Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Browns apparently want Johnny Manziel

Quote:I'm pretty sure a bunch of teams want Manziel, whether some fans want him or not..

I agree, but the Browns are the biggest threat to trade with the Rams because they have extra picks and only need to leapfrog us.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2014, 02:31 PM by Achilles.)

again anytime something along these lines come up, I say great. Better chance for us to land teddy.

is anyone else just astonished by how stupid jaguarswoman is? Not only that but she projects a pompous and condescending attitude through her posts that literally never cease to amaze me. Bravo.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2014, 02:33 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:So wait. I thought we were spazzing a few weeks ago because the Texans signed the bestest coach ever and the best thing since sliced bread in Bridgewater.

I still think they take Bridgewater, 1st. 

But if it happens that they like another QB more and trade down for a great deal and STILL get the QB they want, then thats still coming out way ahead. I'd say it if we did that too. (pending on the QB taken, obviously) If either the Jags or Texans take Carr as that QB then I'd rip both of them. But if either team trades down and still gets Bridge/ Manziel/ Bortles or Mallett by the end of draft weekend, than either one will have made a great deal. 

Quote:So the Texans get Bortles, who is who they want anyway, AND get another 1st rounder, to boot.... (which sucks for us as it will give the Texans TWO picks between their 4th overall and our pick at 37. )

THATS how you work the draft, my friends. 

Quote:I still think they take Bridgewater, 1st. 

But if it happens that they like another QB more and trade down for a great deal and STILL get the QB they want, then thats still coming out way ahead. I'd say it if we did that too. (pending on the QB taken, obviously) If either the Jags or Texans take Carr as that QB then I'd rip both of them. But if either team trades down and still gets Bridge/ Manziel/ Bortles or Mallett by the end of draft weekend, than either one will have made a great deal. 

First you said the want Bortles, and in the same thread, now they are still taking Bridgewater?

You want to be entertained, draft Johnny. If you want to win a superbowl, you dont. 

Hopefully the Rams draft Clowney and we can hold the third pick hostage over Cleveland and force as much out of them as we can or threaten to draft Manziel over them.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Still think tinhorns take Clowney. He is still the best player in the draft by a long shot.

Quote:I still think they take Bridgewater, 1st.

Come on man. You don't care what happens. You'll still spin it into some doom and gloom prophecy.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:So the Texans get Bortles, who is who they want anyway, AND get another 1st rounder, to boot.... (which sucks for us as it will give the Texans TWO picks between their 4th overall and our pick at 37. )

THATS how you work the draft, my friends.

You work the draft by coming up with a made up scenario?

Quote:First you said the want Bortles, and in the same thread, now they are still taking Bridgewater?

Going by what the ARTICLE says that they want Bortles. I personally believe when its all said and done they still get Bridgewater. 

Quote:You work the draft by coming up with a made up scenario?

yawn....

Obviously meant the concept of trading down, stockpiling picks and still getting a good player with one of the picks obtained in the trade. 

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2014, 02:45 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Come on man. You don't care what happens. You'll still spin it into some doom and gloom prophecy.

Nope, the Jaguars own their gloom & doom. I merely am the messenger. 

I didn't bash the Joeckel pick last year. Why? because it was the best player from that draft. I have no problem giving credit or Seeing the team in a good light when they make moves deserving of. 

How everything plays out will determine whether i bash/ praise the Jags and how I see the Texans fortunes going forward. 

If the Texans draft Derek Carr for instance, theres nothing they could do to make me praise that selection. 

Good decisions and bad decisions stand on their own. 

Everybody needs to ignore TMD.  He will mope and whine no matter what happens.  He was complaining about how we would have no shot at Clowney at #3 overall a month ago, and now that it looks like he could be available, he refers to him as "CLOWN."  Everybody knows he's not a real Jaguars fan.

As for the thread, I'm all for a team jumping us for Manziel...as long as Bridgewater is still available.  I'm still holding out some hope that Houston takes Clowney after he BLOW UP the scouting combine, breaking all sorts of records.  Fingers crossed.

Quote:yawn....

Obviously meant the concept of trading down, stockpiling picks and still getting a good player with one of the picks obtained in the trade.

But they didn't do anything and you're already praising them. It's a great thought but what if the same thing that happened to the rams happens to them?

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2014, 03:14 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Everybody needs to ignore TMD.  He will mope and whine no matter what happens.  He was complaining about how we would have no shot at Clowney at #3 overall a month ago, and now that it looks like he could be available, he refers to him as "CLOWN."  Everybody knows he's not a real Jaguars fan.

As for the thread, I'm all for a team jumping us for Manziel...as long as Bridgewater is still available.  I'm still holding out some hope that Houston takes Clowney after he BLOW UP the scouting combine, breaking all sorts of records.  Fingers crossed.

Its good for the Jaguars that Clowney at least should be there at our pick. A month ago that didn't seem likely. 

The pick of 3 might just be worth more than taking Clowney at 3 because of the risk factor. Clowney's potential is high enough that you'll never have a problem trading a pick that he's sitting at. But after watching him in several games this year combined with all the smoke about his work ethic issues, I'm not sure I want to take him at 3. That said, at 3 there are 2 choices: One, trade the pick or 2. take Clowney....there is no "pass on Clowney for Barr or Mack". For instance. If you want one of them, you trade down and still get them. 

Quote:But they didn't do anything and you're already praising them. It's a great thought but what if the same thing that happened to the rams happens to them?

I'll laugh if that happens, but how could it really? At 4, They are guaranteed one of Bridge/ Manziel/ Clowney/ Bortles

Quote:Nope, the Jaguars own their gloom & doom. I merely am the messenger. 

I think I just threw up a little.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:I think I just threw up a little.

I meant they make their own decisions. They own them. If the outlook portrayed by me is "doom & gloom", its based on bad decision making that they made. 

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2014, 03:25 PM by BlueEyedJag.)

Quote:yawn....

Are they only trading back to #2 cause we know how you feel about our #3 pick.

Quote:Its good for the Jaguars that Clowney at least should be there at our pick. A month ago that didn't seem likely.

The pick of 3 might just be worth more than taking Clowney at 3 because of the risk factor. Clowney's potential is high enough that you'll never have a problem trading a pick that he's sitting at. But after watching him in several games this year combined with all the smoke about his work ethic issues, I'm not sure I want to take him at 3. That said, at 3 there are 2 choices: One, trade the pick or 2. take Clowney....there is no "pass on Clowney for Barr or Mack". For instance. If you want one of them, you trade down and still get them.

I'll laugh if that happens, but how could it really? At 4, They are guaranteed one of Bridge/ Manziel/ Clowney/ Bortles

You've been saying Bortles isn't worth a top 10 pick.

Quote:You've been saying Bortles isn't worth a top 10 pick.

I do not think he is. But I could be wrong. I would not select him before 10-15 if I was in charge.