Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The news we have all been waiting for

Remember the time Terrance Knighton scored on a fumble recovery, but it did not count because Will Middleton somehow hit the quarterback's helmet with his own?

How about the time C.J. Mosley sacked Tom Brady, but the Patriots got a first down because Brady ducked,causing an accidental helmet collision?

Penalties like those will probably be reviewable next year, according to the commissioner.

Quote:<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">A major aspect of the NFL's ongoing initiative to create a safer game has been the increased penalty enforcement on contact to the head and neck areas of players considered defenseless.

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">An unfortunate side effect of this added protection has been the propensity for game officials to mistake a legal hit for something that's not. The speed of the game invites human error into the equation, and the current rules do not allow these type of impact calls to be challenged.

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);"> 

During his exclusive sitdown with NFL Media's Rich Eisen on "NFL Total Access," Commissioner Roger Goodell said he's had conversations on the issue with several coaches this season. Goodell expressed his optimism these penalties soon will be reviewable.

"It's a big call, obviously," Goodell said. "We've had some mistakes made on the field where a player used the right techniques and the flag was thrown.

"You don't want that. You want to encourage them to make the adjustment, which I think players and coaches have done, and we want to make sure we get it right on the field. I believe that will be a reviewable call. I know the committee is going to study that."

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);"> 

In other words, the NFL is finally realizing way too many legal hits are being penalized because of accidental helmet collisions and those penalties should be reviewable. I  have no reason to doubt this will be done because it is happening to players on all 32 teams.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I thought you was going to announce you were preggers.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Reviewable by whom? Will the coach be able to challenge or will it be a judgement call by the refs and the guy upstairs?

Most likely the elite QBs will still get the benefit of the doubt regardless.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Reviewable by whom? Will the coach be able to challenge or will it be a judgement call by the refs and the guy upstairs?

Most likely the elite QBs will still get the benefit of the doubt regardless.

I am sure they will talk about that during their annual meetings. Of course they will have to take judgment out of it.

Quote:I thought you was going to announce you were preggers.

I thought it was that she finally got to see the Wizard.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I guess some people do not like my choice for the subject title. We have all been waiting for the NFL to finally realize far too many RTP and UR penalties are called and they should be reviewable.

Quote:I guess some people do not like my choice for the subject title. We have all been waiting for the NFL to finally realize far too many RTP and UR penalties are called and they should be reviewable.

We were?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:We were?

I remember a lot of board members complained Will Middleton's RTP foul against the Raiders should not have been a penalty. If it was reviewable, it would have been overturned.

I was hoping for new cat pictures. 

Quote:I guess some people do not like my choice for the subject title. We have all been waiting for the NFL to finally realize far too many RTP and UR penalties are called and they should be reviewable.

I CAN SLEEP NOW!!!!

Quote:I was hoping for new cat pictures. 

Unfortunately I can't get a new cat yet.