Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dallas is shaking things up big time in their coaching ranks

So they hire Linehan, they hire Marinelli, and they keep Kiffin and Callahan. Strange, strange things going on in Big 'D'. And what kind of Offensive Coordinator doesn't call plays?

<p style="margin-left:40px;">"The Dallas Cowboys made it official, hiring Scott Linehan as passing game coordinator.

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

<p style="margin-left:40px;">They also demoted defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin to assistant head coach-defense and hired defensive line coach Rod Marinelli as defensive coordinator.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Bill Callahan won't call the plays, Linehall will. Callahan remains offensive coordinator and offensive line coach after team denied permission for him to interview for Ravens and Browns offensive coordinator job
s..."

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Do a lot of teams have a coach designated as a passing game coordinator?

Huh

Quote:Do a lot of teams have a coach designated as a passing game coordinator?

I've heard of it before, but I don't know that it's all that common.

Ol' Monte must just be hanging in there for the paycheck.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Do a lot of teams have a coach designated as a passing game coordinator?
It's quite uncommon, but it's a way to get a guy in there to run the thing without actually having the title.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Jerry Jones just wants to make sure his team is always fighting for the division.  Sometimes they might get lucky and win it.  And if they're really lucky, they win a playoff game.  But the goal is to keep them in the fight no matter what.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Jerry Jones just wants to make sure his team is always fighting for the division.  Sometimes they might get lucky and win it.  And if they're really lucky, they win a playoff game.  But the goal is to keep them in the fight no matter what.

While he pulls all of the strings and gets all the credit...and cameras in his face.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

speaking of coaching changes, looks like the rams are bringing back gregg williams. which, i think is a really good hire with the guys they have on defense already. look for them to be a dominating and mean defense.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Not so sure the League needs Fisher and Williams reunited again. They are both good coaches, but that St. Louis Defense is going to be as dirty as they come under their tutelage.

Jerry is trying to save face for bringing in Monte whose defenses got absolutely torched.  A change needed to be made, but firing Kiffin would be admitting he made a mistake.  Monte still has a ton of knowledge and can provide value, but Marinelli is better versed at attacking this era's offenses.

Only a chump boos the home team!