Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What Happened To The Mad Dog? Banned Again?

So how long is the ban this time?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:So how long is the ban this time?

At least 6 months.  Then it's up to the admins.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I was about to post the same exact topic because I wanted to send him a PM and couldn't do it.

I know its not policy for the mods to discuss publicly why a member has been banned, but from my observation of TMD's posts in the last month or so nothing he contributed warranted a ban IMO.

He has his beliefs and feelings and I think the people who was accusing him of trolling really could have just simply put him on their ignore list instead of responding each time to his posts.
It's difficult to ignore someone when they respond to and refute 70% of your posts. 

Quote:At least 6 months.  Then it's up to the admins.

Dang...that's a long time.

Any reason he can't be pm'ed? When he was banned before he was still able to talk to people through those...
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:I've come to realize he doesn't actually watch any jaguar games, but just looks at stats. It's hard to argue with a poster like that.

But the dance begins. It'll be nice without him for a while, then the dead season will begin and we'll all miss having a contrarian on the board to argue with.

Then he'll come back, it'll be a nice change of pace.

Then he'll go off the rails and annoy everyone. Then he'll be banned again.

It's the circle of life... Jaguar MB style

Lol, pretty much sums it up.

Quote:I was about to post the same exact topic because I wanted to send him a PM and couldn't do it.

I know its not policy for the mods to discuss publicly why a member has been banned, but from my observation of TMD's posts in the last month or so nothing he contributed warranted a ban IMO.

He has his beliefs and feelings and I think the people who was accusing him of trolling really could have just simply put him on their ignore list instead of responding each time to his posts.

I'll disagree. He is trolling and trolling is against the rules so pretty simple stuff. Now how do I report badger...

Quote:There is a post in the jaguars.com forum that explains the rules. Yes, mods and admins give warnings.

TMD entertains me, too. I'm sure many of you will take this with a grain of salt, but I, for one, would prefer he stay within the rules because he does add value to the board.  But he doesn't, and he consistently does the same thing, over and over, that gets him banned.

I wonder what it was that got him banned.   I don't think he would be banned for arguing, or being negative.  As for hijacking threads, we all help him do that by arguing with him.   I wonder what rules he broke. 

Quote:It's difficult to ignore someone when they respond to and refute 70% of your posts. 

Alright so maybe im confused and its probably because I dont have anyone on my ignore list.

I thought if you put someone on your ignore list, you cant see none of their threads started, replies or instant messages, but somehow some of their content is able to filter through?

Quote:I'll disagree. He is trolling and trolling is against the rules so pretty simple stuff. Now how do I report badger...

Good question.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote: I wonder what it was that got him banned.   I don't think he would be banned for arguing, or being negative.  As for hijacking threads, we all help him do that by arguing with him.   I wonder what rules he broke. 

That's what I was thinking as well. Its kinda like adding gasoline to the fire. 

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:Alright so maybe im confused and its probably because I dont have anyone on my ignore list.

I thought if you put someone on your ignore list, you cant see none of their threads started, replies or instant messages, but somehow some of their content is able to filter through?

The post content is hidden - but you can see that they have posted in the thread under your own post.  Then you'll see their reply quoted by another poster.  Gets hard to ignore when they are insulting, condescending or misconstruing your initial post. 

Once in a while, ya just gotta break the muzzle out and neuter the mutt..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I did recall seeing a post TMD made about some of the warnings from the old board were not suppose to carry over to the new one. Just thought I throw that out there. Again, I know the mods cant discuss another member's banning.

Quote:The post content is hidden - but you can see that they have posted in the thread under your own post.  Then you'll see their reply quoted by another poster.  Gets hard to ignore when they are insulting, condescending or misconstruing your initial post. 

Ok, gotcha it makes sense now.

Quote:I did recall seeing a post TMD made about some of the warnings from the old board were not suppose to carry over to the new one. Just thought I throw that out there. Again, I know the mods cant discuss another member's banning.
Sure they can. FBT has on here. This isn't the secret service.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:I was never one to pile on with the TMD hate and I generally like reading what he has to say, but the last few weeks he seemed to go off the deep end a little for me. His arguments generally carry some substance but the NFL conspiracy thread did it for me.

While I hope TMD is able to participate again on the MB ASAP,  I understand and respect while many feel differently.  

One thing in particular though that I hope TMD doesn't bring back to the MB is something you mentioned:   The NFL Conspiracy theories.   One thing I mentioned to him in one of those threads is that when you offer conspiracy theories that basically have no substance such as the NFL Conspiracy theories against the Jaguars, Lions, and one or more other teams,   it damages the credibility of legit conspiracy theories that shouldn't even be considered conspiracy theories.  

The mods banned TMD because they were ordered to by Shad Khan once TMD revealed the tanking payoff scheme prevalent in the NFL.  I wouldn't be surprised if Roger Goodell himself was behind the banning. 

Quote:The mods banned TMD because they were ordered to by Shad Khan once TMD revealed the tanking payoff scheme prevalent in the NFL.  I wouldn't be surprised if Roger Goodell himself was behind the banning. 

You know too much.

Watch your step. I know I will.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

I don't know nuthin'.  Bchbunnie told me that stuff.  Yeah, that's the ticket.  

Quote: I wonder what it was that got him banned.   I don't think he would be banned for arguing, or being negative.  As for hijacking threads, we all help him do that by arguing with him.   I wonder what rules he broke. 

The bottom line is he used his agenda to hijack many threads.  How people responded is irrelevant.  He craves attention, and the only way he sees fit to get what he requires is to draw threads away from their original point.  It's gotten him banned before, and he was warned to steer clear of this behavior the last time he was reinstated.  He'll play well for a while, but it's not in his nature to do that for very long.  Eventually he falls back into the same bad habits.

Quote:I did recall seeing a post TMD made about some of the warnings from the old board were not suppose to carry over to the new one. Just thought I throw that out there. Again, I know the mods cant discuss another member's banning.

Warning levels did carry over from the old board.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

SMH.  People on this board continue to act like the colts didn't tank for Luck! This fan base is so gullible. 

You people probably actually think that Caldwell shopped Monroe before being ripped off by Baltimore!  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing