Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
3 GM's compare this QB class to the 2011 class

Quote:Winston has more upside than Cam, IMO.
Lol 

No he doesn't

Cam has a bigger arm, quicker release, stronger, faster than Winston

What about Winston screams more "upside" than Cam...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, just wanted to point out that i don't think Cam has peaked yet.  He showed a lot of maturity in his game this year and could be on his way to becoming "great".
He is flat out wrong...call it what it is

Quote:Kaep is the most overrated qb in the league

Wait till San Fran has to pay him, won't be surprised if Harbaugh lets him walk if won't resign for cheap
I doubt that.  Flacco isn't much better (honestly, they remind me of each other) and he got a huge deal because Baltimore was too scared to start over and find someone else.  Teams would rather overpay a QB, rather than being in our shoes and be stuck with below average QBs.

Quote:I doubt that.  Flacco isn't much better (honestly, they remind me of each other) and he got a huge deal because Baltimore was too scared to start over and find someone else.  Teams would rather overpay a QB, rather than being in our shoes and be stuck with below average QBs.
San Frans offense is designed so that the qb is more or less another cog in the wheel

Kaep can be replaced by next years draft, fleece a team for a high draft pick

He never developed as a passer, it is all a one read and checkdown/run gimmick

Quote:San Frans offense is designed so that the qb is more or less another cog in the wheel

Kaep can be replaced by next years draft, fleece a team for a high draft pick

He never developed as a passer, it is all a one read and checkdown/run gimmick
Baltimore tried to be a run-heavy team with a hard nosed defense too, but still paid him all of that money.  Maybe if they have a backup in the waiting that can fill in I can see that (which they don't because McCoy isn't good), but I doubt they would throw caution to the wind like that, letting Kaep go, and banking on a rookie QB.

Quote:Baltimore tried to be a run-heavy team with a hard nosed defense too, but still paid him all of that money.  Maybe if they have a backup in the waiting that can fill in I can see that (which they don't because McCoy isn't good), but I doubt they would throw caution to the wind like that, letting Kaep go, and banking on a rookie QB.
49ers are a all around more talented team than the Ravens, and Joe Flacco balled during the money downs

Niners have a top 5 defense, top 5 o-line, top 5 running game (part of that is Kaep, I admit), top 5 receiving crew

And they Harbaugh who is a genius head coach, he can put anyone in and make it work

Quote:49ers are a all around more talented team than the Ravens, and Joe Flacco balled during the money downs

Niners have a top 5 defense, top 5 o-line, top 5 running game (part of that is Kaep, I admit), top 5 receiving crew

And they Harbaugh who is a genius head coach, he can put anyone in and make it work
For how long will they have all of that?  Gore is an old man by RB standards and while Lattimore may be good, he's never done anything yet and is still trying to come back from a serious injury.

Their defense should still be good but they may not have Bowman next year and Justin Smith is getting up there in age.

With how important the QB position is, how often do teams let a starting-caliber QB just walk?

Quote:For how long will they have all of that?  Gore is an old man by RB standards and while Lattimore may be good, he's never done anything yet and is still trying to come back from a serious injury.

Their defense should still be good but they may not have Bowman next year and Justin Smith is getting up there in age.

With how important the QB position is, how often do teams let a starting-caliber QB just walk?
Trust me Kaep would not be starting for most teams

Quote:Lol 

No he doesn't

Cam has a bigger arm, quicker release, stronger, faster than Winston

What about Winston screams more "upside" than Cam...

The fact that he's much more natural at the position.  Cam is an athlete still learning how to play QB (maybe even already reached, over-reached his ceiling.)

Cam's just a bigger Vick at this point, and looks like that's the way his career is headed.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:The fact that he's much more natural at the position.  Cam is an athlete still learning how to play QB (maybe even already reached, over-reached his ceiling.)

Cam's just a bigger Vick at this point, and looks like that's the way his career is headed.
Cam hasn't even scratched the surface of his ceiling. Also if you have actually watched panthers game and analyze how Cam plays qb, it is plain as a summer's day that he goes through his progressions and looks off defenders...

Pirks you need to learn what to look for in a qb

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2014, 03:39 PM by Markulous.)

Quote:Trust me Kaep would not be starting for most teams
Jacksonville, Buffalo, NYJ, Cleveland, Houston, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Kansas City, Oakland, Minnesota, Tampa Bay, Arizona, and of course San Francisco.  Potentially Cincinnati and Washington.  That's around half of the league right there off the top of my head.

Here's what i think:

Cam is better than Pirkster thinks, Kaep and Winston are better than wiseman thinks, and who cares for predicting which one is/will be better than the other?  It's fun to watch...

Quote:Jacksonville, Buffalo, NYJ, Cleveland, Houston, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Kansas City, Oakland, Minnesota, Tampa Bay, Arizona, and of course San Francisco.  Potentially Cincinnati and Washington.  That's around half of the league right there off the top of my head.
None of those teams would want Kaep lol

Quote:None of those teams would want Kaep lol
And you know this how?  Are you the next up and coming resident troll?  Please don't we already have enough.

Quote:And you know this how?  Are you the next up and coming resident troll?  Please don't we already have enough.
Kaep just is not that good...

Quote:None of those teams would want Kaep lol
Yeah with HOF bound QBs in that group such as Chad Henne, Geno Smith, Matt McGloin, Case Keenum and others, Kaep doesn't have a chance to break those rosters.

Quote:Are you the next up and coming resident troll?

It sure does appear he's eager to learn the role, doesn't it?

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Yeah with HOF bound QBs in that group such as Chad Henne, Geno Smith, Matt McGloin, Case Keenum and others, Kaep doesn't have a chance to break those rosters.
Yea and you would have to teach him how to make more than one read

Quote:It sure does appear he's eager to learn the role, doesn't it?
ok Pirks nice shot

Oh boy...Alright guess we agree to disagree (or something like that).