Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jack Del Rio in rumor mill to be the next Cleveland Browns head coach

Quote:I don't need a family of Browns fans to know that. They publicly expressed dissatisfaction with Brandon Weeden. They may end up picking someone else but the fact they expressed interest in Manziel means they are thinking about picking a quarterback in the first round.

what if manziel goes 1, bridgewater goes 2, and bortles goes 3? they probably wont pick a qb in the first round....

then lets assume that someone takes carr and mccarron before they have a chance. 

still going to guarantee they draft a new qb? (also if you try to say they will take one later, lets assume that murray, mett, garappolo, boyd, and fales all get snagged by a team other than the browns)

they could go in there with weeden again, or hoyer (who i think has some promise) but point being, you cant guarantee theyre going to draft a qb

i think it has a lot to do with 2 things, the browns is a lower level gig based on the current roster and 2. the way they treated chud and the dysfunction between the owner and the gm....no one is going to potentially put their career on the line when they dont have a steady foundation. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Are you on suicide watch yet?

I see that Bill Musgrave is going to the Eagles as OC. Did Chip Kelly fall and hit his head?

Bzzzt!!!! Wrong!

Quote:Bzzzt!!!! Wrong!

Oh, I'm sorry - it's just as QB coach.

Now, if the Jaguars did the same we'd be subjected to a six paragraph screed on how Bradley and Caldwell are stupid beyond redemption.

How are you going to give Kelly a pass on this one? Hmm?

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Oh, I'm sorry - it's just as QB coach.

Now, if the Jaguars did the same we'd be subjected to a six paragraph screed on how Bradley and Caldwell are stupid beyond redemption.

How are you going to give Kelly a pass on this one? Hmm?

Wrong again. You're getting good at that...

I've shown several examples in the last few weeks of coaches that may not be good once promoted beyond their capability, such as Norv Turner being a lousy head coach, but good OC, same with Wade Phillips/ Crennel regarding HC/ DC. Mike Tice is a bad choice for HC and OC, but is a good position coach for OL/ TE. Well Musgrave is a poor choice for OC, but a good choice for QB coach. He was most recently good at that capacity in Atlanta developing Matt Ryan, 

Quote:Wrong again. You're getting good at that...

I've shown several examples in the last few weeks of coaches that may not be good once promoted beyond their capability, such as Norv Turner being a lousy head coach, but good OC, same with Wade Phillips/ Crennel regarding HC/ DC. Mike Tice is a bad choice for HC and OC, but is a good position coach for OL/ TE. Well Musgrave is a poor choice for OC, but a good choice for QB coach. He was most recently good at that capacity in Atlanta developing Matt Ryan, 

Development of Matt Ryan? Lol... Matt Ryan was a 3rd overall pick and is the poster boy for 2nd tier QBs. Musgrave was a terrible in Jacksonville where he worked with QBs, terrible in Washington as the QB coach, did nothing to develop Matt Ryan into an elite passer, and did nothing to make Ponder (or any other Vikings QB) look good in Minnesota....

Yet he is some kind of great QB coach hire? LOL.

Del Rio sucks but I miss him on the sidelines.. he just looked the part didn't he? lol

Quote:Del Rio sucks but I miss him on the sidelines.. he just looked the part didn't he? lol

Absolutely.

I tailgated with his parents (and some posters on this board, the only one I remember is Jagrams) at Lambeu. They were nice.

Quote:Ok, you go on believing everything and we will continue to have this round and round converdation about how teams lie leading up to the draft.

What benefit does it make to a team to give out where and when they will draft a certain player?  Other teams will use that information against them to either trade up or down.  The Texans owner said how much they love Clowney....could be true, but it could also be a complete lie to generate trade rumors.

There's nothing like a good converdation with JW. Smile
Huh

Quote:Development of Matt Ryan? Lol... Matt Ryan was a 3rd overall pick and is the poster boy for 2nd tier QBs. Musgrave was a terrible in Jacksonville where he worked with QBs, terrible in Washington as the QB coach, did nothing to develop Matt Ryan into an elite passer, and did nothing to make Ponder (or any other Vikings QB) look good in Minnesota....

If a coach joins TMD's favorite team, the Eagles, coached by a man who can do no wrong - it's a brilliant move.

If Musgrave were hired by the Jaguars, in any capacity, we'd never hear the end of it.

Exhibit # 212 of his agenda driven "opinions".

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Del Rio sucks but I miss him on the sidelines.. he just looked the part didn't he? lol

I liked the suit.  I wish more coaches would do it.  Today's coaches look like Best Buy salespeople with the khakis and golf shirts.

Just as long as they don't go sleeveless sweater.  LOL

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2014, 12:29 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

I miss nothing about Jack Del Rio and am rooting against the Broncos only because he is part of the organization.

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2014, 12:30 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:If a coach joins TMD's favorite team, the Eagles, coached by a man who can do no wrong - it's a brilliant move.

If Musgrave were hired by the Jaguars, in any capacity, we'd never hear the end of it.

Exhibit # 212 of his agenda driven "opinions".

I guess I have a few favorite teams then, because I give props to  New England coaches just as much if not more so than Eagles coaches. 

Its about appreciating long term winning/ long term consistent solid decision making. Those 2 teams along with Pittsburgh and a few others do it better than anyone....

Quote:I miss nothing about Jack Del Rio and am rooting against the Broncos only because he is part of the organization.

I miss nothing about that posterboy for mediocrity either, but I am also rooting against the Broncos because of the fivehead too. 

Quote:I miss nothing about that posterboy for mediocrity either, but I am also rooting against the Broncos because of the fivehead too. 

I never thought it was hard to be a DC of a Peyton Manning led offense. His ability to comeback from deficits time and time again gives the DC a better chance to "look good". I think if JDR became a HC again, he would lose the locker room within 2 years, and his "coach speak" shtick would wear thin on whichever city he terrorizes.

I don't think Matt Ryan did all that bad this year, especially considering his top receiver was Harry Douglass.  

Ryan ranked 4th in yards this year.  He was top 10 for TD passes.  And that was with his top two receivers out.  6 of his losses were by less than a touchdown.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

If I was Jack, I'd rather stay in Denver....getting the Browns HC job is almost like a demotion.

Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless
;

;

Quote:If I was Jack, I'd rather stay in Denver....getting the Browns HC job is almost like a demotion.

Good, then Jack should feel right at home then... B)

Seems like the Browns may be hiring Pettine.

Quote:Development of Matt Ryan? Lol... Matt Ryan was a 3rd overall pick and is the poster boy for 2nd tier QBs. Musgrave was a terrible in Jacksonville where he worked with QBs, terrible in Washington as the QB coach, did nothing to develop Matt Ryan into an elite passer, and did nothing to make Ponder (or any other Vikings QB) look good in Minnesota....

I'm sure when Foles regresses, he will point back to this weak hire as a big hand in it

Quote:I'm sure when Foles regresses, he will point back to this weak hire as a big hand in it

IF Foles regresses, he'll say that he was right all along about Foles, and that Chip Kelly made him look good for as long as he did.

IF Foles continues to do well, he'll say that it's more proof that it's a good hire by the Eagles.