Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***OFFICIAL Pro Bowl Gameday thread***

Quote:BTW folks  - Deion didn't dye his beard. It is indeed naturally white.  Not uncommon for a 46 year old man. 

[Image: img-20111225-00302.jpg?w=948]
Whoooooooshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! Got Em!

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Kinda ironic all the close calls on the field, the officials have gotten each of them right without instant replay.
No need for either side to pay off officials before the game ?

;

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2014, 09:42 AM by TravC59.)

Quote:They did that to have four two-minute drills with hurry-up offenses, which makes the game more exciting.
You actually hit the nail on the head.

;

Quote:You actually hit the nail on the head.

So the plan worked?

Quote:So the plan worked?
What?

I said your reasoning as to that specific change is why they did it was correct.

;

Quote:I don't understand how adding more 2 min warnings makes it more exciting. I spose they need to maintain commercial revenue getting rid of kickoffs. Love the no replays. Officials always get it wrong anyways, just call it live
Agree on the 2 min warnings. It makes no sense. 

I wont be surprised if the NFL keeps with this format during the Pro Bowl, that we start seeing TV timeouts like in the NBA.

Quote:What? Russell Wilson is in New Jersey.

I was talking about the interview he did with NBC that aired at halftime during the PB.

Quote:No need for either side to pay off officials before the game ?

Well considering each side gets chump change, it isnt too far a stretch.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:They did that to have four two-minute drills with hurry-up offenses, which makes the game more exciting.

It makes no sense. just start the play clock at 25 instead of the regular 40.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:It makes no sense. just start the play clock at 25 instead of the regular 40.
It does for the NFL.

;

Quote:It does for the NFL.

Which had sloppy play.

Having a play clock at 25 keeps the up tempo consistent.

Quote:Which had sloppy play.

Having a play clock at 25 keeps the up tempo consistent.
That's what the NFL wants. Up Tempo, fast paced. Will create more scoring. Some of those pro bowl guys are not in the game shape they were a month ago. If this rule were to take effect, everyone would have no choice but to jump on board. Eventually the NFL would get out of it what it wants.

Not a fan of the ball changing possession at the end of the quarter either. But, I see why the NFL would want it.

;

Quote:Where's Megatron or Rodgers?

Earlier this month, Megatron had a knee procedure and finger surgery.

tmd - foles looked pretty good, no interceptions, and chip Kelly wasn't even coaching him during that game!

josh Gordon also looks like if he gets a QB he is gonna set defenses on fire. I really wish the jags grabbed him when they had the chance.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:tmd - foles looked pretty good, no interceptions, and chip Kelly wasn't even coaching him during that game!

josh Gordon also looks like if he gets a QB he is gonna set defenses on fire. I really wish the jags grabbed him when they had the chance.

TMD wanted me to tell you if Blackmon dosent pan out Caldwell deserves to be fired for passing up Gordon as a backup.