Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ryan Grigson - Worst GM of 2013?

Quote:I've already stated his 2013 draft was porous. Read above.

However, look at the draft picks from 2012... He hit a home run on almost every pick. That's a fact. He also had another trade that year that was getting heavily criticized, Vontae Davis, and so far that has work out fantastically. He'll 100% be getting re-signed this offseason. Stating he only hit on Andrew Luck his first year or that he wasn't a reason for the Colts turn around is hilarious and THAT'S biased on your guys part thinking any other way.
If you think Fleener and Allen were home runs you're high. Fleener has been inconsistent and without Luck would be a straight Bum, and I don't even know what happen to Allen is he injured or something? A team that needed so much help on defense and he decided to take two average TEs in back to back rounds? Please. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Where does any Jaguar fan get off trying to dismiss another organization, especially one as successful as the Colts?

I've been a Jags fan from day one (STH, the whole bit), but this gets embarrassing. It's like whistling past the graveyard.

To deny their recent good play, and to try and deny that Luck is a lot better than average (do you watch the NFL?), is coming across as very defensive.

I've got a better idea than trying to one-up some silly Colts fan - try getting better each year.
So which part of the title and OP do you disagree with?

Please keep to the topic

Quote:If you think Fleener and Allen were home runs you're high. Fleener has been inconsistent and without Luck would be a straight Bum, and I don't even know what happen to Allen is he injured or something? A team that needed so much help on defense and he decided to take two average TEs in back to back rounds? Please. 

LOL.

Right there just proved why you have no room to talk about the Colts. All your opinions on the Colts are now invalid.

If you're going to attempt to make a point, at least know what you're talking about.

Quote:So which part of the title and OP do you disagree with?

Please keep to the topic

I'll post what I please.

Your lame attempt to tweak the nose of another team's fan is pretty sad. But fortunately not all Jaguars fans are as insecure and defensive.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:LOL.

Right there just proved why you have no room to talk about the Colts. All your opinions on the Colts are now invalid.

If you're going to attempt to make a point, at least know what you're talking about.

Is he not injured?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I'll post what I please.

Your lame attempt to tweak the nose of another team's fan is pretty sad. But fortunately not all Jaguars fans are as insecure and defensive.
So you don't disagree with the post? Or you think his trades and FA period were good?

So what's the problem? 

Quote:Is he not injured?

Uh, he is. He was placed on IR after the first game.

The person I quoted didn't know.

Quote:If you think Fleener and Allen were home runs you're high. Fleener has been inconsistent and without Luck would be a straight Bum, and I don't even know what happen to Allen is he injured or something? A team that needed so much help on defense and he decided to take two average TEs in back to back rounds? Please. 

Fleener is overrated, but Allen is a flipping great TE.  He was a steal in the 3rd round.

Colts were had by Michael Lombardo lol

Quote:So you don't disagree with the post? Or you think his trades and FA period were good?

So what's the problem? 

You don't judge a GM from one pick (the Richardson trade will live in infamy) or one draft class. You want your GM to take some chances, don't you?

And what's the point to all this back and forth? All this - "Is to!" and "Is not!". Just seems pointless and silly to me.

But hey, if you're into pointless and silly, go for it.

Quote:But hey, if you're into pointless and silly, go for it.

He is, BTW.

Quote:You don't judge a GM from one pick (the Richardson trade will live in infamy) or one draft class. You want your GM to take some chances, don't you?

And what's the point to all this back and forth? All this - "Is to!" and "Is not!". Just seems pointless and silly to me.

But hey, if you're into pointless and silly, go for it.

Let me help you.

The title is worst GM in 2013, not worst GM of all time.

Feel free to debate the issue or just not join in the thread, rather than your silly back and forth about nothing

Quote:Let me help you.

The title is worst GM in 2013, not worst GM of all time.

Feel free to debate the issue or just not join in the thread, rather than your silly back and forth about nothing

Don't worry - I'll be glad to leave you alone looking for someone to argue with. Apparently it pleases you.

Just don't call it "debating". Lincoln v. Douglas this ain't.

Just saying..but getting eleven wins is not hard right now for a team in this division. Pretty much 6 freebies. Which makes winning this division easier. Colts are by far the best team here..but the GM is handicapping you and it will eventually takes it's toll
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Quote:Don't worry - I'll be glad to leave you alone looking for someone to argue with. Apparently it pleases you.

Just don't call it "debating". Lincoln v. Douglas this ain't.

It seems to be you arguing though? I'm happy to debate the topic at hand you keep trying to make comments about me and derailing my thread.

We are on a message board plenty of other threads to offer your thoughts on? Or do you like arguing too much.

Come on debate my opening post?

Quote:It seems to be you arguing though? I'm happy to debate the topic at hand you keep trying to make comments about me and derailing my thread.

We are on a message board plenty of other threads to offer your thoughts on? Or do you like arguing too much.

Come on debate my opening post?

Your opening post was fine - and (mostly) factual - until you insinuated he had nothing to do with the Colts turn around. Which is absolutely laughable.

Quote:Your opening post was fine - and (mostly) factual - until you insinuated he had nothing to do with the Colts turn around. Which is absolutely laughable.
That's fine. I think he had a good draft in 2012 (so far) which may have helped to the turn around.

However I think the main tunaround actually occurred during 2011 when they benched Painter. 

Quote:The worst GM is probably Oakland/Washington. Its like a fail safe.

Also the 2012 draft will always look good no matter what cause of Luck, hitting on TY Hilton also was real good. But they go hand in hand. Luck makes Hilton look good because Luck is good, I don't think it works as much the other way.

TY Hilton has bailed Luck out so many times that I'd need yours and my hands to finger count it.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:LOL.

Weather you want to take my word for it or not, the Colts GM is a bum and has proven it. Be quiet and shut your mouth until you can prove otherwise homer. 

The real word on him is that the jury is still out- there's been some very good and some not so good. A good draft, a so-so draft, a seemingly bad trade plus the AFC South titles and a young, ascending team. Put Dave Caldwell in this position in 3 years and he'll be called a savior here. It's been considerably more good than bad with Grigson thus far, IMO.

Attacking out of town posters who come here is bush league, IMO. It's great to get their perspective on their teams and I wish there were more of them. CW, T-Rex, D6, Carr Bombed, Psychop (Pork Chop) et al always add something to conversations here.

Go Patriots. Go Jaguars.

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile