.......but how could someone mistake Gus for Gil?

Good question, sometimes people make mistakes or assumptions that end up being a mistake. They said the Jags brass is up there, but not making the rounds on Radio Row.

Quote:Good question, sometimes people make mistakes or assumptions that end up being a mistake. They said the Jags brass is up there, but not making the rounds on Radio Row.

But unless they are identical twins, you can't mix up their voices.

Quote:Where did Gil Brandt get that information from?
What information? That Clowney had 3 sacks? His opinion is his opinion and I don't think he needs to research information on his own opinion. It's certainly not my opinion.

lolz that may explain why he said he passed on Walter Payton, that didn't make much sense for Gus. This thread is now pointless and may be screenshotted and deleted

Does kinda sound like Gus pending your audio system :p

Hey..  they have the same initials.  It's close enough.

Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:But unless they are identical twins, you can't mix up their voices.
That's a ridiculous statement and beside the point. I can't answer for the OP, I've been listening to the whole show and Gus has not been interviewed today. Gil and Cyprien have. Gil was the one with those opinions of Manziel and Clowney so my assumption is he mixed him up for Gus.

BTW, because you'll probably ask, it's ridiculous because it's not uncommon for people to sound the same. Usually you mix up twins due to their looks not their voices. And we know Gus Bradley has a very distinct voice compared to Gil Brandt.  

Quote:Actually it's already up. 
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://1010xl.com/common/page.php?pt=audio&id=371'>http://1010xl.com/common/page.php?pt=audio&id=371</a>

He likes Clowney but wouldn't draft him at 3 and kept repeating that he only had 3 sacks last year. He would also rather have Manziel than Bridgewater, and compared Bortles to Rothlesburger. Also said Manziel is a better version of Fran Tarkenton.

I cannot play it from my iPad here in LA. Anyway.....that makes more sense. Any other revelations on later picks?

Quote:That's a ridiculous statement and beside the point. I can't answer for the OP, I've been listening to the whole show and Gus has not been interviewed today. Gil and Cyprien have. Gil was the one with those opinions of Manziel and Clowney so my assumption is he mixed him up for Gus.

BTW, because you'll probably ask, it's ridiculous because it's not uncommon for people to sound the same. Usually you mix up twins due to their looks not their voices. And we know Gus Bradley has a very distinct voice compared to Gil Brandt.  
Now thats funny

Ha-ha.   I think we may need a mod to fix the thread title on this one.  

Gil Brandt is a very knowledgable football guy - but his draft analysis in recent years has become more and more riddled with wacky stances on prospects. 

Not that these stances are terribly off the wall  -  I just think they are likely different than Bradley's and Bradley wouldn't put that stuff out there. 

Quote:What information? That Clowney had 3 sacks? His opinion is his opinion and I don't think he needs to research information on his own opinion. It's certainly not my opinion.

That Gus Bradley wants Manziel.

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2014, 04:36 PM by Cleatwood.)

Quote:That Gus Bradley wants Manziel.
You need to realize that no one knows whats going to happen. Not Kiper, McShay, or Brandt. And do you think Bradley would tip his hat at to who he really wants?

Its all educated guesses at this point. You think everyone tells Gil Brandt what they are going to do? No way because the teams still have no clue what they are going to do.

Quote:Does kinda sound like Gus pending your audio system Tongue
I relistened, if that's a word, to the interview and I can hear the similarities.

I just listened to the whole interview. The interviewer introduced Gil Brandt. The first topic was Brandt's opinion of Gus Bradley. So you can't hear the beginning and think Bradley was talking.

Brandt never once said he thinks Jadeveon Clowney is a bum. Haterade made that up. His most important comment about Clowney: "I think he can do it." In other words, Clowney will not be a starter in his rookie season and needs some coaching to improve his work ethic.

Quote:I relistened, if that's a word, to the interview and I can hear the similarities.

I guess it is a word now.

When was the last time you heard Gus Bradley stutter throughout an interview? I never did.

I didn't catch the beginning lol

Quote:I didn't catch the beginning lol

That explains it. Gil Brandt talked about how Gus Bradley is a "people person" and kept the team motivated even when they were 0-8.

Gil Brandt sounds like:

[Image: 20_boots.jpg]

Gus sounds like:

[Image: fargo14.jpg]

NYC that does not make any sense, but I will always remember Gil Brandt stutters.

BTW that station was 92-something, not 1010.