Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Colin Kaepernick

Quote:The restructure allows him to find another team after the season is over.
Ok so what is your point

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:OK so what is your point?

He will not be a 49er next year.

He sucks dude.  Last week he had more sacks than passing yards and was replaced by Gabbert.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.  Yeah lets bring him here.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:He sucks dude.  Last week he had more sacks than passing yards and was replaced by Gabbert.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.  Yeah lets bring him here.

Pathetic. Why does anybody think he is a good QB without Jim Harbaugh?

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2016, 07:58 PM by GlockBortles.)

Quote:He will not be a 49er next year.
So why did you say "No way this is a guy we should keep an eye on"

Quote:So why did you say "No way this is a guy we should keep an eye on"

Because he sucks.

Quote:Because he sucks.
That definitely wasnt what you were implying in your first comment but ok.

So we want to sign a guy that was beaten out by Blaine Gabbert?

Really?

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2016, 05:13 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

As I said in a response about this in the other thread, a team like the Jags that are visibly partnered with the military in a military town like Jacksonville aren't likely to bring in someone whose off the field activities are found to be offensive by a majority of former and current military members.  So if you're a fan of Kaepernick and the Jags, I'd advise tempering your expectations that the team brings him in or that he would even have success here.

Secondly, teams don't let "good" QBs walk.  If San Fran can't renegotiate his contract and decides to cut Kaepernick outright or let him walk (whichever ends up being the case based on however his contract is written), that should be all anyone needs to know about what they're getting in a free agent.  The only non-injury situation I can think of where a team signed a free agent QB who had an extended history as a starter in this league and did well with them for an extended period of time is Rich Gannon.  The other two are Drew Brees and Peyton Manning who both had serious injury concerns. Otherwise they would have never been allowed to walk from the teams that drafted them.  I don't want to sound like I'm suggesting it's never a good idea to sign free agent QBs, I just wouldn't automatically believe our savior has arrived.

Thirdly, he'll turn 30 mid way through the season next year.  At some point in the not too distant future, his legs are going to betray him.  His success is predicated on the risk that he could take off and run at any moment.  Once that risk is gone and he's forced to stay in the pocket, I don't believe he'll sniff a starting job ever again.

I think what's most likely is he'll still be the starter for the 49ers in training camp in 2017 but he'll be under a new, market-value contract and that competition will be brought in via the draft or free agency.  If any current 49ers QB will be on another team next year, it's much more likely to be Gabbert.

Quote:He's not that bad of a QB

Have you watched him recently?
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:He's not that bad of a QB
lol, he sucks

Quote:his tools (quick release, arm strength, athleticism)
quick release? he's got a long baseball throwing motion. plus he's dumb - cant read defenses.

But that fastball he can throw...

His media circus is almost as bad as tebows! Hell no.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

No thanks. He is garbage.

Kap, lol. Straight garbage

He's not my first pick to come in and compete against BB6.  I'll just leave it at that..  I think there are other mediocre veteran QB's I'd like to see in training camp...  Course, I can't think of any off the top of my head.  But there has to be other alternatives, come free agency.

Kap is going to LA after they get Harbaugh.

Quote:But that fastball he can throw...

Maybe he should go back to baseball.