Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags scoring less under Hackett than Olson

Quote:Bortles was given a head start to the locker room to be given additional time for a injury evaluation and treatment. 

And during that time a play was run. That means he missed a play, contrary to what the article stated.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Gus is so bad at managing a game. Our defense continues to play well and if we could keep the offense on the field more like the Cowboys and win possession of time, we would have won so many more games. 

Quote:And during that time a play was run. That means he missed a play, contrary to what the article stated.

Kneel downs and spikes, plays for clock control, do not count in the statistics.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:In 7 games this year under Olson, the Jags averaged 19.85 points per game.  We keep hearing about how much better things are under Hackett, yet under Hackett I show us scoring 16.83 points a game. 
He tried to reestablish the running game just like he said he would. The problem is that our running game isn't that good. And Blake isn't good enough to carry the team, but he still gets more points. We took both paths and proved that neither works.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Hackett needs to be fired simply for continuing to run out of the shotgun.

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2016, 08:56 AM by Caldrac.)

We've played much better defenses and teams in general since Hackett was tapped on the shoulder for the job. Kansas City leads the AFC West. Denver and Minnesota have team carrying defenses capable of taking over games or shutting offenses down. BUF isn't the greatest team out there but they're also no slouch compared to this team. DET also leads the NFC North.

The running game has improved a bit despite the fact that Ivory, Yeldon and Robinson are either out of the game completely or playing well under 100%. We're now running this offense with Sterling, Koyack and a street free agent at the TE position after losing Thomas and Lewis for the year. Bortles was already turnover prone and one of the worst QB's in accuracy long before Hackett took over the job as well. We've also been without Linder who is easily the best overall lineman we have. 

In fairness to him. I think he's done one hell of a job given the limited time and opportunity with this offense in general. And I am still seeing too many mental lapses on the offensive line. Beachum and Parnell have killed this offense this year with false starts at the worst of times. Again, we just see this team constantly find new ways to beat itself week in and week out. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:The OC firing was largely symbolic, but Hackett is still a better play caller IMO.

If you actually watch the games it's clear to see the Hackett is giving the offense a bit more chance to succeed, but Blake is squandering many of those opportunities. 

Doesn't matter.  There will be a new OC, HC, and probably competition at QB in May 2017. 
I agree with this. Over all, the play calling does seem better with Hacket than it ever did with Olson. The opportunities for the offense have been there, but our 'franchise quarterback' is adept at squandering those opportunities. Nevertheless, we need a better HC and a better quarterback...and a better GM?

Quote:My point is the defense has nothing to do with Hackett helping the offense not play in garbage time. You have no argument against Hackett.
... and you, as usual, have no point.

Quote:In 7 games this year under Olson, the Jags averaged 19.85 points per game.  We keep hearing about how much better things are under Hackett, yet under Hackett I show us scoring 16.83 points a game. 

As someone have mentioned, we've played some tough defenses since Hack took over at OC. While the total points hasn't really changed, I believe our 3rd down completion has been greatly improved since.

Torture numbers enough....and you can get them to say anything.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:... and you, as usual, have no point.

You missed it. That is why you think I don't have one.

Olson was a Scapegoat, the prob is Gus and the whole coaching  staff 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Bortles was given a head start to the locker room to be given additional time for a injury evaluation and treatment. 

After seeing the 2 shots in a relatively short amount of time Blake Bortles took in the 1st QTR,  I was at least somewhat surprised he was able to finish the game not counting the one play before the end of the half.   Bortles hasn't performed the way I thought he would this season but he displayed toughness that afternoon.

Quote:After seeing the 2 shots in a relatively short amount of time Blake Bortles took in the 1st QTR,  I was at least somewhat surprised he was able to finish the game not counting the one play before the end of the half.   Bortles hasn't performed the way I thought he would this season but he displayed toughness that afternoon.

That was not the first time. Last year Bortles suffered a thumb fracture in the first quarter at Houston. After the game some people said they noticed an issue with his ability to grip the ball, but Blake never missed a snap.

Quote:That was not the first time. Last year Bortles suffered a thumb fracture in the first quarter at Houston. After the game some people said they noticed an issue with his ability to grip the ball, but Blake never missed a snap.

Though there are probably more questions than answers with Blake Bortles based on what transpired this season,  his willingness to play with pain is a major plus.

Quote:Though there are probably more questions than answers with Blake Bortles based on what transpired this season, his willingness to play with pain is a major plus.

That is an important trait for any football player.

Quote:Olson was a Scapegoat, the prob is Gus and the whole coaching  staff 

A stop gap as well.  I believe they thought they could still "win" enough games to save their jobs.  Too bad that was never going to happen.  The die was cast January 2016 when the HC was retained.  It is amazing to have such little statistical change for 4 years in the win column.  Gus can't create any synergy in his team and get the phases of football to compliment each other.

I believe that comes down to his inability to game plan and put in the "wrinkles".  The preparation is suspect as well.  Not being competitive in September really is the indictment of his abilities.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.