Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
3 GM's compare this QB class to the 2011 class

Quote:You're joking right?

Kaepernick >>>>>>>>>>>>> Smith

Kaepernick really isn't THAT much better than Smith.  

Smith had more yards, more touchdowns, fewer interceptions, and higher completion percentage than Kaepernick this year.  Kaepernick had more rushing yards, and touchdowns, but they both had the same Yards per attempt for rushing.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Kaepernick isn't going anywhere. I guarantee if the 9ers placed him on the trading block today there would be at LEAST 20 teams lining up for his services.
20 teams don't have the cap space in another year to keep Kaep despite the fact he is overrated.  Kaep regressed this season and his stats reflected it. Even his playoff stats from this year compared to last year dropped in most categories. He got an officiated aided victory in Carolina, he owns Green Bay, and then he crapped the bed during the most important game of his career by becoming a turnover machine in Seattle. Kaep inherited a top three team in the NFL and hasn't made them better or gotten them further. Cam was asked to repair a franchise and did more for his team this season then Kaep. On top of that, Cam is still two years younger and has more room to grow. If you think Kaep is better than Cam you are fooling yourself. Switch them and see how SF does. I bet it would be at least the same record but likely better. Kaep on Carolina would have been below .500.

Quote:20 teams don't have the cap space in another year to keep Kaep despite the fact he is overrated. Kaep regressed this season and his stats reflected it. Even his playoff stats from this year compared to last year dropped in most categories. He got an officiated aided victory in Carolina, he owns Green Bay, and then he crapped the bed during the most important game of his career by becoming a turnover machine in Seattle. Kaep inherited a top three team in the NFL and hasn't made them better or gotten them further. Cam was asked to repair a franchise and did more for his team this season then Kaep. On top of that, Cam is still two years younger and has more room to grow. If you think Kaep is better than Cam you are fooling yourself. Switch them and see how SF does. I bet it would be at least the same record but likely better. Kaep on Carolina would have been below .500.

Woah. Where did I say that?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 01-25-2014, 02:20 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Kaepernick isn't going anywhere. I guarantee if the 9ers placed him on the trading block today there would be at LEAST 20 teams lining up for his services.

Oh, so the opportune time to trade someone is when past that window and the player cannot fetch the above?? :wacko:

The best time to trade someone is at high value. 

Jags fans by & large from this board seem to have zero idea about when is a good time to make trades. It has shown at various times over the years like with MoJo 2 or 3 years ago...most fans on this board were adamant about keeping MoJo when a few smart people would bring up the idea of cashing in on MoJo and trading him at that point. 

So it's like the 2011 class except it's nothing like it?

Gotcha. 

Quote:Oh, so the opportune time to trade someone is when past that window and the player cannot fetch the above?? :wacko:

The best time to trade someone is at high value. 

Jags fans by & large from this board seem to have zero idea about when is a good time to make trades. It has shown at various times over the years like with MoJo 2 or 3 years ago...most fans on this board were adamant about keeping MoJo when a few smart people would bring up the idea of cashing in on MoJo and trading him at that point. 
What exactly do you think we would have got for him? a 3rd round pick?.. Our GM at the time didn't value 3rd round picks very high considering he took a punter with his last 3rd rounder. Do you honestly think we would have gotten anything out of it? Cause I don't. 

Quote:Kaepernick really isn't THAT much better than Smith.

Smith had more yards, more touchdowns, fewer interceptions, and higher completion percentage than Kaepernick this year. Kaepernick had more rushing yards, and touchdowns, but they both had the same Yards per attempt for rushing.

Stats only tell part of the story. You'll have to dig a bit deeper than that. Henne had more passing yards than Kaepernick. Is he better?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:You're joking right?

Kaepernick >>>>>>>>>>>>> Smith
You completely ignored the statistical evidence (wins and losses) 

Quote:Stats only tell part of the story. You'll have to dig a bit deeper than that. Henne had more passing yards than Kaepernick. Is he better?
The only thing that Kaep has over Smith is a stronger arm and wheels that doesn't translate to being the better qb

Quote:What exactly do you think we would have got for him? a 3rd round pick?.. Our GM at the time didn't value 3rd round picks very high considering he took a punter with his last 3rd rounder. Do you honestly think we would have gotten anything out of it? Cause I don't. 

I think MoJo could have fetched at least a 2nd rounder a few years ago. It would have been wise to make the deal then.  

Quote:You completely ignored the statistical evidence (wins and losses)

If that's the case then you need to remove a couple wins from Alex Smith's win column because there were a few games this season where the offense was skunked and the defense scored all the points.

Quote:If that's the case then you need to remove a couple wins from Alex Smith's win column because there were a few games this season where the offense was skunked and the defense scored all the points.
You don't think that was the case for Kaep as well????

Quote:You don't think that was the case for Kaep as well????

Exactly. Its a bit more complicated then wins and losses.

Quote:Stats only tell part of the story. You'll have to dig a bit deeper than that. Henne had more passing yards than Kaepernick. Is he better?

Henne had more yards, but he had fewer touchdowns and more interceptions.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:49ers are a all around more talented team than the Ravens, and Joe Flacco balled during the money downs

Niners have a top 5 defense, top 5 o-line, top 5 running game (part of that is Kaep, I admit), top 5 receiving crew

And they Harbaugh who is a genius head coach, he can put anyone in and make it work
Just wondering how you figure top-5 recievers?

3/32 GMs? That is a small percentage

Quote:Just wondering how you figure top-5 recievers?
Anquan Boldin, Michael Crabtree, Mario Manningham, Vernon Davis...

If it's like 2011, then that should mean the best QB prospects in this year's draft will be found in round two instead of one.

Tajh Boyd - Colin Kaepernick

Derek Carr - Andy Dalton

Not that it will play out like that. But, based on what's been said so far about this year's QB class. Carr and Boyd could be in the 2ND round for the taking. That's the best case scenario for us IMHO. I'd take either Clowney or Matthews at number three overall, OR, hope to trade down and take Mike Evans, WR out of Texas A&M and then land our QB in RD2 like Carr or Boyd.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:If it's like 2011, then that should mean the best QB prospects in this year's draft will be found in round two instead of one.

Tajh Boyd - Colin Kaepernick

Derek Carr - Andy Dalton

Not that it will play out like that. But, based on what's been said so far about this year's QB class. Carr and Boyd could be in the 2ND round for the taking. That's the best case scenario for us IMHO. I'd take either Clowney or Matthews at number three overall, OR, hope to trade down and take Mike Evans, WR out of Texas A&M and then land our QB in RD2 like Carr or Boyd.
You really need to brush up on your QB comps, sir. First of all, Carr is still a 1st rounder and is nothing like Dalton. Second, Boyd is going to be closer to undrafted than going in the 2nd...and is again nothing like Kaep. 

Quote:Anquan Boldin, Michael Crabtree, Mario Manningham, Vernon Davis...

Isn't Davis a Tight End?
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!