Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ryan Grigson - Worst GM of 2013?

(This post was last modified: 01-25-2014, 12:37 PM by Coltswarriors.)

Quote:Weather you want to take my word for it or not, the Colts GM is a bum and has proven it. Be quiet and shut your mouth until you can prove otherwise homer. 

Easy.

Colts 2012 Draft:

1. Andrew Luck - Franchise QB

2. Coby Fleener - Solid starting TE, improved greatly this year

3. Dwayne Allen - Beast of a TE, was put on IR this year the first game of the season

4.  TY Hilton - Solid starting WR, improved greatly this year (looked like a true #1 at times)

5. Josh Chapman - Solid DT, didn't play his entire first season due to injury, but played well this year. Many think he'll become our starter next year

6. Vick Ballard - Solid starting RB, averaged 4 yards a carry last year. Could block, catch, & run. Was put on IR this season after the first game.

7. Lavon Brazill - A good WR, he's produced great at times, but still has work to do. Future solid WR in the making.

-Trading a 2nd for Vontae Davis last year was an absolute STEAL. No 2nd rounder could produce at the level Vontae was at times this year. I remember when people on here scolded that trade too.

-Re-signing Reggie Wayne (despite everyone thinking he was done)

-Re-signing Robert Mathis (despite people claiming there is no way he'd fit into the 3-4 scheme)

-Signing Cory Redding - he's been a beast for us the last couple years, one of Grigson's best signings

Yes, he was hit & miss last year, but his first year here hit a home-run and to think otherwise is biased on your part. To claim he's a bum after looking at his 1st season makes you look like a fool. Most GMs are scared to take risks to make his team better, I'm glad mine is willing to take those risks.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

11-5 and made it to the Divisional round. 

Can't argue with results.

Quote:11-5 and made it to the Divisional round.

Can't argue with results.

2007 Jaguars 11-5 and made it to the divisional round.

Big whoop.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

They had a good draft in 2012.

If they have another offseason/draft this year like they had in 2013, they will be hurting in the future.

They have Andrew Luck so they're going to be good for a good while IMO though.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Easy.

Colts 2012 Draft:

1. Andrew Luck - Franchise QB  Every GM in the League would have taken Luck, he doesn't get any credit here. 

2. Coby Fleener - Solid starting TE, improved greatly this year  You say solid, I say average. 

3. Dwayne Allen - Beast of a TE, was put on IR this year the first game of the season Above average Rookie season, calling him a beast is wayyy premature.

4.  TY Hilton - Solid starting WR, improved greatly this year (looked like a true #1 at times) I'll give you this one, Hilton has been good. 

5. Josh Chapman - Solid DT, didn't play his entire first season due to injury, but played well this year. Many think he'll become our starter next year - Solid 5th rounder

6. Vick Ballard - Solid starting RB, averaged 4 yards a carry last year. Could block, catch, & run. Was put on IR this season after the first game Good value for a 6th rounder, but he isn't good enough to be a starter unless you're desperate. 

7. Lavon Brazill - A good WR, he's produced great at times, but still has work to do. Future solid WR in the making. Solid pick for the 7th round, future solid WR? no. Product of Luck? Yes. 

-Trading a 2nd for Vontae Davis last year was an absolute STEAL. No 2nd rounder could produce at the level Vontae was at times this year. I remember when people on here scolded that trade too. <b>Colts secondary is a joke, he's not proven worthy of a 2nd rounder yet. </b>

-Re-signing Reggie Wayne (despite everyone thinking he was done)

-Re-signing Robert Mathis (despite people claiming there is no way he'd fit into the 3-4 scheme)

-Signing Cory Redding - he's been a beast for us the last couple years, one of Grigson's best signings

Yes, he was hit & miss last year, but his first year here hit a home-run and to think otherwise is biased on your part. To claim he's a bum after looking at his 1st season makes you look like a fool. Most GMs are scared to take risks to make his team better, I'm glad mine is willing to take those risks.

You also forgot to mention the T Rich trade.. Which by far was his worst move.

Quote:You also forgot to mention the T Rich trade.. Which by far was his worst move.

Ya... It's pretty clear you don't watch the Colts more than twice a season.

I think he's doing great, hopefully Indy holds onto him for the next decade

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:2007 Jaguars 11-5 and made it to the divisional round.

Big whoop.

At that point and time, a lot of people thought the Jaguars had a great staff. Then we saw what happened in 08. Will the same thing happen to the Colts? Remains to be seen.

So until that happens, pick on GM's of teams who are.. you know, actually bad.

I do agree that talking smack to the Colts is stupid right now.

I'd trade places with them instantly.   

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:I do agree that talking smack to the Colts is stupid right now.

I'd trade places with them instantly.   

I don't think I'd trade places with the Colts, but I would darn sure take their QB in a heart beat.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Yeah I wouldn't trade places with the Colts.  Outside of Andrew Luck there isn't much there that would intrigue me as a fan.  Coach Pagano is a great guy but I'm not sure he's the best fit at HC.  I'm also not sold on Grigson…at all.  Everyone touted him early on but the TRich trade is too bad to ignore so far.  The jury is still out, we're only on year one but as of now give me Gus juice over anything the Colts have.

Luck lookin like a bum

Quote:Luck lookin like a bum

Lol?

He's easily been the best QB that's played so far.

Quote:Lol?

He's easily been the best QB that's played so far.
Best pass was a flea flicker into double coverage. Should've been picked off more than he has, but what's new? Luck = INTs

Quote:Best pass was a flea flicker into double coverage. Should've been picked off more than he has, but what's new? Luck = INTs

...And his INT was tipped at the line. 

I'm not going to argue with you about the Pro Bowl. It's pretty clear you're just bitter.

Quote:...And his INT was tipped at the line.

I'm not going to argue with you about the Pro Bowl. It's pretty clear you're just bitter.
Numbers don't lie.

Quote:Numbers don't lie.

You're right, they don't.

??????

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2014, 10:09 PM by lastonealive.)

He should have had 3 picks, but who really cares about the pro bowl. Brees looks like a bum

Quote:You're right, they don't.

??????
Turnovers, keep em comin

Quote:He should have had 3 picks, but who really cares about the pro bowl. Brees looks like a bum

None of the QBs in this Pro Bowl have been impressive.