Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Brian Orakpo

I'd love to see him in teal. What do you think?

Any chance Caldwell might make an early splash in free agency to get him?

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'd love to see him in teal. What do you think?

Any chance Caldwell might

make an early splash in free agency to get him?
not if he's asking more than six mil a year

Great talent, but the injury history concerns me.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Nope. Waaaaay too expensive for what Dave has repeatedly said is in the plans for FA.

Quote:Great talent, but the injury history concerns me.

All the injuries are upper body and he has been healthy this year.

He is a very good player, my only concern is that he will get paid like great one. That's Free Agency I suppose. Picking him up at whatever cost would certainly free up the draft.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

Quote:Nope. Waaaaay too expensive for what Dave has repeatedly said is in the plans for FA.

Maybe, we don't know what he's looking for.  Getting out of the hellhole that is the Washington organization may appeal to him.

No state income tax also has to be attractive to him. I think we may have a great chance at him. He is good but not elite. Maybe a B or B+ rated guy. Bradley might pull the trigger on him. I still remember watching his story on college game day while he was at Texas. He would (or still does) work out so hard that he kept a trash can next to him at all times for when he puked. Much intensity.
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

If you can get him for the right price, do it. If not, don't.

Overpaying for pass rushers, QBs, and CBs hasn't typically worked out for most teams, based upon what they paid.

I would rather see them overpay at a position which doesn't get as silly as the ones listed above. Overpaying a good guard will cost a lot less than overpaying a good DE or QB.

I think DC already knows this all though.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Pass...Hardy please.

Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote:All the injuries are upper body and he has been healthy this year.

He is a very good player, my only concern is that he will get paid like great one. That's Free Agency I suppose. Picking him up at whatever cost would certainly free up the draft.

Didn't Leon Searcy miss a ton of time due to upper body injuries? Not as scary as some lower body injuries, but ability to suit up on Sundays is vital.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Didn't Leon Searcy miss a ton of time due to upper body injuries? Not as scary as some lower body injuries, but ability to suit up on Sundays is vital.

He played all year this year and got double digit sacks, so whatever it was I assume he is managing it, or is over it. He got injured the last game of the season 3 years ago, then it flared up again early the next year. The Redskins medical staff doing their usual great job I assume. Lol

Also I think it was muscular rather than joints/ligaments.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

Quote:Pass...Hardy please.
Sorry, but if Orakpo is waaaaaay too expensive for what Dave has said multiple times to expect in FA, then Hardy is going to be waaaaaaay waaaaaaaay too expensive. Lower expectations drastically please.

The last decent OLBs in free agency were pricey..Paul Kruger signed for $8m per year and Conner Barwin for $6m per year. Orakpo, being only 27, and productive in getting to the QB, will command a deal, in my opinion, in the $7-10m range. If Caldwell wants a successful and young pass rusher in free agency, they won't be cheap.

There's no such thing as a fair price for a free agent pass rusher. Either you get one and overpay and hope he earns at least half of his check, or you don't.

I wouldn't even be upset if we overpaid for a pass rusher. It has been more than a decade since the Jags have had a decent pass rusher.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:Nope. Waaaaay too expensive for what Dave has repeatedly said is in the plans for FA.

Yep....no way he comes here........unless he hears how great the coaching staff and environment is here.....plus low taxes......and he is willing to sign here for less